Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

RP Life

Well Known Member
Found this today on facebook. I hope they open the town for us to move around soon even if its not the entry to town. They must know when they are thinking of reopening since they cancelled this in June and are allowing scheduling a band in Sept 25. Please post if you see an announcement of their plans for us to reopen.

Thank you very much for your patience regarding Circus Mexicus 2020. As promised by April 27, we've looked at several options given the cards the Co...ronavirus has dealt us, spoken with several officials in Puerto Peñasco and brainstormed dozens of ideas all in an effort to maintain the tradition we've all created together for 21 years.
At this time, it's no longer feasible to continue planning Circus Mexicus June 4-7, 2020 and are recommending everybody cancel all travel plans. As difficult as this is to announce, we're confident it's in the best interest of everybody especially the citizens of Puerto Peñasco and Northern Mexico. Full refunds for tickets purchased will be issued this week. If you'd like to learn how to support those in need in Puerto Peñasco, we encourage you to visit and learn about the amazing work our friends at www.stepsoflove.org are doing.
Having said that, we're very excited to announce Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers will be returning to Rocky Point not once, but twice in 2020! The weekends will have a similar schedule and intimate vibe as our January Jam weekends, using Banditos and other stages around town to amplify the fun. Grab your calendars and circle September 25-27, 2020 as well as November 20-22, 2020. RCPM will return for January Jam - RCPM MLK Weekend, January 15-17, 2021.
We encourage everybody to visit our friends at Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort - www.laspalomasresort.net or Bella Sirena - www.penascoluxury.com and book your condos now for these dates. Ticket information and line up will be announced soon.
In the meantime, in lieu of a stage from where to work and play, we'll continue to gratefully accept support at our Venmo account @RogerClyneandthePeacemakers as well as at [email protected] on Paypal.
Expect news soon regarding an RCPM Live Circus Mexicus Edition streaming event at www.rogerclyneandthepeacemakersLIVE.com in early June!
Can't wait that long? Details regarding a Cinco de Mayo edition Live concert with special guest appearances on May 5th at 6pm PT (Arizona) will be announced later today!
Thank you and Play On!
- Roger, PH, Nick & Jim

www.facebook.com/groups/PuertoPenasco/?fref=nf

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
RP Life..............

Might do a little research on what life was like incarcerated in a Jap concentration camp in the 1940's, especially if yer of the Caucasian persuasion.

That will be all you have to look forward to this summer, fall and maybe forever.

Checkout farcebook today about the pangueros tossing a few fish out from their first time in weeks returning to home trailed boats to the starving minions in downtown PP. Kinda like old Hey Sus Cristo miraculously making bread and fishies from nothing for the starving camel flea infested minions back in the imaginary days.

As per current state of AZ Jack Boot Commie protocol, RCPM is not allowed to perform ANYWHERE IN PUBLIC in AZ until further notice..... maybe years from now as well.

Dream on people.

Check with yer Mexie security service lately? All of your goods and toys safe and secure down in PP and Las Conchas? As per my Gringo stick-it-out landlord of my casita in Mirador says last night, the RP cops couldn't give a shit about the locals raiding anything owned by the rich roaches from El Norte.

What a bunch of Maroons!

JJ

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
In internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
Troll is similar to racist. People like to slap that label on others they don't agree with. They hope it will shut them up.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Troll is similar to racist. People like to slap that label on others they don't agree with. They hope it will shut them up.
Is this for your little buddy, or do you feel like you were being called a troll? I've never thought you were a troll. Maybe off-center if you get my drift, but hey, we all have problems. Are you asking someone to make them stop? Stop what?

RP Life

Well Known Member
This sounds promising we may reopen sooner then later....

Kiko Munro delivery first quick tests for Coronavirus Covid-19 + A first batch of 400 arrives and 2 thousand more are coming + When tested and negative, residents and visitors will be able to move to the health fence Mayor Kiko Munro reported that with the aim of declaring Puerto Peñasco municipality free of Coronavirus Covid-19, the first 400 quick tests were delivered to detect that disease. The President of Puerto Peñasco revealed that another 2 thousand more tests are on the way, which will start tentatively used this week, to reaffirm the work to keep this municipality healthy. Kiko Munro explained that the first 400 exams will be free and will apply to people of Peñasco who present some symptoms compatible with Coronavirus, to channel suspicious cases in a more timely manner to their hospital care. He added that the other 2 thousand tests, which are coming, which will have a symbolic cost, are meant to be applied in the Peñasco-Sonoyta access filter of the sanitary fence, for everyone, asymptomatic or symptomatic, who wants to enter and check so it doesn't come contaminated with the pandemic. In all cases, he exposed, the quick tests will be applied by Red Cross's first responder Covid-19 Unit, and in the case of those that will be used in the access health filter, it will be that benemerita institution that copper the cost of the test, to generate a revolving fund that will continue to acquire more of these exams. " We make the first investment and make it available to Red Cross, and they will be practicing these tests to those who wish to enter the municipality, either because they were outside the health fence even when they are residents; but also to that visit that, even, intends to come and vacation in Puerto Peñasco and do it safely, because with the test they will be able to prove that they do not have the presence of the virus ", he explained. Kiko Munro added that these quick tests will be applied in Hotels, restaurants and other tourist industry businesses, so that their employees can practice and guarantee so they are not infected. The Mayor stressed that the goal is for Puerto Peñasco to be declared a free municipality of Covid-19, and therefore these strategies are implemented, which have proven to be effective in other parts of the world. The President of Puerto Peñasco said to ignore if other municipalities in Sonora are also using quick tests of Coronavirus detection, but undoubtedly, it is something that will help reactivate in a scientific and safe way, in terms of public health the economic activity that so necessary becomes for Puerto Peñasquenses citizens. He announced that this Tuesday, in virtual meeting with Governor Claudia Pavlovich and other mayors of the entity, in which these prevention and control systems will be informed, in addition to the low statistics of Coronavirus in the municipality, it will be proposed that it will be proposed allow gradually releasing economic and school activities, to name a few, from, if possible, the first week of May. " It is not up to me this decision, but I believe we have sacrificed and made the effort, government and society, to maintain order, control, public health and therefore deserve that consideration to restore everyday life with the normal we are used to ", he stressed. Kiko Munro said that every passing day Puerto Peñasco is closer to the release of this health emergency and closer to achieving the goal of having the least possible cases and, with it, aspire that you can transit this pandemic without any death, to confirm that Peñasco stands out for working together, society and government. Oscar Castro Castro, holder of the Municipal Health Coordination, said that the arrival of quick tests for Coronavirus Covid-19 represent safety and tranquility for Puerto Peñasco. He made it clear that having these exams is certain which patients have to be attended; it can be reconfirmed that already healed cases and their contacts are free from the virus; and, in addition, the possibility of starting to let residents enter the port they couldn't do it.

www.facebook.com/groups/PuertoPenasco/?fref=nf

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Well.........

I am a racist and proud of it!

I prefer the company of Caucasians especially Caucasian WOMEN.

My four dogs are all racist WHITE wolf husky mix. You know the type, 150 pounders that howl all day long with yellow eyes that glow green in the dark. They are killers, anything that they don't eat they toss in the pool for further use. Think diving in and spotting a dead cat at the bottom, maybe a Yorkie or even a Chi-Doodle that someone tossed over the wall.

I do troll hundreds of hours every year on my nice fish killing machine equipped with twin Yammies that suck up gazillions of gallons of gazoline per hour.

I only kill Groupers, Sierras, Dorados and Coches. The rest I toss back like the trash they are.

I race my Ford Raptor anytime and anywhere I can since I am a racist and can't stop the feeling.

As for being labeled a troll, nice try since I don't even live under a bridge. I have my walled in 118 year old hacienda here in Yuma all open to the sun where me and she can spend weeks at a time never leaving the fortress for anything.

In the past this forum was always open to discussions on a wide range of subjects, like it or not. Seems now to have been completely taken over by eight or ten sour assed jerks that go on the rampage over the slightest minuscule statement that that doesn't meet their prissy little feelings.

Of course the real problem here is common sense and humor where none seems to be of any interest to anyone here.

Ban me please Stuart!

Until tomorrow,

JJ

Kenny

Well Known Member
Well.........

Well.........

How did this work out?

This guy Jim who apparently owns Willy's Jeep parts doesn't actually have the parts he advertises. I strongly suggest you not to trust what he says on the phone when you are buying, he just makes it up, he will take your credit card and immediately charge it and he'll give you a delivery date - and that's the last you will hear from. Won't return calls or emails. If you do catch this poser on the phone again, he somehow find a way to angrily make his incompetence your problem.

Also, while he hasn't shipped it to you and doesn't actually have the parts on hand, he lowers the price by over $200 on his website, let's it slip that he's found a new supplier for these parts he doesn't have but goes into a pathetic rage when you question it. Unbelievable. Will file complaints with Arizona Attorney General and BBB as well.

RP Life

Well Known Member
The mayor explained the first 400 tests will be free, and only given to people in Puerto Peñasco that present Covid-19 like symptoms, in order to channel suspected cases to medical attention as quickly as possible. In addition, the 2000 tests set to arrive shortly, costing around 1800 pesos (about $90 US) each, will be applied at the sanitary filter road block on the Peñasco-Sonoyta highway to anyone, with symptoms or asymptomatic, who wishes to enter though prove they are not positive for the virus.

The mayor pointed out in all cases the rapid tests will be administered by the first response Covid-19 Unit of the Red Cross. For tests done at the Peñasco-Sonoyta roadblock sanitary filter, the cost of the test will be collected by the Red Cross to create a revolving fund for the purchase of more test kits

After making the initial investment, the City Administration will put testing in the hands of the Red Cross so they can apply this to anyone wishing to enter the municipality, whether a resident caught outside the sanitary filter when it went into effect, or visitors who plan to safely vacation in Puerto Peñasco, with evidence by testing that they are not positive for the virus.

You can read the full article using the link.

www.rockypoint360.com/puerto-penasco-now-has-rapid-tests-for-covid-19/

Test kits ordered from China range in price from $3.00 to $7.00 per unit and are not 100% accurate (far lower from several different articles). Seems like $90.00 is really high to be allowed to enter. The money will be used to buy back more tests, but they didn't say how the profits will be used.

Last edited:

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
If I read the most recent announcement correctly, and remember that all of this could change at any moment, it looks like the lockdown will effectively end in a few days for anyone willing to pay $90 for rapid testing on the way in (or back in for those of us still in Puerto Peñasco). One of us needs to go up into Southern California for a few days and it would be great to expect to get back in. Hopefully the “rapid test” is truly rapid (some are an hour or so) or at least they will “quarantine“ you at your residence while awaiting the result, We also have some neighbors who are stuck north of the border waiting to get back down.

ron

Well Known Member
If I read the most recent announcement correctly, and remember that all of this could change at any moment, it looks like the lockdown will effectively end in a few days for anyone willing to pay $90 for rapid testing on the way in (or back in for those of us still in Puerto Peñasco). One of us needs to go up into Southern California for a few days and it would be great to expect to get back in. Hopefully the “rapid test” is truly rapid (some are an hour or so) or at least they will “quarantine“ you at your residence while awaiting the result, We also have some neighbors who are stuck north of the border waiting to get back down.
Boy, that is an expensive beer. How do you amortize $180 (for 2) across a case of tecate?