Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

Roberto

Word on the street has it that it is a political dispute. Mayor and Gov. are different parties. So I guess all phase 2 rules are questionable at this juncture.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I was trying to catch up on some of Bill Maher's shows that I've missed in the last few weeks. I watched Memorial Weekend's show last night. Two guests that I found very interesting. Thomas Friedman. Bill has had him on a lot over the years. Well known writer for the New York Times and the other guest, Dr Cate Shanahan who's expertise in nutrition and METABOLIC HEALTH. Learned a little about herd immunity and the case for that by Friedman whos reporting on Sweeden's current model. Dr Shanahan was the team nutritionist for the Los Angeles Lakers for 6 years and explained the difference between being seemingly healthy and metabolic health. Metabolic health pertains more to how your body processes what you put into it, the fuel our bodies run on. Predominantly over the last few decades we've substituted natural animal fats for seed oils. She is betting her career on the fact that if you are metabolically healthy you are NOT getting sick from this disease. She said there are 8 seed oils that are highly unstable and toxic once inside the body. They degrade the immune system. She is literally betting her career that you can NOT show her one person under 40 that contracted and has serious health issues or death as a result of Covid that was metabolically healthy. She said it is simply NOT bad luck if you are under 40 and contract this and have physical symptoms or severe symptoms... I don't know. I was certainly surprised to hear that and impressed by her expertise in this particular field. We have known for a very long time that nutrition and health are certainly the two best ways to avoid health complications over your lifetime. It's funny because when I had MRSA I was all about the HIGH ALKALINE diet. Main principle is that you need to ingest 70-80% of your diet needs to come directly from HIGH ALKALINE veggies, fruits and nuts to keep your body natural homiostasis 7.4% PH. Sugar, dairy and grains and or anything that is a carb is processed by the body and turned into blood sugar. Red meat, sugar, dairy, alcohol, coffee, carbs = ACID forming foods. This doctor is taking this a step further and saying that these seed oils are worse than all of that in addition to that.

I’ve met Bill Maher, been backstage at his show, but was never a guest. Food and nutrition gurus like Shanahan drive me nuts with their overreaching and unsupportable claims. The body does an outstanding job of maintaining the right pH.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Also heard statistic and I need to find it to be exact so please don't yell or quote me but something like 40-some % of the total deaths have been by 80yr+ individuals. So close to 50,000 deaths... getting more information is nice but it makes you think more too. Being patient for the big picture is hard. Death is rough for anyone going through this. Just wish we knew realistically how severe this is and for what population specifically... starting to shift to the middle of the conversation. There has to be some balance between being open and free and being safe and cautious. Testing, contact tracing and like Thomas Friedman says, maybe herd immunity will play out. Trying to understand both sides of the story is crucial. I can't be someone that preaches being reasonable if you can't bother to objectively try to understand both sides of the argument.

Gyms in Phoenix are open but Lake Pleasant Castle Creek boat ramp/recreation area is closed M-Th and on Friday Sat Sun the entire lake hits a mandated hard closure by 8am... That lake is pretty big. You wouldn't be able to touch someone if you tried. Not sure how much more isolated and individual can be on a ONE MAN kayak in the second biggest man made lake in the surrounding phoenix area.

I understand RP wants to keep the virus out but this went from containment to complete prevention. How do you completely prevent the introduction or re-introduction of the virus without keeping the town closed off for the foreseeable future? IE January when a vaccine comes out. What I keep asking is what is different about today vs 13 days from now? What is changing in 13 days? Nothing. It's the same exact dynamic. Asymptomatic individuals will NOT be showing a fever!!!!! LOLOL I mean, was this all for not? Tell me what has changed? The virus is still in AZ CA NM... every state that borders Sonora. The virus is still in Mexico.... We were supposed to have used this time to come up with a solution or at the very least protocols to move forward. Nothing was done and now we're re-opening to the same mess so I guess what was the point to begin with other than to not overwhelm the hospitals which I fully understand. Closing the country was good if we took action. It had a point. Until we didn't take any action, did not stem the virus, and now virtually have the same mess. This is too little too late.

America is the teacher that gave the kid an extra two weeks to do his book report and time is up and the kid still hasn't read the book...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I’ve met Bill Maher, been backstage at his show, but was never a guest. Food and nutrition gurus like Shanahan drive me nuts with their overreaching and unsupportable claims. The body does an outstanding job of maintaining the right pH.
Yea that's what my wound care doctor would tell me back then. To be honest though, I've never even heard of a doctor being concerned with what a person is putting in their body. I had two 42 day stays in between 10 or so other stays for the same wound/bacteria over the period of 13 months. The entire time sugar was a part of the hospitals diet. 3 times a day there was sugar products on the tray and I never once heard my doctor or the hospitalist ask about what I was putting in my body during that time. Mind you, if you read there is a correlation between sugar and acid. They suspect sugar and acidity are the building blocks for things like cancer and bacteria. If you're battling a super bacteria that they can't kill with strong wide spectrum antibiotics that were literally doing damage to my kidney while simultaneously feeding your body the exact thing that the bacteria needs to thrive and you don't at the very least weigh that as a theory then... I don't know, to each their own???. I can't prove it. I think there is DEFINITELY something worth following up on in regards to nutrition. I do NOT think it is a conspiracy. This is why I kept using this example over the last few months because a lot of my experience at that time is relatable. Especially in regards to ANECDOTAL evidence of something working to CURE and individual of something. I would never claim that as fact but I have my opinion of what may have helped me get over it. Now here's the other questions an individual should ask, what motive does my DR have to recommend fruits and veggies as a possible alternative to medicine that makes said individual money??? Just saying, there's motive involved in this very complex issue. MOTIVE changes BEHAVIOR so you can NOT rule that out. Just saying, never once heard a doctor ask a patient, how many grams of sugar are you putting in your body each day? But they will recommend countless medications that MAY be able to help you. One thing I will never disagree with BILL MAHER on is personal HEALTH in America is ATROCIOUS! So many unhealthy individuals. Your immune system is capable of a lot but not when it's being suppressed with poison!!! (sugar).

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The other question I have is, if metabolic health and nutrition is such a scam as is always the response I get when I mention it as a possible resolution or at the very least alternate therapy, then why are professional athletes works of art physically, and why do these organizations spend so much money and devote so much resource to this unproven science? Just asking questions. I don't have the answers but I do like correlation and relationship... they will tell you a lot about life. I think, not unlike other things in America we have to protect industry for capitalism and if you could simply mitigate health risk by eating healthy (80-20 split on fruit veggie/meat ratio) and exercising a lot of money could dry up. Just saying. It's at the very least something to take into consideration.

I agree that Americans (and Mexicans) have generally poor diets. Significantly increasing fruits and vegetables and replacing animal and hydrogenated fats with healthy plant fats such as olive oil and nuts are backed by robust nutritional studies.

On a related topic restaurants have reopened for dine in service. They were opened on Monday. Yesterday morning the police were shutting them down on orders from the state. This morning the Mayor reopened them.

RP Life

This is from todays news radio La Reyna Del Mar with the Mayor and was updated on Rocky Point 360 Facebook.

Looks pretty clear as to what they need to do to open their restaurants. All the businesses not just restaurants had to do this before reopening.

June 3rd - Phase II - Dining in or dining out? This morning, mayor Kiko Munro reaffirmed both local and State Health authorities have confirmed restaurants can move forward under the city's "Activate Peñasco" plan by allowing dine in service - only at 40% capacity and under strict health measures. Note: masks necessary in public spaces (not while eating of course), no large groups, use the disinfectant gel at the entrance, be patient and TIP your restaurant staff well (that's our two-bits...TIP TIP TIP!) Phase II curfew remains at 10 pm Peñasco is working hard to care for itself with sights set on reopening to visitors on June 16th. Gobierno de Puerto Peñasco Kiko Munro #samestormdifferentboats #consumelocal

IMPORTANT!! For ANY business (restaurant, upcoming openings, etc.) you MUST follow the steps outlined by City including 1. Letter of Commitment (available at Economic Development Office at City Hall 8 am - 3 pm) 2. Participate in course provided by Protección Civil on health guidelines (receive certificate) 3. Have establishment sanitized - this is free (if done by City / Protección Civil) or once you reach this step, you can contract a local business (who also could REALLY use the business) and then have Protección Civil verify. THESE ARE NECESSARY STEPS FOR ANY BUSINESS/RESTAURANT PLANNING TO REOPEN.

I agree that Americans (and Mexicans) have generally poor diets. Significantly increasing fruits and vegetables and replacing animal and hydrogenated fats with healthy plant fats such as olive oil and nuts are backed by robust nutritional studies.
If you look at old photos with people in them from Mexico and the US from 1900-1960 you will see most people were pretty
thin compared to today. Now many people are 10-50% over weight. Combo of bad diets, less manual labor and TV ad's showing
spots for burgers, pizzas and other horrible foods shown in commercials between 5-9PM.

There are pizzas that are better for you than what is being pushed on TV, Think of the pizzas that are being eaten in Italy
maybe 2-3oz of real cheese and veggies vs the 8-12oz of cheese crap and triple fatty meats the big corporate owned places in the USA pile on.
If it was up to me, places like McDonald's, Dominos, Taco Bell, Pepsi/Coke and many more would be out of business.

The Health/Pharma system in the USA and other places really don't want anything to change because
it's a business that's big and very profitable.

Roberto

If you look at old photos with people in them from Mexico and the US from 1900-1960 you will see most people were pretty thin compared to today.
They ate a lot of chicken !! You always see chickens in the background of the old farm photos. Home made chicken broth is a cure all too!!

Roberto

" substituted natural animal fats for seed oils."

So now beef fat or bacon, is better than say olive oil which I believe comes from a seed?? Hey shoot a list of where you get natural animal fats and from what you might get seed oil. No joking. Thanks.

Beginning at 8 tomorrow morning, Max’s is back to normal schedule. They opened on Monday. At about 9:30 that morning, right after I left, the Health Department (not the police) arrived and shut them down. With the State and City apparently now in agreement, Max’s reopened early this PM for lunch.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Beginning at 8 tomorrow morning, Max’s is back to normal schedule. They opened on Monday. At about 9:30 that morning, right after I left, the Health Department (not the police) arrived and shut them down. With the State and City apparently now in agreement, Max’s reopened early this PM for lunch.
I love their breakfast. One of those BIIIIIIIIIIIIG Sangre Maria's mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! A little cafecito... Pop a 10mg Perc and you're set till about noon...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
" substituted natural animal fats for seed oils."

So now beef fat or bacon, is better than say olive oil which I believe comes from a seed?? Hey shoot a list of where you get natural animal fats and from what you might get seed oil. No joking. Thanks.
Virgin olive oil is pre-processed. I think the substitution refers more to dairy. Yogurt, milk and a lot of salad dressing that is fat free. The theory is if you remove all the fat you have to "flavor" the product with sugar or worse, zero calorie artificial sweetner. True story, years and years ago when I was in my NO SUGAR NAZI days I was buying this protein power salad at Fresh and Easy (no longer in business) for a few days. Salad contained spinach, bacon, one hard boil egg and some nuts. Seemingly the healthiest thing you could eat that day for one of your meals right? NOOOOOOOOOO, WRONG. If you read the nutrition label on the BOTTOM of the container, 22g of sugar in the 2oz of dressing included with the salad.

WHO adult daily allotment for sugar is 25g/day. Most people are reaching their daily allotment of sugar before they leave their house in the morning!

How many people can name 5 sugar substitutes right now?

So you start drinking shit that has zero sugar and GET EVEN FATTER!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
This is from todays news radio La Reyna Del Mar with the Mayor and was updated on Rocky Point 360 Facebook.

Looks pretty clear as to what they need to do to open their restaurants. All the businesses not just restaurants had to do this before reopening.

June 3rd - Phase II - Dining in or dining out? This morning, mayor Kiko Munro reaffirmed both local and State Health authorities have confirmed restaurants can move forward under the city's "Activate Peñasco" plan by allowing dine in service - only at 40% capacity and under strict health measures. Note: masks necessary in public spaces (not while eating of course), no large groups, use the disinfectant gel at the entrance, be patient and TIP your restaurant staff well (that's our two-bits...TIP TIP TIP!) Phase II curfew remains at 10 pm Peñasco is working hard to care for itself with sights set on reopening to visitors on June 16th. Gobierno de Puerto Peñasco Kiko Munro #samestormdifferentboats #consumelocal

IMPORTANT!! For ANY business (restaurant, upcoming openings, etc.) you MUST follow the steps outlined by City including 1. Letter of Commitment (available at Economic Development Office at City Hall 8 am - 3 pm) 2. Participate in course provided by Protección Civil on health guidelines (receive certificate) 3. Have establishment sanitized - this is free (if done by City / Protección Civil) or once you reach this step, you can contract a local business (who also could REALLY use the business) and then have Protección Civil verify. THESE ARE NECESSARY STEPS FOR ANY BUSINESS/RESTAURANT PLANNING TO REOPEN.

Hey RP LIFE, thank you for your forum contributions and trying to communicate the announcements for the city. When I read about them lifting the bath and body works tunnel for the Americans I was relieved. Not having to get out of the vehicle has me more optimistic as well... I guess we'll let all the lab rats go down first for a few weeks to iron out the kinks...