Looking for decent rv park with good bathrooms

D

domromer

My wife and I are thinking of heading down to RP in a few weeks and we would be camping in our van. We used to stay at Sandy Beach but it's too noisy and covered in litter down there. I'm looking for an RV park close to the beach that has nice clean bathrooms since our van doesn't have one. Cheap would be nice since we don't need hookups. Any recommendations?

Playa De Oro on the mirador... a lot of people from this forum have their trailers and RV's there... or San Rafeal it is a little smaller park than PDO...

D

domromer

I found the website for Playa De oro, But I can't seem to find the site for San Rafeal. Does it have one? I'd like to see some pics and figure out where it is in town.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

azbeachboy

Playa De Oro on the mirador... a lot of people from this forum have their trailers and RV's there... or San Rafeal it is a little smaller park than PDO...
I stay in San Rafael and the bathrooms are large and clean.

I think the rate at San Rafael (which is next door to Playa d'Oro, is $20/night, and if you're a senior citizen (+55), it's $18/night. It's a small, quiet park(except when Chuck is there!!!), almost right on the beach :rofl:

PDO also has WiFi and is on the beach, Straight into town and go straight instead of turning right to the Malecon. At the end of the street turn left for about 5 blocks and they are on the right side. Pass PDO to see San Rafael The way things have been you will not need reservations at either one We stay in PDO and have for years. I do not know their daily rate.
Also as you go into town there are street signs directing to PDO.

Last edited:

joester

2 salty dawgs
PDO has what they call "tent" sites, close to the restrooms (which are clean), and you can have elec hookup there - which is nice for having lights, or tunes, or whatever to plug in. Regular rv spaces are "roughly" $21/nite, but I have been charged less at times, like $18. it varies, it's Mexico.....
either park would be a fine choice. go for it!