Local fishing 3-5 -16

Edna and I went out just off of Whale Hill and did great. Win finder said the wind would be up before 2 :00 so we stayed in close. We fished from about 200 yds out to close in. Nice Rock Bass and Triggers and 2 med sized Pinto. Total 3/4 of a 5 gal bucket. As the story goes catching and not landing does not count but I did get one on that set the reel screaming, got him up a little and then it holed up and would not come out. I let out line and after about 10 min gave up and pulled the line, broke the hook off and will get to try for another day.

sampson

Playing Hooky
Edna and I went out just off of Whale Hill and did great. Win finder said the wind would be up before 2 :00 so we stayed in close. We fished from about 200 yds out to close in. Nice Rock Bass and Triggers and 2 med sized Pinto. Total 3/4 of a 5 gal bucket. As the story goes catching and not landing does not count but I did get one on that set the reel screaming, got him up a little and then it holed up and would not come out. I let out line and after about 10 min gave up and pulled the line, broke the hook off and will get to try for another day.
On Sunday I thought I saw you and Edna pass in front of the Sonoran Sun before we headed for home how did you do on Sunday?

Hi, not sure if I should be creating a new post or if I can just ask here but I was wondering where do you launch from, the marina, by the pier where the fisherman launch, or is there an easier way to launch? I want to do some kayak fishing or take my inflatable boat (zodiac style) and was wondering where it might be good to launch from. We usually stay at Peñasco del Sol or Marina Pinacate.. thanks in advance.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hi, not sure if I should be creating a new post or if I can just ask here but I was wondering where do you launch from, the marina, by the pier where the fisherman launch, or is there an easier way to launch? I want to do some kayak fishing or take my inflatable boat (zodiac style) and was wondering where it might be good to launch from. We usually stay at Peñasco del Sol or Marina Pinacate.. thanks in advance.

Good launching out of Cholla Bay to the West past the mountain. Especially if you are launching the kayak. Good for the zodiac too if you want to self launch. There are also boat launchers there too if you want to pay for professional launch or when the tide is really really low. Yes, you can also launch out of LA BAHIA ramp at the old port.

Not very familiar with the cholla bay area, but I hear great things about it..

I guess I mostly stick to the old port side of town since we usually stay around there.. But I def want to check it out, especially since I hear the fishing is great there... Thanks for the info Joe

Q-ban-