Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

RP Life

This article is dated 6/11/20

Reveal 4 new cases of Coronavirus Covid-19 in Puerto Peñasco; increased 50% in three days

The Ministry of Health in the state reported that this Wednesday four new cases of Coronavirus Covid-19 were confirmed in Puerto Peñasco, including a health worker, which accounted for 12 infected people.
In this way, this municipality had a 50% increase in infections in just three days, since the most recent case, the eighth, was confirmed on June 7.
Enrique Clausen Iberri, Health Secretary, reported that in neighboring Sonoyta, a new case and one death were recorded, for a total of 19 patients and 2 deaths.
The details of those infected 9,10,11 and 12 in Puerto Peñasco regarding sex, age and other factors related to Covid-19 were not disclosed, but it was established that one of them works in the health sector
He added that Sonora exceeded 4,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19), registering 217 new infections and 22 deaths from the disease, the highest number recorded in a single day.
It listed that 55 of the 217 cases occurred in health workers, one from Puerto Peñasco; 16 from Hermosillo; 15 of Cajeme; six from Caborca; five from Guaymas; five from Nogales; four from San Luis Río Colorado; two of trenches; and one from Magdalena de Kino.
Enrique Clausen Iberri stressed that, in the face of this pandemic, everyone's support is needed, and the importance of staying home to avoid more infections and more deaths, so he invited citizens to not give up and continue the fight against Covid- 19.
He confirmed that the only way to contain the Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the state is through joint work, with the involvement of the entire society, and only in this way will it be possible to mitigate this pandemic that is growing in Sonora.
Clausen Iberri, in his message to the Sonorans, commented that the Covid-19 has generated uncertainty, fear and loss of precious lives, but Sonora can get out of this battle with simple actions that citizens can do.
“Keep your distance, wash your hands, use the face mask, antibacterial gel, stay home if you have the opportunity to do it; If you are a vulnerable group: as an older adult, diabetic, pregnant woman, hypertensive, obese or any chronic disease, stay home, if your boss makes you go to work, report it, decide to take care of yourself and take care of yours, "he reiterated.

Meanwhile, the portal of the Federal Health Secretariat continues to present in its statistics 8 confirmed cases in Puerto Peñasco, of which seven would be recovered; it also confirms the first death; in total there would be 6 male and two female patients; all with a history of chronic degenerative diseases. To date, there are 27 tests with negative results for Covid-19 and there is a record of 14 suspects.

www.facebook.com/Lareynadelmarradio/

Last edited:
Thanks, RP, for your updates. Whether the government reacts appropriately or not (disinfectant tunnels . . . . lock downs . . . ) according to varying opinions, the bottom line is that the playground is closed for awhile . . . .

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
This article was dated today 6/11/20

Reveal 4 new cases of Coronavirus Covid-19 in Puerto Peñasco; increased 50% in three days

The Ministry of Health in the state reported that this Wednesday four new cases of Coronavirus Covid-19 were confirmed in Puerto Peñasco, including a health worker, which accounted for 12 infected people.
In this way, this municipality had a 50% increase in infections in just three days, since the most recent case, the eighth, was confirmed on June 7.
Enrique Clausen Iberri, Health Secretary, reported that in neighboring Sonoyta, a new case and one death were recorded, for a total of 19 patients and 2 deaths.
The details of those infected 9,10,11 and 12 in Puerto Peñasco regarding sex, age and other factors related to Covid-19 were not disclosed, but it was established that one of them works in the health sector
He added that Sonora exceeded 4,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19), registering 217 new infections and 22 deaths from the disease, the highest number recorded in a single day.
It listed that 55 of the 217 cases occurred in health workers, one from Puerto Peñasco; 16 from Hermosillo; 15 of Cajeme; six from Caborca; five from Guaymas; five from Nogales; four from San Luis Río Colorado; two of trenches; and one from Magdalena de Kino.
Enrique Clausen Iberri stressed that, in the face of this pandemic, everyone's support is needed, and the importance of staying home to avoid more infections and more deaths, so he invited citizens to not give up and continue the fight against Covid- 19.
He confirmed that the only way to contain the Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the state is through joint work, with the involvement of the entire society, and only in this way will it be possible to mitigate this pandemic that is growing in Sonora.
Clausen Iberri, in his message to the Sonorans, commented that the Covid-19 has generated uncertainty, fear and loss of precious lives, but Sonora can get out of this battle with simple actions that citizens can do.
“Keep your distance, wash your hands, use the face mask, antibacterial gel, stay home if you have the opportunity to do it; If you are a vulnerable group: as an older adult, diabetic, pregnant woman, hypertensive, obese or any chronic disease, stay home, if your boss makes you go to work, report it, decide to take care of yourself and take care of yours, "he reiterated.

Meanwhile, the portal of the Federal Health Secretariat continues to present in its statistics 8 confirmed cases in Puerto Peñasco, of which seven would be recovered; it also confirms the first death; in total there would be 6 male and two female patients; all with a history of chronic degenerative diseases. To date, there are 27 tests with negative results for Covid-19 and there is a record of 14 suspects.

www.facebook.com/Lareynadelmarradio/

Again, risk mitigation turned into OUTRIGHT CONTAINMENT and PREVENTION of even one case. It is simply not realistic that they will continue to "keep out" the virus.

Furthermore, has anyone looked at AIR BnB lately? There's a hundred or more "private stays", does the app assure you have proper documentation? I doubt any of those listings are going to be removed because the house hasn't gone through the proper protocols...

This is so wishy washy. Obviously we knew this was going to happen. It's Mexico. Organization isn't their strong point.

The new statement doesn't address if the ocean is "open". How can you contract covid swimming in the ocean by yourself? Serious inquiry, trying to understand. So no boats, kayaks??? Not sure I could be any more "isolated" than on a ONE MAN KAYAK on the SOUTH SIDE of CHOLLA BAY!!!!

I was all for sensible measures until I saw AZ re-open and the bars in Scottsdale just conveniently "forgot" about all the measures that are supposed to be in place and people are one foot away from each other "grinding" on each other.

This is like a 400 lb person fasting for a month only to return immediately ASAP to eating icecream 12 times daily and every other thing in between.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
stay home
Russ, have you ever been critical of one thing in your entire life? We can argue semantics about who's love for RP is deeper but man, just because I love something does NOT mean I will not voice opinion when and where deemed necessary. If my wife asks me if she's fat and I look at her I do an OBJECTIVE analysis and provide answer accordingly. Getting into a future "fight" because of said answer doesn't factor into the equation. I'm a no bulllshit kind of guy. Is the glass half full or half empty??? I'd look at it and say it's 56% full. I would think someone that makes money from tourism would be a little more critical to said process knowing that people need information to make a decision on travel. If details change daily and or there is some ridiculous process you're free to be dissatisfied. You can do both. Love Penasco and also be critical when applicable.

Again, risk mitigation turned into OUTRIGHT CONTAINMENT and PREVENTION of even one case. It is simply not realistic that they will continue to "keep out" the virus.

Furthermore, has anyone looked at AIR BnB lately? There's a hundred or more "private stays", does the app assure you have proper documentation? I doubt any of those listings are going to be removed because the house hasn't gone through the proper protocols...

This is so wishy washy. Obviously we knew this was going to happen. It's Mexico. Organization isn't their strong point.

The new statement doesn't address if the ocean is "open". How can you contract covid swimming in the ocean by yourself? Serious inquiry, trying to understand. So no boats, kayaks??? Not sure I could be any more "isolated" than on a ONE MAN KAYAK on the SOUTH SIDE of CHOLLA BAY!!!!

I was all for sensible measures until I saw AZ re-open and the bars in Scottsdale just conveniently "forgot" about all the measures that are supposed to be in place and people are one foot away from each other "grinding" on each other.

This is like a 400 lb person fasting for a month only to return immediately ASAP to eating icecream 12 times daily and every other thing in between.
As of today 29852 confirmed cases 1095 deaths that's 0.0366 chance death rate, 7million folks in Az. You have a 0.00426 chance of getting the virus . Out of 7 million in Az. you have a 0.000156 chance of death

Rocky Point is reacting as if the Chinese virus cannot ever enter the city. It is coming sooner or later. These senseless and draconian measures are just delaying herd immunity. That delay will actually kill more people including the increased hunger and poverty brought upon the local Mexicans trying to live in PP.

As of today 29852 confirmed cases 1095 deaths that's 0.0366 chance death rate, 7million folks in Az. You have a 0.00426 chance of getting the virus . Out of 7 million in Az. you have a 0.000156 chance of death
Pretty slim chances right. You are probably right, But:
The bad thing about getting CV-19 is that the chance of you dying is 5-10 times higher vs the ordinary flu.

If you're over 50-60, maybe with diabetes, heart issues, a smoker or African American your chances only increase.
If you're an ICU candidate and put on a ventilator there's a 40-60% chance you will die or your heart will suffer damage
from it. (happening to close to 50% of ventilator survivors).

Below is a tally of reported CV-19 cases in AZ and Mexico, it's going to be awhile before this goes away, if a 2nd wave happens, hang on.
Curious thing is the active cases of people who still have CV-19 hasn't started going down at all in the 5 weeks of charting this. Why?

So it boils down to Getting CV-19 is bad and Shutting everything down is bad, they're both not good for us, So Pick your poison.

Attachments

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ, have you ever been critical of one thing in your entire life? We can argue semantics about who's love for RP is deeper but man, just because I love something does NOT mean I will not voice opinion when and where deemed necessary. If my wife asks me if she's fat and I look at her I do an OBJECTIVE analysis and provide answer accordingly. Getting into a future "fight" because of said answer doesn't factor into the equation. I'm a no bulllshit kind of guy. Is the glass half full or half empty??? I'd look at it and say it's 56% full. I would think someone that makes money from tourism would be a little more critical to said process knowing that people need information to make a decision on travel. If details change daily and or there is some ridiculous process you're free to be dissatisfied. You can do both. Love Penasco and also be critical when applicable.
It means nothing to argue about processes or rules that you have no control over, it is a waste of brain power. I would like to live to be a little older so I really don't see the need to get all riled up over this crap. We make our living on tourism we have not gained any dollars or pesos since the 16 of March. I don't qualify for unemployment so this definitely has a huge impact on us. So what can I change about any of it? Nada! It bothers me but at the end of the day I am OK with it until a real answer is given by authority. Everyone involved here and in the country of Mexico and for that matter the entire world is dealing with something that is new and scary. I would not want to be in the management of this little town of 65000 people regarding this emergency so I am satisfied to follow the rules as they play out without perspiring too much about it. I don't want to go through the sanitizing tunnel so I stay home, it's super easy. So that is why I stay "stay home" our little town will be back soon enough with all the fun stuff everyone likes to do. We all we will be a little bit older maybe a little bit wiser and if we show patience now we will be happier as well.

richwi

I appreciate what you’re saying but your logic is incorrect. The numbers you posted show the probability you currently HAVE or HAD the virus, not the probability of getting it.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It means nothing to argue about processes or rules that you have no control over, it is a waste of brain power. I would like to live to be a little older so I really don't see the need to get all riled up over this crap. We make our living on tourism we have not gained any dollars or pesos since the 16 of March. I don't qualify for unemployment so this definitely has a huge impact on us. So what can I change about any of it? Nada! It bothers me but at the end of the day I am OK with it until a real answer is given by authority. Everyone involved here and in the country of Mexico and for that matter the entire world is dealing with something that is new and scary. I would not want to be in the management of this little town of 65000 people regarding this emergency so I am satisfied to follow the rules as they play out without perspiring too much about it. I don't want to go through the sanitizing tunnel so I stay home, it's super easy. So that is why I stay "stay home" our little town will be back soon enough with all the fun stuff everyone likes to do. We all we will be a little bit older maybe a little bit wiser and if we show patience now we will be happier as well.
It's refreshing to hear you express yourself. This is the second real answer that I've gotten out of you recently. Thank you for your forum contribution.

Your own numbers imply that only 0.5 % of the population has been infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 disease. At this rate we are about 10 years from developing herd (not heard immunity). This points out the risks in taking epidemiological advise from the marginally literate and innumerate.
10 years might be the blanket range for ultimate immunity, but from the standpoint of general threat to the populous, it takes a couple years. For example, it took two years for 63% of Brazil’s populous to gain exposure to Zika virus which researchers deemed the right level for herd immunity. While not enough is yet known about rate of immunity that already exists for Wuhan specifically, some level of social distancing (not lock down!) might be recommended for the next year or so.

10 years might be the blanket range for ultimate immunity, but from the standpoint of general threat to the populous, it takes a couple years. For example, it took two years for 63% of Brazil’s populous to gain exposure to Zika virus which researchers deemed the right level for herd immunity. While not enough is yet known about rate of immunity that already exists for Wuhan specifically, some level of social distancing (not lock down!) might be recommended for the next year or so.
Added to the uncertainty is how long and to what degree past infection conveys ongoing immunity. Fortunately the mutation rate is still low, but we know so little about immunity.