Liability Insurance Question

flicks

I was told that you can purchase a yearly policy for Liability (only) for your car. It would be good for travel with 100 miles of the border. It is suppose to be relatively cheap. As long as you have full coverage in the states.. I checked with Farmers & they have a limited 25 mile in policy.

mondone

Whitecaps
You only legally must have liability insurance at a minimum to drive in Mexico. Some USA policies will extend your coverage up to 25 miles from the border into Mexico, but that will only cover your personal expenses and whatever vehicle coverages you carry for your vehicle.. Bottom line is it will NOT be recognized as legal coverage by Mexico. You cannot drive into Mexico without a policy issued by a Mexican company period.! A good possible alternative depending on your situation is purchasing a drivers policy rather than a vehicle policy from a Mexican insurance company. They are the pretty inexpensive and cover you for any vehicle you drive in Mexico.

Landshark

I have a policy on my drivers license. Proalliance just emailed me a renewal reminder today. This is a copy of the email.

We will be very happy if you give us the opportunity to work for you again.
There have been some changes to the minimum required liability limits, so I’ve included some information.
In the past, the liability damages imposed on an at-fault driver who caused a negligent fatality in Mexico that limit has been increased by the Mexican Government to $ 300,000 US Dollars
The Driver’s License Insurance
The renewal quote is.............. $ 155.85 (2 persons.)
Includes the following:

Civil Liability:
This coverage protects you in the event you cause bodily injury or property damage to third parties. Coverage is $500,000 USD combined single limit for damages you cause to others. This does not provide coverage for passengers of the insured vehicle.

Bond and Legal Assistance:
This policy will pay up to $ 20,000 USD to assist you in the event you need to deal with authorities following a covered cause of loss.
Travel Assistance: The underwriter provides some level of travel assistance coverage.

flicks

I have a policy on my drivers license. Proalliance just emailed me a renewal reminder today. This is a copy of the email.

There have been some changes to the minimum required liability limits, so I’ve included some information.
In the past, the liability damages imposed on an at-fault driver who caused a negligent fatality in Mexico that limit has been increased by the Mexican Government to $ 300,000 US Dollars
Includes the following:

Civil Liability:
This coverage protects you in the event you cause bodily injury or property damage to third parties. Coverage is $500,000 USD combined single limit for damages you cause to others. This does not provide coverage for passengers of the insured vehicle.

This policy will pay up to $ 20,000 USD to assist you in the event you need to deal with authorities following a covered cause of loss.
Travel Assistance: The underwriter provides some level of travel assistance coverage.

OK, Maybe that's what I was missing. It was a Policy on your Drivers license..

Landshark

The cost is very reasonable. Seems like it was about $125 for the policy on my license, then an add'l $25 per person to add family members. Call them for details.
PROALLIANCE INSURANCE
Office Mx: (638) 388-6624
From US: (602) 773-1031
US Fax : (602) 296-0145

flicks

Includes the following:

Civil Liability:

Soooo your passengers are not covered with that. Correct..

Landshark

Soooo your passengers are not covered with that. Correct..
The way that part is written is confusing. A driver's license policy only provides coverage for the other guy. "This coverage protects you in the event you cause bodily injury or property damage to third parties." (Third party is the other guy)