Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

No shots were fired. I am aware of a few well connected people who are renting houses out that are not on the approved list. So the integrity of this process is less than complete.

I also have a reliable report that the strategy of renting a room for one night to re-enter and move to your home has been shut down.

That depends on where you're at, I'm hearing going to your Cholla house isn't a problem if it's there for the switcheroo.
Also hearing that maybe next week opening up for owners, what requirements ? at this time. I was told to be patient
because getting in could be easier next week by from someone who deals with the city regularly.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I also have a reliable report that the strategy of renting a room for one night to re-enter and move to your home has been shut down.
Pretty ironic in a country where corruption is so pervasive that you will get arrested for going to your own house. Who's snitching on you? Your neighbors? Basically drug dealing and open killings are ok but petty offenses Mexico is the KING of ball busting.

This comment was posted under the video of Kiko's ABC15 interview. I figured I would re-post here since it seems like a legit 1st person account of entering RP this week:

Buzzworm 6 hours ago
Arrived in Penasco June 17. Usual quick search of vehicle by Mexican customs at the border. Did not even ask for documents. At checkpoint outside RP, wait was about 15 minutes. Staff there was courteous and professional. We were asked by ID, copy of rental confirmation and asked to walk through decontamination tunnel. We apparently were scanned for temperature problems without even leaving the car. In town, everyone was nice and many of the folks we see on a regular basis seemed pleased we are there. Many restaurants are open but in dire need of patrons. We're trying to leave 25-30 percent tips. Beaches remain closed except for the top levels near the resorts, but you can walk short distances between resorts. Pools, Jacs all open. Masks are required but you do not have to keep it over your face inside restaurants. Sea breeze coupled with lower temps than Southwest U.S. are still pleasant this late into June.

playaperro

El Pirata
Facebook posts show plenty of sicarios aligned with the Salazar's at Puerto lobos taking trucks, don't venture out that way, pretty much all that region from caborca to Nogales. Like they say pretty much easier getting into the USA illegally than trying to get into Penasco legally.

RP Life

This was listed on La Reyna Del Mar Radio Facebook 6/20/20

Reveal 1 new case of Coronavirus Covid-19 in Puerto Peñasco; add 14 in total

The Ministry of Health in the state reported that this Friday a new case of Coronavirus Covid-19 was confirmed in Puerto Peñasco, with which 14 infected people are counted.
Enrique Clausen Iberri, Health Secretary, reported that in neighboring Sonoyta, a new case was also recorded, for a total of 32 patients and 2 deaths.

Meanwhile, the portal of the Federal Health Secretariat presents in its statistics 14 confirmed cases in Puerto Peñasco, of which 12 would be recovered, one is active and one died; in total there would be 7 male and 7 female patients; all with a history of chronic degenerative diseases. To date, there are 30 tests with negative results for Covid-19 and there is a record of 24 suspects.

playaperro

El Pirata
This was listed on La Reyna Del Mar Radio Facebook 6/20/20

Reveal 1 new case of Coronavirus Covid-19 in Puerto Peñasco; add 14 in total

The Ministry of Health in the state reported that this Friday a new case of Coronavirus Covid-19 was confirmed in Puerto Peñasco, with which 14 infected people are counted.
Enrique Clausen Iberri, Health Secretary, reported that in neighboring Sonoyta, a new case was also recorded, for a total of 32 patients and 2 deaths.

Meanwhile, the portal of the Federal Health Secretariat presents in its statistics 14 confirmed cases in Puerto Peñasco, of which 12 would be recovered, one is active and one died; in total there would be 7 male and 7 female patients; all with a history of chronic degenerative diseases. To date, there are 30 tests with negative results for Covid-19 and there is a record of 24 suspects.
Hey Life what about the Salazar's with 100 trucks in lobos this morning it's on ariete carborca Facebook or do you not put out that kind of info, you seem to know more than you copy and paste.

RP Life

Hey Life what about the Salazar's with 100 trucks in lobos this morning it's on ariete Carborca Facebook or do you not put out that kind of info, you seem to know more than you copy and paste.
I really just try to put info pertaining to Rocky Point, but I saw what you are talking about. IN MY OPINION this is cartel activity either coming with drugs or trying to take over a drug route and they got the OK from the top that they can make a move. The Northern states of Mexico that connects with the US border are what the cartels fight over.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Life what about the Salazar's with 100 trucks in lobos this morning it's on ariete carborca Facebook or do you not put out that kind of info, you seem to know more than you copy and paste.

Real interested now DOG. Can you PM me? I was just trying to convince the GF to take our kayaks down to LOBOS some time late summer, early fall. I'm not connected to any of the facebook news. What's happening down that way?! I saw a few things recently on BDN in Caborca and Y GRIEGA.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Facebook posts show plenty of sicarios aligned with the Salazar's at Puerto lobos taking trucks, don't venture out that way, pretty much all that region from caborca to Nogales. Like they say pretty much easier getting into the USA illegally than trying to get into Penasco legally.
Taking trucks? Like stealing trucks?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Just went to the FB page you referenced. Jesus christ. The block is HOT in Lobos!!!

audsley

Try this. Things just got spicier with video of bodies along the road between Caborca and Sonoyta. But I wonder why I can't pick up this story anywhere else. Some of the action evidently started late last night. You would think...

audsley

El Imparcial has it, but doesn't have a translation option. They aren't acting like it's a huge deal. Haven't been able to find any more about Lobos.

RP Life

Not sure if you all are seeing this.
Check out the Interactive Map update to locate COVID-19. Risk Zones. Remember that cases have not been officially released, but it can help prevent infections, as suspected individuals were applied fast test and are isolated.

fallecimiento - Death
recuperado - Recovered
sospechoso - Suspect
extra oficial - extra official
zona de contacto frecuente - frequent contact area
activo - Active

Covid-19 Map.jpg
www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/pe%C3%B1asco_covid-19/RrcqooJs6i

Wow, CV-19 cases in Penasco was at 14 cases two days ago, from the yellow and other spots it looks to be ramping up, perhaps doubling???
I'm hoping it doesn't, but with Mexico, AZ and other border states surging I don't see how Penasco can keep it controlled as well as they have.

Opening up to tourism will allow 2-3K plus more people to mingle with the Penasco locals which will cause new cases to increase.
I was sure hoping for the next phase to open it up more and allow homeowners back. By July 4th, we should know if opening was a mistake.
Guess I shouldn't hold my breath. :confused: But still keeping my fingers crossed.

I Know the locals need it to open, I sent some $$ via Western Union today for a local friend to help pay some of his expenses
since he chips in for 10 family members.