Last minute bella sirena condo rental

Since I can only get last minute time off from my job, We are looking for a one or two bedroom condo at the BELLA SIRENA for this weekend... as in day after tomorrow... Friday thru Sunday nights.

Hate like hell going through Seaside. Much rather rent direct.

PM me with details.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
i am looking to eat at a restaurant this weekend and I would like to avoid paying the establishment directly. if a cook our server is willing to take some cash under the table, please let me know- I would rather pay you guys direct and skip paying the restaurant.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
i am looking to eat at a restaurant this weekend and I would like to avoid paying the establishment directly. if a cook our server is willing to take some cash under the table, please let me know- I would rather pay you guys direct and skip paying the restaurant.
Man you are such a hater

Kelney

Eh, I rent from owners directly each time I go to Rocky Point when I stay at a condo. Where supply is much higher than demand, why pay managment companies like Seaside and condo management companies when you can save a lot of money by renting directly through the owners?

Roberto

Can't follow you analogy. Is it the case that all rental properties at Bella Sirena are under contract to Seaside?

I dont get it. Btw, I'm also gonna go fishing. Would you like to tag along? I have only one life vest, no radio and will go out far enough so no one will hear your screams.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I dont get it. Btw, I'm also gonna go fishing. Would you like to tag along? I have only one life vest, no radio and will go out far enough so no one will hear your screams.
ahhhh, you are such a sweetheart. my point was if the resort has an exclusive rental agreement that states an owner needs to rent their unit with such and such rental operator, you are either going around this arrangement or the owner who has an agreement with the rental company is violating their agreement (regarless if 1000000000 rooms are available). I don't know if Bella allows any owner to rent as they please, if so you may be able to get the place for $10 per night from some desperate owner or give 'favors' to the owner in exchange for the use of their unit.

I know you can come up with something more creative than "i'm going to go fishing and bring 1 life vest"... that was weak, you need more practice gum shoe

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
what's the difference?
Your restaraunt analogy is stupid, because if I tried to coerce a server/waiter or cook to serve me a meal, and pay him under the table, then I am paying him/her to STEAL the food from the restaraunt's proprietor...

Now, If I should go to a restaraunt owner, and say "your menu says this costs $10, but I only have $8; will you take $8? ; and he says "yes, I will take $8, but you get no bread on the side", and I say "That's cool- I don't need bread" then that is a legitimate negotiation, yes?

So, why is it unacceptable to engage in the same type of direct negotiation with a condo owner, exactly...?

Roberto

Still don't get it? You appear to be saying that NO ONE should be allowed to rent their property directly and should be required to use a rental company always. Clearly if there is an agreement a direct rental would be a violation of that agreement, then in that case maybe the rental company should refuse to manage that property. If one buys into a development that clearly states they buyer is required to use a specified management company, that's one thing, but I don't subscribe to the notion that otherwise owners are married to a rental company via some agreement with a management company.

Tell us why you are so concerned about this? Maybe I am being dumb (again).

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Your restaraunt analogy is stupid, because if I tried to coerce a server/waiter or cook to serve me a meal, and pay him under the table, then I am paying him/her to STEAL the food from the restaraunt's proprietor...

Now, If I should go to a restaraunt owner, and say "your menu says this costs $10, but I only have $8; will you take $8? ; and he says "yes, I will take $8, but you get no bread on the side", and I say "That's cool- I don't need bread" then that is a legitimate negotiation, yes?

So, why is it unacceptable to engage in the same type of direct negotiation with a condo owner, exactly...?
look dumb dumb, if an owner has an exclusive agreement that states they cannot rent their unit outside of the rental operator- they are stealing from someone (ie. the rental operator and the HOA since the rental operator collects impact fees for the paying guests of the resort). this is not reinventing the wheel. many condo developments have exclusive agreements with one or two rental operators- that is the way it is both in Mexico and in the states. If an owner does not want to use a rental operator when it comes to renting their unit, they should not purchase a property in a development that has such restrictions.

If you have a contract with someone or do business in an industry that requires you to use certain vendors, what do you think would happen if you looked for a loophole to make more money on the side by circumventing these restrictions and vendors?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
if no restrictions exists then by all means go nutz with $5 offers. if restrictions exist that prevent the owner from renting on their own, then that is something they should have thought about prior to purchasing in that development.

Still don't get it? You appear to be saying that NO ONE should be allowed to rent their property directly and should be required to use a rental company always. Clearly if there is an agreement a direct rental would be a violation of that agreement, then in that case maybe the rental company should refuse to manage that property. If one buys into a development that clearly states they buyer is required to use a specified management company, that's one thing, but I don't subscribe to the notion that otherwise owners are married to a rental company via some agreement with a management company.

Tell us why you are so concerned about this? Maybe I am being dumb (again).

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Palomas HOA controls the property completely and the "owners" are just like timeshare owners for maintenance. Owners have agreed to be part of the HOA and thereby have contractually agreed to self inflict this statute on themselves. In return owners of the HOA agree to receive a stipend after expenses (maintenance fees) from the Income that is generate by this HOA.

Just a different form of ownership. I would call owners "share holders in a Hotel like property with direct liability" and as a shareholder of a hotel, you can not rent or profit of the hotels property but liabel for the upkeep. NICE!!

A different form of ownership...? I would retort that there is hardly any "ownership" in that arrangement at all... That is classic "fee simple tenant/ debtor in possession" title contract - Maybe one step above an outright timeshare.

I don't envy anyone who signed on THAT bottom line...

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
know what you buy before purchasing. nothing new here. countless condo developments in both countries have restrictions in place when it comes to who can rent and who cant.
often times restrictions are set in place to prevent owners from creating their own rental market (ie. if this development would normally call for a higher end clientelle, the restrictions would prevent an owner from renting their unit for $10 per night and thus create a new type of clientelle that would normally not stay at the development). restrictions also exists to help with security (who is there and who can be removed if a problem exists). restrictions also exist to help offset HOA expenses by having the paying guest pay an impact fee during their stay. countless reasons exists as to why many developments (most actually) have rental restrictions and thus will contract with only 1 or 2 operators to handle any rentals.

if you dont want rental restrictions, the solution is simple... purchase a property that does not restrict what you can and cant do (ex. privada- yet you can only have long term rentals or purchase a home- however make sure that the HOA allows you to rent your property).

Palomas HOA controls the property completely and the "owners" are just like timeshare owners for maintenance. Owners have agreed to be part of the HOA and thereby have contractually agreed to self inflict this statute on themselves. In return owners of the HOA agree to receive a stipend after expenses (maintenance fees) from the Income that is generate by this HOA.

Just a different form of ownership. I would call owners "share holders in a Hotel like property with direct liability" and as a shareholder of a hotel, you can not rent or profit of the hotels property but liabel for the upkeep. NICE!!

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
look dumb dumb, many condo developments have exclusive agreements with one or two rental operators- that is the way it is both in Mexico and in the states. If an owner does not want to use a rental operator when it comes to renting their unit, they should not purchase a property in a development that has such restrictions.
I have no argument with you on that point; and I am quite familiar with the foundational premise of contract law.

However, you yourself declared that you had no idea whether or not Bella Sirena had such contract stipulations in place before you went off the deep end and tried to elevate this into an ethical issue.

And then you pulled your gloves off in calling me a dumb dumb, so I guess I am therefore justified in declaring that if you really are an attorney, then the fundamental modus tollens logic gaffe you pulled with your lame restarant analogy should be a glaring red flag to anyone looking to retain your services...

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
You're the lawyer a## hole, what do you think will happen? A loop hole is just that!
I don't want my grandpa Kenny to have a heart attack, he is just a senile old man that does not understand law.
Pa, let me know when you need your diaper changed

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I'm sorry I called you a dumb dumb. although you called my restaurant analogy stupid and it hurt my atheist feelings.
I will work on my "if then" statement my latin schoolar. I have no idea if Bella has restrictions (I assume they do). I am also workin on my modus ponens

I have no argument with you on that point; and I am quite familiar with the foundational premise of contract law.

However, you yourself declared that you had no idea whether or not Bella Sirena had such contract stipulations in place before you went off the deep end and tried to elevate this into an ethical issue.

And then you pulled your gloves off in calling me a dumb dumb, so I guess I am therefore justified in declaring that if you really are an attorney, then the fundamental modus tollens logic gaffe you pulled with your lame restarant analogy should be a glaring red flag to anyone looking to retain your services...

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I'm sorry I called you a dumb dumb. although you called my restaurant analogy stupid and it hurt my atheist feelings.
I will work on my "if then" statement my latin schoolar. I have no idea if Bella has restrictions (I assume they do). I am also workin on my modus ponens
It was fun.... :cheers: