Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

Roberto

Well Known Member
I was not aware that the road block on the eastern side of town was removed, Was not removed, relocated. thus allowing access from the east of town. Thing is, sheltering in place is nevertheless still enforced (?) and any evil-intentioned No worry about evil intentions, hedonistic desire for alcohol driven fun is the primary attractant to Penasco. predators from the east of town would find themselves lonely and disarmed. I personally believe that, as in the US, The People do not need to be corralled to protect themselves from themselves. They’re (by now) knowledgeable enough, wise enough, and respectful enough to abide by guidelines where law enforcement is absent. And as you point out, law enforcement will close the gap if indeed throngs of people are for some weird reason drawn to a city on lockdown.

As for the church attendee, that person attended a service that apparently had been prohibited. The service was no in the us and was permitted with proper group protections, under that governments guidelines. The point of this was to illustrate the damage a single person can do. Those at the gathering were therefore all irresponsible – at least in the manner in which they conducted the gathering. There will always be defectors, and our exercising preventive guidelines protects the rest of us from them.

I am (as are, I’m certain, others) not seeking to override Penasco’s orders and imperil the city. Just looking to get to our homes in a way that is is currently allowed.

Well said. It seems that following the regulations, as defined by many different agencies, has had a good result in Penasco. I for one am hoping for some relief soon. It bothers me that the efforts of those who complied to successfully prevent the spread in or community are disrespected and then bragged about in a public venue. Has nothing to do with Mirimar's sneaky visit or concern about her personally spreading the virus. It has to do with concern about the potential effects of her personally, publicly revealing a way to reduce the effectiveness of on going attempts to slow the spread of the virus. The large communities that traditionally provide the majority of the summer fun seekers to town have very high rates of infection and lack of compliance with the state wide health mandates to slow the spreading of the virus. They are not predators just the usual irresponsible beer swilling, careless ATV drivers visitors who come to enjoy the town. we just want them to wait till things are under better control.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
  • Good point. A hedonistic desire for alcohol-driven fun tends to be stifled in a temporary ghost town where bars / restaurants are closed.
  • Yes, a single person (or group) can cause damage. That is why we all take preventive measures.
  • Again – tell me if I’m wrong – the yahoos seeking venues and adult beverages would find the doors closed (?)

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
  • Good point. A hedonistic desire for alcohol-driven fun tends to be stifled in a temporary ghost town where bars / restaurants are closed.
  • Yes, a single person (or group) can cause damage. That is why we all take preventive measures.
  • Again – tell me if I’m wrong – the yahoos seeking venues and adult beverages would find the doors closed (?)
pretty much everything is closed except some (restaurants) are open for takeout....no bars though. As a matter of fact the little hardware store in my hood didn't have any lacquer thinner and I ask the girl when it would come in.."quien sabes?" "who knows?" she said, hardware is not essential so the trucks aren't coming....

Reactions: ron

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
pretty much everything is closed except some (restaurants) are open for takeout....no bars though. As a matter of fact the little hardware store in my hood didn't have any lacquer thinner and I ask the girl when it would come in.."quien sabes?" "who knows?" she said, hardware is not essential so the trucks aren't coming....
Thanks for confirming. When restaurants open up, I'll take that as a clue that visitors are welcomed into town. Meanwhile, I'm stuck up here in the US eating tacos with eyes closed, in front of a fan, with Mexican music in the background, pretending that I'm up at Casa del Capitain. . . . . :(

Last edited:

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I just got back from Sam’s. If anything, town is continuing to empty out. Fewer cars on the road than last week. Food items are well stocked. So much toilet paper that it’s on sale. We’ve not been to a restaurant since March 9.

Roberto

Well Known Member
You are still missing my point.
  • Good point. A hedonistic desire for alcohol-driven fun tends to be stifled in a temporary ghost town where bars / restaurants are closed. Well you know very little about Penasco's party drinking habits among the locals. Ask any bar owner, the bars are empty. Watch at an Oxxo as the beer is in the bed, loaded often in just a bag of ice. Look in the bed of the pickups trucks patrolling the streets. the bed is rockin and the folks are waving mostly red and silver cans. The street taco stands do a great business, and ALL of them are open, the restaurants will be EMPTY. the party is in the street. Business is poor even at the table dance. They don't come here to buy hardware or toilet paper ! ja ja ja ja
  • Yes, a single person (or group) can cause damage. That is why we all take preventive measures. Yes and take care to help protect our neighbors.
  • I thought you have been to Penasco before. You know little to nothing about Peasco's fiestas. The venue is the streets and the malecon and playa here. The doors to the many OXXOS and take out alcohol sales are full of buyers. It's the same pretty much all over Mexico. Here is't just a normal Weekend summer night. Stat at 11PM end at 5 AM.
  • No one hopes I am wrong more than I do and they stay home but you still miss the message about respect
Roberto, there's a higher probability you'll spread the virus by going to town than us sitting in our house, not interacting with anyone. I saw 2 people today and they were about a quarter of a mile away.
Good vision but irrelevant. I spread snowflakes !! Stop avoiding the issue. You opened the door to opportunity.

playaperro

El Pirata
Just read the first guy at the hospital just passed and his roommate has been located, they been on the hunt for roommate for a couple days, they worked the parking lots of the ley express and bodega. Salvadoran decent says, I frequent the ley express myself, very good products, is the back door still open cause that's how they got in from TJ, says the article on defrente.

RP Life

Well Known Member
Dead man who tested positive for Covid-19 in quick test in Puerto Peñasco

*Roommate who traveled from Tijuana to Puerto Peñasco has been located in front of Bodega Aurrera after days "disappeared"

- The sample taken and sent to the laboratory of the state of Sonora of the now deceased is still waiting for results of the analysis to confirm or discard as negative.
- The man died at the General Hospital of Puerto Peñasco, where he was admitted.
- The Municipal Health Coordinator, Dr. Oscar Castro, disclosed that the patient had complications in his health and died yesterday, May 2, at 6:50 a.m.
- The subject who is said, traveled from Tijuana to this port and managed to dodge the sanitary filter through a breach and with the help of another person, had not been able to be located, after going to the home of both people, so he was presumed to walk on the streets of the city, and if also positive to the coronavirus , may be spreading it to other people.
- The subject was finally located in front of Bodega Aurrera, and will be isolated.
- It was noted that the housing partner of the deceased, of Salvadoran origin, worked in the parking area of one or two supermarkets of the city (Express Ley and Bodega Aurrera).
- It was clarified that, while the Ministry of Health had not made this case official, the chances of the deceased man being positive were very high.
- The "traila" inhabited by both people was sanitized to prevent any risk of contagion.
- Dr. Castro made the request to appropriate authorities for the cremation of the deceased subject's body, a request denied by the agreement of the Ministry of Health prohibiting the incineration of unidentified and identified unclaimed bodies who died as a result of SARS-CoV2 virus disease (COVID-19) and suggesting measures for the recording of deaths in the context of the health emergency.
www.facebook.com/groups/PuertoPenasco/?fref=nf

1.jpg2.jpg

He was at work in the parking lot when they found him. Someone posted a video on facebook

Last edited:

girlfran

Pleeeeeeeasssssseeeeeeee.
Sorry not afraid, just a bit cautious, But It's real, talk to a health care worker who has seen and dealt with patients suffering from it.

Take a note from the past when smallpox was around, people going wherever they wanted spreading it and wiping out whole towns
that they visited. Why could this happen? They didn't know or care what would happen to others.

But you need to remember it will be over sooner than later.

After everything settles back down and things return to whatever the new normal will be,
only then we can go back to bickering about something new and be the great friends on RPT, we know we can be.

I don't think the people who wrote the articles of Constitution had Pandemics in mind when they brainstormed it
or the amendments that were added later.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Good vision but irrelevant. I spread snowflakes !! Stop avoiding the issue. You opened the door to opportunity.
I was reading along and my thumb accidentally hit the “like”.

Didn’t mean for that to happen and couldn’t figure out how to reverse it. Oh well, not a huge deal.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
So somebody in RP died? Wow! Does this happen often? I hope not. That would be a disaster if we couldn't stop people from dying.......

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Well yes – Now that you’ve expounded, I had missed your point. And although I’ve been coming to the Penasco area once a month for over 20 years, I only make occasional trips into town during the day. So yes – your description of Penasco’s party drinking habits in the streets among the locals is new to me. Either way, Roberto, I’m not looking to split hairs over this, but rather to reason that it is not about disrespect. Disrespect is an intentional thing. Inadvertently revealing a “secret” in the process of informing others of a (legal) path to their homes is at worst, well-intentioned, but lacking perspective. The intent was to be helpful. In fact, you were also helpful in explaining the dynamics of Penasco street parties. That’s what this forum used to do – educate and inform, without (as some do) verbal tomato throwing.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Well yes – Now that you’ve expounded, I had missed your point. Disrespect is an intentional So she 'accidentally' posted about the bypass???? ja ja ja ja thing. Inadvertently revealing a “secret” in the process of informing others of a (legal) path to their homes .....The town is closed by LEGAL mandate and protected by several law enforcement agencies. that information has been on news, the Forum and all over the internet. It is there to protect people's lives, not just to prevent a party. Now tell me Mirimar who is an informed frequent visitor here was un aware that the entry roads are closed and inspection is mandatory and guarded by 4 law enforcement agencies. She was fully aware her action was illegalis at worst, well-intentioned, but lacking - RESPEct - perspective. The intent was to be helpful. Well it was helpful to at least the 4 carloads of youngsters with no masks, drinking beer along the road surrounding a broken down vehicle yesterday. Right smack in the middle of Unconscious. The police were there.

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
I have 2 questions, a quick one and a more complicated one:
1) quick question: is/was there ever a checkpoint on the Caborca highway for people coming from Hermosillo/Nogales/etc? I think there would have to be because anyone coming from east of Penasco could turn onto Freemont before reaching the overpass. Regardless of the location of the main checkpoint at the overpass, you would have to lockdown the access to Freemont from the Cabroca highway, no?

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
2) complicated question: The lockdown makes sense if the goal is to make RP "safe" internally, i.e. keep residents in a bubble where they can circulate with relatively low risk within city limits. But then what happens when the lockdown is lifted? Whether its in 2 weeks or 2 months, once it is lifted, won't the town and its people be instantly exposed to the same risks they are now trying to avoid? This is the part I don't understand... The mayor wants to keep cases low so that the town can gradually "re-open" but what does that mean in reality? Won't outside visitors immediately put everyone in town back at risk? Can someone clarify this point? What am I missing?

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Geez, Roberto. You’re beating this to death. And I’m done tossing Miramar back and forth between us. I might’ve done the same based on my perspective. In fact, I’ve done similar posts in the past, when people were concerned about the flooded Caborca Road. No evil intended. I’ve explained it all above. At this point, I’m done spoon feeding. Be happy and well.

Last edited:

RP Life

Well Known Member
2) complicated question: The lockdown makes sense if the goal is to make RP "safe" internally, i.e. keep residents in a bubble where they can circulate with relatively low risk within city limits. But then what happens when the lockdown is lifted? Whether its in 2 weeks or 2 months, once it is lifted, won't the town and its people be instantly exposed to the same risks they are now trying to avoid? This is the part I don't understand... The mayor wants to keep cases low so that the town can gradually "re-open" but what does that mean in reality? Won't outside visitors immediately put everyone in town back at risk? Can someone clarify this point? What am I missing?
They are wanting to do a "slow" transmission to not overwhelm the lack of medical staff and supplies that are here. They are also trying to give time for the other close areas to recover to be able to send sick people there if needed. We only had 5 vents available here and limited supplies for the medical staff to keep them safe. If we have an outbreak then who will be able to open all the essential stores for supplies or to take care of them in the hospital if everyone is too sick. If done correctly in waves then the town will survive. If done incorrectly there will be no town to come back to.
There are people here that have recovered from what they think was the flu, but it could have been the virus. They did not need medical treatment and recovered at home.

Last edited: