Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

RP Life

Well Known Member
This was posted by Abigail Marquez Real Estate Agent on Rocky Point Bulletin Board Facebook (still nothing for individual Homeowners yet)

For condo owners: You will be able to come to your places previous protocols and sanitizing. The reservation (as owner time) shall be made through the HOA ONLY (if you are not on the rental pool).

For RV owners: you will be able to come presenting your reservation slip only and may be required the sanitizing at the check point.

This is brand new fresh info directly from the city hall. 10 am of 06/12/2020

www.facebook.com/groups/RockyPointBulletinBoard/?ref=group_header

playaperro

El Pirata
Word on the street is the city is charging a 2000 peso fee to sanitize your VRBO/Airbnb guest place for every time of checkin, bit much but might be feds doing, things change daily or by the minute, I did go through the sanitation tunnel and then denied entry into town. Manny's beach was given the ok to open on July 1 but how far does Manny's beach extend hopefully to the end of Las Conchas. That's just what I heard nothing set in stone.

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
Mannys beach is just becoming certified on July 1, not opening.

Mexico now has 63 beaches that have been awarded the Blue Flag distinction, an international standard operated by the Foundation for Environmental Education to certify that beaches, ships and marinas have met the organization’s stringent environmental, educational, safety and access-related criteria.

The Blue Flag is awarded by a national and international jury which announced yesterday the addition of 10 beaches to the list of 53 that had already been awarded the distinction. The decision puts Mexico in first place for the Americas in the number of Blue Flag beaches and 13th in the world.

Those added to the list, which will be allowed to fly the Blue Flag beginning July 1, include three in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, two in Zihuatanejo, Guerrero; two in Puerto Progreso, Yucatán; one in Tulum, Quintana Roo; one in Ciudad Madero, Tamaulipas; and one in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Playaperro, can you tell us why you were denied? I'm planning on going down next week with a Condo reservation
but will also go to my Cholla house for a few days to get it ready for summer shut down.
Does anybody know if this might be a problem? I heard you need a sticker on your car to drive around.
I'm not mentioning my Cholla trip to them.
I will have my Cholla CFE bill and tax receipts with just in case. Thx

playaperro

El Pirata
Mannys beach is just becoming certified on July 1, not opening.

Mexico now has 63 beaches that have been awarded the Blue Flag distinction, an international standard operated by the Foundation for Environmental Education to certify that beaches, ships and marinas have met the organization’s stringent environmental, educational, safety and access-related criteria.

The Blue Flag is awarded by a national and international jury which announced yesterday the addition of 10 beaches to the list of 53 that had already been awarded the distinction. The decision puts Mexico in first place for the Americas in the number of Blue Flag beaches and 13th in the world.

Those added to the list, which will be allowed to fly the Blue Flag beginning July 1, include three in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, two in Zihuatanejo, Guerrero; two in Puerto Progreso, Yucatán; one in Tulum, Quintana Roo; one in Ciudad Madero, Tamaulipas; and one in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I see several 'beaches' in Las Conchas. I wonder how they distinguish one from the others, given it is one continuous of unbroken sandy beach.

playaperro

El Pirata
Playaperro, can you tell us why you were denied? I'm planning on going down next week with a Condo reservation
but will also go to my Cholla house for a few days to get it ready for summer shut down.
Does anybody know if this might be a problem? I heard you need a sticker on your car to drive around.
I'm not mentioning my Cholla trip to them.
I will have my Cholla CFE bill and tax receipts with just in case. Thx
Broken we were just not rehearsed enough to get by the Marines they had an onslaught of questions, I had dual citizenship bank trust Mexican checkbook telmex CFE, even false tears, but in the end they asked if we left town without re entry paperwork and when we were last here person that I was with caved and said 5 months after we went through the sanitation tunnel, they told us unless we were going to funeral we were going back to USA. Seems things have changed for now but at the time I was told if I paid the 100 bucks for covid 19 test we were going to be allowed in if we were negative. I'm due to go down the 22 but if beaches are not open I think I will not attempt crossing. Those Marines were asses that day and scared my friend.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I would think Mexico is under reporting like many countries have. They have only reported 370K CV tested, there's 122 million people in Mexico
so the more you test, the numbers will increase but Mexico. Also Mexico and AZ are due to peak with new cases by July 1st.

Playa I'm guessing you don't have a Perm Res Card?
I know of a few people who went down before June 10th and got in. This week has been a problem for anyone.
Seems like the Perm Res card is the key along with a CFE bill to get in before they shut down owners entry on Sunday.
I'm going down next week with a resort stay receipt.
Thx for the update.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

"Only 382 of those 1,273 infected sailors volunteered to participate in the CDC study."

So basically 382 PATRIOTS and 891 assholes that didn't want to cooperate with the now polarized CDC. What I don't understand is this is the military, couldn't they have been commanded to provide sample?? This is national security were talking about. Don't these solders take an oath to defend our country? We need information like this and 1273 people would have been an effective case study.

1/5 showed no symptoms
60% developed antibody
7 serious cases requiring hospitalization
1 death

Another key note: "The carrier's antibodies results go against scientific evidence suggesting that nearly everyone who has had COVID-19 — regardless of age, sex or severity of illness — should develop antibodies."

Face masks and avoiding public spaces on the ship proved to be commonalities among sailors who did not contract.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So just remember that when Penasco RE-OPENS, 20% of infected individuals will make their way through the sanitation filter undetected.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Which makes this blockade moot. We had time and we did NOTHING with it. I blame leadership! 3 months until we kick this trash in the garbage.

Petrose

"Only 382 of those 1,273 infected sailors volunteered to participate in the CDC study."

So basically 382 PATRIOTS and 891 assholes that didn't want to cooperate with the now polarized CDC. What I don't understand is this is the military, couldn't they have been commanded to provide sample?? This is national security were talking about. Don't these solders take an oath to defend our country? We need information like this and 1273 people would have been an effective case study.

1/5 showed no symptoms
60% developed antibody
7 serious cases requiring hospitalization
1 death

Another key note: "The carrier's antibodies results go against scientific evidence suggesting that nearly everyone who has had COVID-19 — regardless of age, sex or severity of illness — should develop antibodies."

Face masks and avoiding public spaces on the ship proved to be commonalities among sailors who did not contract.
Have you served in the military? 891 assholes? Do your best to understand the meaning of volunteer, just because the militarily is an all volunteer force doesn't mean that you have no say in outside organizations requests. Your typical little bitch fest that just continues here unmoderated for our entertainment, really like your chicken dancing on the hot plate.

ben21

Well Known Member
Maybe this has already been answered... If Penasco is "opening" next week, but the border remains closed to non-essential crossing, what difference does it make? Are authorities at the border not verifying whether people are essential or not?

The current closure lasts until June 22nd, and Canada was just extended into late July. Won't the same happen with Mexico?

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Maybe this has already been answered... If Penasco is "opening" next week, but the border remains closed to non-essential crossing, what difference does it make? Are authorities at the border not verifying whether people are essential or not?

The current closure lasts until June 22nd, and Canada was just extended into late July. Won't the same happen with Mexico?
If you are a Canadian currently in Puerto Peñasco the border status is an issue. There is no problem going south and US citizens with passports have no problem going north.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Have you served in the military? 891 assholes? Do your best to understand the meaning of volunteer, just because the militarily is an all volunteer force doesn't mean that you have no say in outside organizations requests. Your typical little bitch fest that just continues here unmoderated for our entertainment, really like your chicken dancing on the hot plate.
I thought the military was ideological. Meaning you join to serve a higher purpose. You join to protect and defend the United States and it's citizens. Yes, correct, they volunteered to do a job they get paid for. We all voluntarily support ourselves. The government doesn't force any of us to work. What is your point? I understand the meaning of being a PATRIOT and apparently 382 sailors felt the same way. What I can't understand from a psychological standpoint is what motive do they have for not cooperating? Is it a 4th amendment thing???? Please help me understand Pete.

If your sole purpose is to SERVE the united states of America, why wouldn't you willingly cooperate in a CDC study? Only reason I see is because politics has polarized the country so much now even science is taboo!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
And no, I have not served Pete. I thought I was protected under the United States constitution under free speech and having the right to voice my opinion. Again, hard to believe for some but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM not a FACT FORUM. We discuss topics with opinions, some times supported by fact.