Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
"... the point is, that once a drug enters a large enough population there will be a number of sensitive individuals and someone will die. It doesn't mean that the drug is dangerous, it means that it's unrealistic to set a standard where if anything bad happens to anyone we have to decide that the drug is dangerous and should be banned."

Hamilton Morris

I think this is now where we're at.

Seahorse

There was a 10 day window in May that they allowed homeowners in first to check on their properties. As far as I know I am not related to Mayor Kiko, unless he has some Viking in him we could be distant cousins.

playaperro

El Pirata
There was a 10 day window in May that they allowed homeowners in first to check on their properties. As far as I know I am not related to Mayor Kiko, unless he has some Viking in him we could be distant cousins.
Go to page 12 and read how it was only for permanent residents not home owners.

Seahorse

My HOA in my neighborhood took care of everything for non permanent residents that are homeowners. They took a photo ID, CFE bill to the municipality and got the car stickers for all home owners that wanted one.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
My HOA in my neighborhood took care of everything for non permanent residents that are homeowners. They took a photo ID, CFE bill to the municipality and got the car stickers for all home owners that wanted one.
Which HOA did that? There are many people in LC, Cholla in the same boat. Non permanent residents that are homeowners can't get in.
I would love to get to my place in Cholla, so far only way to do that is put my place into a rental group
have it sanitized and pay $120 to stay there (4 nights) for sanitizing, taxes, fees to the city and rental management to process the paperwork.

Seahorse

Contact your HOA in Cholla and have them send your reservation of your address to the barricade/check point. Although it has to be sanitized first. My current communication from my HOA is all homeowners “not in the rental pool” can come down, but within 24 hrs you have to have your home sanitized and the certificate turned into the municipality. My HOA will do the sanitizing with an authorized contractor or provide the names and phone numbers of the contractors....as well as which ones speak English. Price is by size of home. Mine was $500 Peso abt $25 US. And then I turned the certificate into the HOA and they take to the municipality. So my suggestion is to call your HOA as they have all the up to date info on protocol from the city. It changes daily, if not hourly.

playaperro

El Pirata
Contact your HOA in Cholla and have them send your reservation of your address to the barricade/check point. Although it has to be sanitized first. My current communication from my HOA is all homeowners “not in the rental pool” can come down, but within 24 hrs you have to have your home sanitized and the certificate turned into the municipality. My HOA will do the sanitizing with an authorized contractor or provide the names and phone numbers of the contractors....as well as which ones speak English. Price is by size of home. Mine was $500 Peso abt $25 US. And then I turned the certificate into the HOA and they take to the municipality. So my suggestion is to call your HOA as they have all the up to date info on protocol from the city. It changes daily, if not hourly.
Mayor removed our HOA guard house so we on his shit list, wonder what the Choya HOA did to deserve to be on his shit list to. There must be at least 900 homes in Choya maybe more, miss Oscar tearing it up at JJ's.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Seahorse, Now it's time to see if this can work with the Cholla HOA. Thx

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Mayor removed our HOA guard house so we on his shit list, wonder what the Choya HOA did to deserve to be on his shit list to. There must be at least 900 homes in Choya maybe more, miss Oscar tearing it up at JJ's.
Cholla Bay has 850ish homes just over 525 belong to the HOA.
If you knew some of the Cholla HOA members then it wouldn't surprise you that the relationship with the city is anything but smooth.
Not quite tearing down the LC guard house bad though.
FYI we drove into LC the day the guard house was being dismantled without even knowing the city was doing that.
We thought, maybe building a new one, but then the posts started pouring in about it here.

playaperro

El Pirata
Cholla Bay has 850ish homes just over 525 belong to the HOA.
If you knew some of the Cholla HOA members then it wouldn't surprise you that the relationship with the city is anything but smooth.
Not quite tearing down the LC guard house bad though.
FYI we drove into LC the day the guard house was being dismantled without even knowing the city was doing that.
We thought, maybe building a new one, but then the posts started pouring in about it here.
I know a few quacks there, maybe el gringo loco fighting with his neighbor for one, small fishing village with drinking problem, Bruce good guy starts off swimming at pinto point ends up in Tucson beach.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I know a few quacks there, maybe el gringo loco fighting with his neighbor for one, small fishing village with drinking problem, Bruce good guy starts off swimming at pinto point ends up in Tucson beach.
Playa, not much has changed, it has some quacks and grouchy people, but also some nice people.
Gringo Loco he's still around and fighting with many. (he's pretty ill, the last I heard)

It's less of a fishing village now, lot's of arrogant $$ moved in and built some big homes blocking peoples views.
Cholla still has a drinking problem, JJ's has their morning, lunchtime and late afternoon regulars, a lot less these days
as drinking heavily as they do takes it's toll and usually doesn't end well.

Cholla Bay Oyster house opened 3 years ago, it's a really nice addition to Cholla and is some serious competition for JJ's,
it has A/C, pretty good, real food, has a nice vibe and just a nice place we go now when we're down
I don't know Bruce but he probably starts off from in front of my place on Pinto Pt.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Playa, not much has changed, it has some quacks and grouchy people, but also some nice people.
Gringo Loco he's still around and fighting with many. (he's pretty ill, the last I heard)

It's less of a fishing village now, lot's of arrogant $$ moved in and built some big homes blocking peoples views.
Cholla still has a drinking problem, JJ's has their morning, lunchtime and late afternoon regulars, a lot less these days

Cholla Bay Oyster house opened 3 years ago, it's a really nice addition to Cholla and is some serious competition for JJ's,
it has A/C, pretty good, real food, has a nice vibe and just a nice place we go now when we're down
I don't know Bruce but he probably starts off from in front of my place on Pinto Pt.
Cholla Bay Oyster House is really good. I haven’t been there since the lockdown started, and then by June I’m reluctant to eat oysters until Fall. I’ve got a pretty good view of the place with my binoculars from across the way.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Cholla Bay Oyster House is really good. I haven’t been there since the lockdown started, and then by June I’m reluctant to eat oysters until Fall. I’ve got a pretty good view of the place with my binoculars from across the way.
I'm pretty sure they won't re-open until the fall. They also have things not on the menu, just ask. I'm very happy they expanded
the menu and finished the upstairs sports bar and patio, great views.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

No wonder I haven't seen the bat mobile driving around playing the theme song with LED lights flashing!

The original or kids of the originals (baby boomers) are starting to get old and unfortunately you can't get a shack for under 100k like you could back in the 70's so the fishing community is shrinking. The Cholla Bay Derby is one of the last great traditions still left but it seems like yearly entry continues to go down. The pictures on the walls of JJ's will tell a story about the glory days of Cholla Bay sport fishing. Nowadays it's more of a commercial/local hooka boat ramp than anything. Although the HOA was able to kick the jipsy panganeros out a few years ago when it got really bad. With the assistance from the marines.

Talk about arrogant money. Have you seen the new place at the statue? I like they want $800 - $1000 per night!!!!! Like 10 bedrooms or something ungodly. It has a pool, fountains. Looks like Laguna Beach until the tide goes out or it's a slack tide and that part of the bay doesn't see water for 2.5 days... kind of unrealistic.

From an outside view it does seem that Cholla Bay is an AA meeting for people that couldn't quit. Lot's of booze and they're retired so what else is there to do?! Lot of leather skin down there. Too much alcohol and cigarettes. People looking about 15 years their senior.

Cholla Bay Oyster House has been a great addition. We've had at least 5 or so meals there in the last 2 years and they've all been good. Nothing I would write home about but nothing underwhelmed me and their price point is ON POINT.

Some of the locals do a outbound tide float from radio shack to Tucson on pool noodles often.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Joe, since the OH hired the new chef last year the food has been good-pretty good IMHO.
One of the big reasons I like it is because they serve 10 different beers, including Corona products, Pacifico is my Favorite in Mexico.
Since OH opened and JJ's went to Heineken products (DosXX, Tecate etc.) 10 years ago, I don't go in JJ's very often.
All the bartenders there give me crap about it when they see me. I've known Cesar since he was 20.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, since the OH hired the new chef last year the food has been good-pretty good IMHO.
One of the big reasons I like it is because they serve 10 different beers, including Corona products, Pacifico is my Favorite in Mexico.
Since OH opened and JJ's went to Heineken products (DosXX, Tecate etc.) 10 years ago, I don't go in JJ's very often.
All the bartenders there give me crap about it when they see me. I've known Cesar since he was 20.
I shouldn't have said it like that. Let me re-word. I have had absolutely zero complaints about their food. I think it is good food. I agree about their beer selection too because we like NEGRA MODELO which you can hardly find anywhere else in town. What I like the best is that two people can have a good meal and a couple of beers for like $25/30. Definitely not bar food and we prefer seafood so definitely happy this spot opened in CB.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
That's Ok Joe, If I was single I'd bring my date there. I love the vibe and music filtering through the place.
I love the view upstairs and am glad they serve other cervezas besides the Heineken swill they serve in JJ's.
Agree the food is better than bar food and affordable for decent food.

rplarry

Well Known Member
That's Ok Joe, If I was single I'd bring my date there. I love the vibe and music filtering through the place.
I love the view upstairs and am glad they serve other cervezas besides the Heineken swill they serve in JJ's.
Agree the food is better than bar food and affordable for decent food.
Speaking of beers, and sounds like you may know the answer, what is the story of Pacifico and, as Joe said, Modelo products disappearing over the years from bars and restaurants ?

I cannot stand Sol or Dos Equis or Tecate and its such a bummer when literally every establishment is tied to those products.

Are there deeper pockets from those distributors for promotional purposes versus the corona/pacifico/victoria/bud distributors ?

ben21

Well Known Member
Question regarding the spray tunnel... Are people still required to walk through it, or just the car? Would kids have to walk through it too?