Looking for a two bedroom condo at bella sirena or sonoran sea for june 10-14th

Just wondering.....did you contact a rental site for these 2 places and not get a response? Last week I did for both these and the Sonoran Sun and got no response from 2 rental sites. I waited several days then sent emails again. Nothing. Thought it was very odd. Finally booked nearby on Sandy Beach.

That's what happened to me. I wonder if those people who own the condos know what non response their management teams are giving. Pretty sorry.

I did contact a rental company. I have dealt with Seaside in the past with no problems. The reason I want to rent directly from the owner is to avoid paying tax and other "fee's" they add on. For example, for my upcoming five night stay in RP next week, I would pay near 250.00 in "fee's" and "taxes". We had a family member who used to own a Condo at the Bella Sirena back in the day. He would rent it to us for a hundred a night. No stupid fee's or such. Maybe I'm a bit used to that... I dont know. Also, Id ratehr put teh extra money in the owners pocket as I've heard that when using a rental company, a small percentage actually gets back in the owners hands.

Anyways, thanks for the PM's. I've responded to them all. See ya Sunday regardless. Hope the water is warm.

El Gato

I did contact a rental company. I have dealt with Seaside in the past with no problems. The reason I want to rent directly from the owner is to avoid paying tax and other "fee's" they add on. For example, for my upcoming five night stay in RP next week, I would pay near 250.00 in "fee's" and "taxes". We had a family member who used to own a Condo at the Bella Sirena back in the day. He would rent it to us for a hundred a night. No stupid fee's or such. Maybe I'm a bit used to that... I dont know. Also, Id ratehr put teh extra money in the owners pocket as I've heard that when using a rental company, a small percentage actually gets back in the owners hands.

Anyways, thanks for the PM's. I've responded to them all. See ya Sunday regardless. Hope the water is warm.
Owners who rent without using a rental agency are still responsible for paying the taxes (and the government is cracking down on that) and they are still responsible for paying the impact fees (and most complexes are cracking down on that too as it effects other owners). Just because they are not collecting the taxes/impact fees from you does not mean they are not owed.

Responsible owners who rent should pay taxes and impact fees even if they are not listed separately with the rental price. I think the OP is trying to avoid the bait and switch that is common with Seaside and other property management or rental firms where they quote one price only to find the end amount is substantially higher. The days of overwhelming rental demand are behind us and many of these agencies continue to exist by fleecing both their rental customers and the dwellings owners. In this very short thread there have already been several comments that potential customers can't even get a return email or a phone call from these agencies. I think this speaks volumes about how their business is run. An all-inclusive price to the renter where the owner is then responsible for backing out the tax and other fees is the way to go with any rental.

Again, I dont want this thread to turn into a big argument about ethics. I simply want to rent a condo next week through the owner directly.

El Gato

Responsible owners who rent should pay taxes and impact fees even if they are not listed separately with the rental price. I think the OP is trying to avoid the bait and switch that is common with Seaside and other property management or rental firms where they quote one price only to find the end amount is substantially higher. The days of overwhelming rental demand are behind us and many of these agencies continue to exist by fleecing both their rental customers and the dwellings owners. In this very short thread there have already been several comments that potential customers can't even get a return email or a phone call from these agencies. I think this speaks volumes about how their business is run. An all-inclusive price to the renter where the owner is then responsible for backing out the tax and other fees is the way to go with any rental.
I agree with you. When I ask for the total price I expect it to include taxes, fees, etc. I hate unpleasant surprises!

We've worked with Castaways (us with buying and DS with buying & rental) and they have always been very good about responding quickly. The other thing is that Castaways insist the owner keeps the rental up to snuff.

If rental aren't well maintained that hurts everyone, including the owner who relies on the agency to let them know if something needs fixing, cleaning, etc. Fortunately it doesn't happen often - at least I hope not.

playaperro

El Pirata
Last time they had a round up of people not paying the hacienda taxes they had a countless number as I recall the least amount they were fined was $4000.00
plus late fee's and attorney fee's. They have people turning on each other and of course they are on to the internet. Talk about high risk, don't even think about doing it. Watch out for the guy looking for the paying no tax rental, might be a reverse set up.

az-dan

Please do not rent from someone at the Sea. I am aresponsible owner and believe that we should follow the rules. Renting as you want to do undermines the rest of us who do follow the rules. No one likes paying taxes or fees but that is part of living in a civilized society. What you have posted is that you want everyone else to pay for the roads, police,utilities and the upkeep of the common areas of the complex so that you can use them. If you don’t want to pay taxes and fees there are miles and miles of undeveloped beach find a spot and camp. And if you choose to stay at developed places please pay your fair share so that we don’t have to pay your share.

Wow, thank you so much for your original post! I had no idea regarding the common no response. Thought I was doing something wrong. What an eye opener for sure. After this trip, we will be in RP again in early October and I will take a page from your book and look here first. Hope you were successful. Thanks again.

Disneynut - could not read your pm -forum rules -I have to have 5 posts before pm available.

4 days an counting til RP whooooo hooooo!

Try Craigslist there were several on there for the Phoenix area under rental property.
Thx, someone else suggested the same. Contacted a few already. ( Anyone heard of RP rental scams on Craigslist? ) We will be in RP in 3 days and would like to possibly have a property or two to view for Octobers trip. Hopefully I'll get some responses before we leave. Thx again.

Pinky

Did you find what you were looking for? I have not heard of rental scams on CL, but I would also be safe and use a credit card or pay cash when you check-in. I would try to avoid large cash deposits that are to be paid in advance of your arrival.