Look what is coming to Penasco

azdiva

Sorry Roger, Your New top billing is Blanca...one show only, she will surely bring the house down...Write a song!

AZRob

Look what it doing to the weather in the valley. It might bring some rain to CA to help out.

Look what it doing to the weather in the valley. It might bring some rain to CA to help out.
The rain we are getting in the valley the past few days was from last weeks Hurricane Andres that tracked NW of Baja.

The new one Blanca should provide some much needed rain for AZ and CA and hopefully make the upcoming fire season a non event.
So far not many. :)

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It is extremely abnormal to see hurricanes forming in the Pacific in JUNE... Isn't this just another sign of climate change?!

Agreed it is a bit unusual for Pacific hurricanes in June, always seem to appear Aug-October when the atmosphere is
really pumped up from the summer heat and humidity.

jerry

Agreed it is a bit unusual for Pacific hurricanes in June, always seem to appear Aug-October when the atmosphere is
really pumped up from the summer heat and humidity.

maybe 35 mile an hour winds and rain beginning Tuesday....man if it gets in the mountains again the road to the South will be a mess for a month...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Noaa says season starts May 15th www.nhc.noaa.gov
"Blanca became the earliest-in-season tropical cyclone to make landfall in the Baja peninsula. According to NOAA's database, only one other pre-July 1 tropical cyclone tracked within 150 nautical miles of the southern Baja peninsula, a Jun. 14, 1958 Category 1 hurricane whose center passed just south of Los Cabos. "

No further questions, YOUR WITNESS!

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-tropical-storm-blanca-baja-california-desert-southwest-jun2015

Terry C

Blanca Changed Her Mind
And was kind to us. By the time she arrived, she had used up most of her power and was no more than a tropical storm, dumping plenty of rain, and ruffling palapa leaves pretty good, but not doing much damage. There were spotty power outages, but with 200 CFE trucks brought over here and standing by, that was quickly patched up.

But keep those generators and window protections handy, this is only the start of what promises to be a long and stormy season.

Check out the home movies Bill Stein shot from his house in the Pedregal

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Blanca hit as a tropical storm not a hurricane-

This is like DOG telling Tequila Todd that the concert isn't next to Banditos rather in front of Changos... In reality they're talking about the same damn lot and DOG is just being a D!@K...

Now if you read the weather channel.com report that I cited it's irrelevant that it downgraded before making landfall. The point is that two of these things in the PACIFIC this time of year is not normal... Just my opinion but I've only been here 31 years so obviously you gentlemen would know more than I would.