Lobos fishing 3-4-15

SunDevil

were these what you caught? we got a twofer on sunday. it is my understanding these are Bonita and are not that good to eat. Someone said they were good if you canned them. we caught 10 in 40 minutes trolling rapalas.

IMG_0676_MED.JPG

Last edited:

Kenny

It won't open for me, get error. Anyone else? I can't see it but if nothing else, they make good cut bait.

Bonito dried and shaved is used for a lot of soup broths in Japanese. I love it but it is FISHY.

Katsuobushi

My family is still a little put off by it but I think it's really good. A handful in about 4 cups of water and BAM fish broth. A little soy and a dash of sugar, throw in some good noodles and fresh leafy veggies and herbs. MMM so good.

If you bleed these correctly and filet them , then cut them into Filet mignon size , you can season them like a steak and they are the cow of the ocean. You need to cut the gills ,tail and behind the head and dunk them in ocean for a couple of minutes . Just cook them med. rare. Also a big point is if you get into them go to bigger line and horse them in and the meat is much much better. It's like letting a elk or deer run before shooting it. Leigh

jerry

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
my buddies Matt and Ian that went to Angel Island with Ted and I went fishing with Tommy in Lobos last weekend too.....Flat water,no wind and fish! Tom caught a Mako over 6 feet long on a hand line ( they let it go for varied reasons ....Matt thought to beautiful to die)....circling to pick off Bonita.....weighed well over 200 lbs......make a cold beer taste good after that day......love the Sea of Cortez!!!! book a trip with Tom...best money you have ever spent....live Cholla in 1977

JoseAz

View attachment 7359 View attachment 7360 View attachment 7361 View attachment 7362
my buddies Matt and Ian that went to Angel Island with Ted and I went fishing with Tommy in Lobos last weekend too.....Flat water,no wind and fish! Tom caught a Mako over 6 feet long on a hand line ( they let it go for varied reasons ....Matt thought to beautiful to die)....circling to pick off Bonita.....weighed well over 200 lbs......make a cold beer taste good after that day......love the Sea of Cortez!!!! book a trip with Tom...best money you have ever spent....live Cholla in 1977
Awesome guys, thanks for letting such a magnificent creature go

jerry

View attachment 7359 View attachment 7360 View attachment 7361 View attachment 7362
How is Phil doing Jerry . Beer is cold still. When are you moving south
How is Phil doing Jerry . Beer is cold still. When are you moving south
Good.,...not sure..
A complex project