Long wait at Lukeville entering Mexico on Firday Sept 3rd

Got to the border at around 6pm and there was a 45 minute wait to get INTO Mexico. There must have been over 20 border patrol agents checking Americans to ensure they are not taking either guns nor $10,000 into Mexico. So Arizona has asked for more Federal help to guard our borders and Obama complies with over 1,000 additional border agents. The catch is it looks like they have been asked to hassle Arizonian's leaving the country...too funny if it were not so frustrating.

Meanwhile Sheriff Joe is getting sued.

Watch what you ask for I guess!

That's strange, because we got there (the end of the line) at 3:56 and got the green light at 4:26......exactly one half hour. But, there were no questions asked.........by anyone on either side. The border patrol agent just looked at us and gave as a little wave through and we got the green light and kept on going!!! The hold up for us was just everyone waiting for the light, nothing else.

I was back home...but on the news they said the busted someone with a pickup truck with 900 pounds of pot at the Lukeville crossing. I bet that had something to do with it.

Going into Mexico with Pot? that much seems strange usually other way around...this build up is starting going into Mexico.....

B

Bob Brown

We came thru the Luckville border entry around 2:15 PM on Friday 9/3 and the wait was less than 15 minutes all of which was on the US side being backed up. No questions no search, asked where we staying was the only question.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I came thru Sat. morn. at 11 A.M. and the only question was, "You got air conditioning in that Jeep?" Answer, "yes". "Well then roll that window up, crank the air and get going! It's hot!" LOL! I was in line maybe 2 minutes!