Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

MIRAMAR

Yes dirt, you miss the checkpoint. If you want to get to Encanto or town, there's a checkpoint right after you make the turn to go to Penasco going west.

Roberto

Mira
Just one entrance into town, even miners buses can't get through that east side entrance or either, I personally wouldn't attempt it, they will turn you back like everyone else.
Dog , when they moved the sanitary stop south on the Sonoita highway they inadvertently opened up an unrestricted access to town by taking the Caborca cut off east at the overpass and down to the Carborca highway and entering west of the sanitary stop/ It is wide open.

We don't have to go through that- checkpoint because we turn at the Caborca highway,so Miramar and Dorada homeowners can get to their homes. That is the only checkpoint to get to town or to LC or Encanto
Yes dirt, you miss the checkpoint. If you want to get to Encanto or town, there's a checkpoint right after you make the turn to go to Penasco going west.
MIRAMAR I hope you feel special about your announcement about Your special, secret , open untested entry to Penasco that is now public and on Facebook. It's a great joke on the rest of us. Yea. I know not your fault the city made a mistake. Why should you not take advantage and suffer at home when you can expose others. giggle giggle. Get out to the highway and welcome the untested Caborcans and others to a weekend in Penasco. I do wish you would have acted a little more responsibly. I'm tired of lockup and if there are more positive tests I'll be locked up longer. Thanks. Hope you enjoy your stay but do not infect your neighbors.check the definition of irresponsible. This is not a silly parlor game it is about peoples lives.

Three cheers for Corona Virus !!!!

Roberto

Sorry for my rant I realize you should not have to give up a few nice days at your home on the beach just for creating a potential serious risk for the lives of a few others. Probably only a few people, right? Not too many, and it is not too serious for children, only the infirm and elderly. Cull the herd the politicians say. Your president has said it's not that serious., so few nice days at the beach for you are not a big risk for others. Right. Lets be fair, a house on the beach is a big investment, why should it go to waste. The error was the governments not me. Any more virus coming to town will be their responsibility. Hate irresponsible government don't you ?

Hope you sleep well tonight, but do not take off your mask.
Beer sales are way up at the first OXXO on the Caborca highway and Josefa.

Mira

Dog , when they moved the sanitary stop south on the Sonoita highway they inadvertently opened up an unrestricted access to town by taking the Caborca cut off east at the overpass and down to the Carborca highway and entering west of the sanitary stop/ It is wide open.

MIRAMAR I hope you feel special about your announcement about Your special, secret , open untested entry to Penasco that is now public and on Facebook. It's a great joke on the rest of us. Yea. I know not your fault the city made a mistake. Why should you not take advantage and suffer at home when you can expose others. giggle giggle. Get out to the highway and welcome the untested Caborcans and others to a weekend in Penasco. I do wish you would have acted a little more responsibly. I'm tired of lockup and if there are more positive tests I'll be locked up longer. Thanks. Hope you enjoy your stay but do not infect your neighbors.check the definition of irresponsible. This is not a silly parlor game it is about peoples lives.

Three cheers for Corona Virus !!!!
Stay home like a frightened snowflake and you won't be exposed. Your fear and panic doesn't dictate how the rest of us get to live our lives. Mexico and the US have a thing called the Constitution.

Roberto, please explain how Miramar would . . . in an enclosed vehicle on the bypass road outside of Penasco, taking the Caborca highway to a turnoff at a remote beach community 25 minutes outside of Penasco, and pulling directly into a garage to enter a private beach home . . . would endanger anyone on the planet. Does Mexico or Sonora have a specific mandate that forbids any travellers en route to their homes? Apparently the border isn’t stopping anyone (?)

Stay home like a frightened snowflake and you won't be exposed. Your fear and panic doesn't dictate how the rest of us get to live our lives. Mexico and the US have a thing called the Constitution.
Pleeeeeeeasssssseeeeeeee.
Sorry not afraid, just a bit cautious, But It's real, talk to a health care worker who has seen and dealt with patients suffering from it.

Take a note from the past when smallpox was around, people going wherever they wanted spreading it and wiping out whole towns
that they visited. Why could this happen? They didn't know or care what would happen to others.

But you need to remember it will be over sooner than later.

After everything settles back down and things return to whatever the new normal will be,
only then we can go back to bickering about something new and be the great friends on RPT, we know we can be.

I don't think the people who wrote the articles of Constitution had Pandemics in mind when they brainstormed it
or the amendments that were added later.

Roberto

Well it is a little complicated and involves personal values ,so i understand you and Steve might need some more explanation. I am not going to go over all the highway connections in detail but the reveal of this unprotected bypass opens up an unprotected route from Arizona,, Sonoyta, Caborca, Hermosillo and lots of other towns. Its' a short jaunt to go around the Safety barrier on the Sonoita highway now by taking the Caborca leg east from the big overpass just before the inspection station to the Y connection on the Caborca highway just outside of Penasco . All communities west of that Y connection are now available with out inspection. That includes Puerto Penasco.now and on Facebook.

The barrier was north of the big underpass effectively cutting of that shortcut to the Caborca road and moved to the south of the big underpass after folks were going through the mesa to the Caborca road. i guess no one thought of it as a shortcut into Penasco.

It has less to do with endangering the planet but lots to do with respect for and not endangering your fellow residents and making public a route to bring the virus into Penasco from other unprotected communities. I assure you the word has gone out in these other communities and the people will come . Hopefully enforcement will snap to this and close the gap. I personally do not need a government mandate to have respect for other people. The barriers and health inspections are not a joke, they there for the protection of all the people, even you and your family. as it seems to be working given the frequency of virus. I admit I may nave snuck abound myself, I was aware of the shortcut, but I would have kept my mouth shut and covered.

I cannot recall the numbers or the total description but it was of one person, from a church group who refused precautions but went to services anyway. Because of the groups church relation they were able to trace hundreds of virus cases from the disrespect of one person.

Roberto

[
I did not expect you to no understand the concepts of responsibility and respect so I am not at all surprised by your response. Little girls are like that.

RP Life

If people keep doing as they wish then we will have an outbreak and we will not be opening sooner then later....It's common sense. We all know we will get it some day, but we all can't get it at the same time. It's not that hard to understand. If everyone follows the guidelines then we can start getting back to normal as per this article.

By José Antonio Pérez

Business leaders and the local administration held a virtual meeting on May 1st, seeking initial agreements on how to gradually reopen Puerto Peñasco. Mayor Ernesto Kiko Munro detailed the 24 members of the Puerto Peñasco Business Advisory Board, including representatives from the Convention and Visitors Bureau (OCV) and local Chamber of Commerce (CANACO), agreed on providing a pathway for alternatives to gradually restart some economic and social activities.

The mayor explained following an exchange of opinions and proposals, they agreed to maintain the sanitary health filter (roadblock), which has been in operation for three weeks, in order to provide a way for certain activities within the city itself to reopen possibly by May 10th.

“In the commercial sector, we are evaluating activities to restart based on successful cases in other countries, in adherence to recommendations and guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO). In the social realm, some outdoor exercise activities could be feasible, with due restrictions as well as constant healthy distance protocols and hygiene,” he furthered.

The idea, explained the mayor, is to begin to generate mobility within Puerto Peñasco itself and only with the people of Peñasco, that means beaches would remain closed, as well as bars and nightclubs, in addition to zero large events and other restrictions.

He clarified the return of tourism would be later, once companies within the field are accredited as “Covid-19 free”. To achieve this, tourism service providers would have to find ways to demonstrate they are negative for coronavirus to provide certainty to visitors once this health emergency is over.

“These proposed guidelines are so that Puerto Peñasco doesn’t remain 100% detained for much longer, that some activities can begin to revive in an orderly and safe manner so that, in due time, the port can gradually reopen to visitors and with it the necessary flow so local economic activity can once again be viable and, above all, provide the ability to support thousands of families,” stated the mayor.

These proposals will be submitted to the Municipal Health and Safety Board for consensus. Most importantly, clarified the mayor, these steps are subject to Puerto Peñasco maintaining a low incidence of Covid-19 coronavirus, which is why it is necessary for residents to not let their guard down and continue to stay home.

www.rockypoint360.com/local-agreements-on-possible-steps-to-gradually-reopen-puerto-penasco/

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Roberto, there's a higher probability you'll spread the virus by going to town than us sitting in our house, not interacting with anyone. I saw 2 people today and they were about a quarter of a mile away.

Last edited:

RP Life

Hubby tried to get into town to pay electric, but no go. Asked how long in Penasco area. We came down last night. Friend on the beach has been down over 2 weeks is allowed in
I have to ask how is going into town to pay electric considered staying at home quarantining why not pay your bill online

MIRAMAR

RP do you go to the store? He had a mask and was going to use the ATM and social distance. But were here not seeing anyone

RP Life

RP do you go to the store? He had a mask and was going to use the ATM and social distance. But were here not seeing anyone
I have not left Puerto Penasco since January. You stated you arrived last night so you did not follow the quarantine procedure of 12 days in your home before attempting to access the town per the guidelines that are in place.

You are also required to wear mask, gloves and glasses after quarantine....

RP Life

Yes, but you have traveled around Penasco, possibly being infected or spreading the infection.
You are definitely missing the point....I followed protocol you did not and are telling people how to get in....If I was infecting people all over then why is the first case from a man that came from Mexicali and the 2nd from Tijuana who snuck around the sanitary filter. Definitely not me...

You are wrong in what you are saying and doing so at this point just own it and let sleeping dogs lie.

I am done....so you can have the last word...

MIRAMAR

I dont see any mention about gloves and glasses, and says its closed for entry after 10 in RP 360. Hope you dont pickt raveling around Penasco -done talking with you- stay well!

[

I did not expect you to no understand the concepts of responsibility and respect so I am not at all surprised by your response. Little girls are like that.
I don't expect you to understand the concepts of fear, panic and freedom. So I am not surprised by your media driven hysteria. Snowflakes are like that.

Well it is a little complicated and involves personal values ,so i understand you and Steve might need some more explanation. . . . .
It has less to do with endangering the planet but lots to do with respect for and not endangering your fellow residents and making public a route to bring the virus into Penasco from other unprotected communities. . . . .I cannot recall the numbers or the total description but it was of one person, from a church group who refused precautions but went to services anyway. Because of the groups church relation they were able to trace hundreds of virus cases from the disrespect of one person.
I was not aware that the road block on the eastern side of town was removed, thus allowing access from the east of town. Thing is, sheltering in place is nevertheless still enforced (?) and any evil-intentioned predators from the east of town would find themselves lonely and disarmed. I personally believe that, as in the US, The People do not need to be corralled to protect themselves from themselves. They’re (by now) knowledgeable enough, wise enough, and respectful enough to abide by guidelines where law enforcement is absent. And as you point out, law enforcement will close the gap if indeed throngs of people are for some weird reason drawn to a city on lockdown.

As for the church attendee, that person attended a service that apparently had been prohibited. Those at the gathering were therefore all irresponsible – at least in the manner in which they conducted the gathering. There will always be defectors, and our exercising preventive guidelines protects the rest of us from them.

I am (as are, I’m certain, others) not seeking to override Penasco’s orders and imperil the city. Just looking to get to our homes in a way that is is currently allowed.

Roberto

I dont see any mention about gloves and glasses, and says its closed for entry after 10 in RP 360. Hope you dont pickt raveling around Penasco -done talking with you- stay well!
I agree with RP Life but You are missing the big point. You, by public revealing this access, have exposed us all to potential visitors who have the virus and have not been screened and kept out of the community. Up until then we could have some confidence due to the restricted entrance of visitors and compliance by our neighbors and very low incidence of infection, . Your behavior shows a lack of concern and respect for the rest of the community, not that YOU will bring the virus, you showed the way to others. Your visit to the beach was far more important to you than the health of the rest of the community and you wanted everyone to know about it. Typical self serving 'I am more important than you ' behavior. Disrespect for others in the community is a pandemic in the US, starting at the top.