Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

playaperro

El Pirata
Let’s see how Kiko responds to this, not a fan of his, unlike some others on here that won’t stick up for owners, like they follow every thing to the rule no matter how stupid they look.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Cases are going up in every geographic area surrounding Rocky Point. It would be probable that the number of cases begin to increase there as a result. If they haven't already within the last month with the family/friends returning. Americans with perm resident cards. Because if anyone has been paying attention 20% of positive infection is still making it's way through the sanitation filter. The virus is inside the body. Hard to believe. We're not spraying for staph bacteria here. WTF does spraying the inside of the car do? The virus is a respiratory disease inside the lungs passed through the air. 20% are asymptomatic spreaders that have undoubtedly made their way through the sanitation filter. This is a numbers and statistics lesson. Number of travelers from infected areas increases so does positive test rate in RP. Direct correlation. Even with filter. 20% of infected get through and make contact with even 10 people, do the math. Powers of ten after that. Ever seen those STD trees online about how quickly those can spread through just a few sexual partners?!

EXPONENTIAL.

CHOLLA BAY 4 LIFE

playaperro

El Pirata
I guess they have to get rid of all those anti body tests Kiko bought, so they going to charge people with reservation at the place they made reservations. Every 10 car for everyone else.

RP Life

Well Known Member
Puerto Peñasco among the municipalities in red focus for Covid-19 in Sonora in the last week

* The mortality rate and cases per 100,000 inhabitants in Puerto Peñasco, Empalme, Caborca and Navojoa have increased in the last week

Due to the increase in the last week in deaths and cases of Covid-19 among inhabitants of Puerto Peñasco, this port is currently among the four municipalities in red focus for this virus, along with Empalme, Caborca and Navojoa.

Gerardo Álvarez Hernández, general director of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, announced this difficult situation yesterday afternoon.
Of the four municipalities in red focus, Empalme is where the most critical situation is experienced, since deaths and cases of covid-19 have increased by 43% in this municipality.
As for Peñasco, Caborca and Navojoa, the growth in cases and deaths has been between 38 and 24%.
Regarding the municipalities in intermediate focus, also in boxes for every 100,000 inhabitants, are Huatabampo, Hermosillo, Cajeme and Guaymas with a growth between 19 and 11%.
For its part, San Luis Río Colorado and Agua Prieta are between 8 and 6%, and Nogales is in green focus and with a growth of 0.7% in deaths and cases in the last week.
www.facebook.com/Peri%C3%B3dico-De-Frente-109703845771031/?ref=py_c

rplarry

Well Known Member
Cases are going up in every geographic area surrounding Rocky Point. It would be probable that the number of cases begin to increase there as a result. If they haven't already within the last month with the family/friends returning. Americans with perm resident cards. Because if anyone has been paying attention 20% of positive infection is still making it's way through the sanitation filter. The virus is inside the body. Hard to believe. We're not spraying for staph bacteria here. WTF does spraying the inside of the car do? The virus is a respiratory disease inside the lungs passed through the air. 20% are asymptomatic spreaders that have undoubtedly made their way through the sanitation filter. This is a numbers and statistics lesson. Number of travelers from infected areas increases so does positive test rate in RP. Direct correlation. Even with filter. 20% of infected get through and make contact with even 10 people, do the math. Powers of ten after that. Ever seen those STD trees online about how quickly those can spread through just a few sexual partners?!

EXPONENTIAL.

CHOLLA BAY 4 LIFE
Come on Joe, you know they spray inside the vehicles because they know everyone from Maricopa County habitually licks the interior roof lining of their vehicle, and suckles on the steering wheel while driving.

So the answer to your WTF question about spraying inside the vehicle is one of 2 answers,

1. "It's better to be safe, than sorry."

Or,

2. "It's Mexico."

From my experience, when logic and common sense have no chance of prevailing, you can never go wrong with #2 .

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I entered town from the direction of San Louis RC at 4:30 PM yesterday. The block is still in effect in front of Islas Del Mar. I drove over by the overpass and became third in line in a single lane passing under a tent. All vehicles were being waved through without having to stop. I don’t know if enforcement is now sporadic or has collapsed entirely.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I entered town from the direction of San Louis RC at 4:30 PM yesterday. The block is still in effect in front of Islas Del Mar. I drove over by the overpass and became third in line in a single lane passing under a tent. All vehicles were being waved through without having to stop. I don’t know if enforcement is now sporadic or has collapsed entirely.
That is good to hear, I would prefer to be sprayed as little as possible, it sounds like I'll also get sprayed entering Cholla Bay.

I'm going down early Sat and will find out what they're doing for my trip, it's still a cluster, but then Penasco
is doing what they think is right to protect themselves. (right or wrong or just a $$ grab?).

I will report my experiences.

Last edited:

RP Life

Well Known Member
FYI

Telmex office is closed due to Covid19 outbreak there. There is a door on the outside of the building and inside there is a machine to make payments. Must have the exact change of your bill in pesos to make a payment. Many people standing in line in the heat waiting to make a payment. You can pay at OXXO.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
This time of the year I'll gladly pay the 12 peso fee Oxxo charges. Even being on the beach in Aug. is still pretty miserable if
you don't enjoy the heat and humidity Penasco has now.

Roberto

Well Known Member
So of course the heat struck when my only air conditioned vehicle is in the shop. Oh also the delivery of parts is very slow.

Tec Diver

I have a silly question; I haven’t come across of anyone mentioning is the Rocky Point open for friends and family or is it still just residents and property owners? I know for a fact that Guaymas and San Carlos are open for all tourism already. Thanks in advance.

RP Life

Well Known Member
I have a silly question; I haven’t come across of anyone mentioning is the Rocky Point open for friends and family or is it still just residents and property owners? I know for a fact that Guaymas and San Carlos are open for all tourism already. Thanks in advance.
Open to everyone

What's the latest on the entry filter into Puerto Peñasco? Check the note titled "Important Info for visitors about Entry Filter" by the local Convention and Visitors Bureau at the link https://cometorockypoint.com/p…/entry-protocol-for-tourists/ Keep in mind entry is open to everyone - visitors, guests, residents, homeowners, etc. -www.facebook.com/rockypoint360/

Tec Diver

Thanks RP Life for your kind answer; however this is the part that bothers me: “It will be mandatory to show an official ID, present a reservation document for hotel, condominium, rental home, or something similar. I will not have a hotel reservation because I want to go to my brother’s property. He is the homeowner I’m not. Will they let me in without hotel reservation?

RP Life

Well Known Member
Thanks RP Life for your kind answer; however this is the part that bothers me: “It will be mandatory to show an official ID, present a reservation document for hotel, condominium, rental home, or something similar. I will not have a hotel reservation because I want to go to my brother’s property. He is the homeowner I’m not. Will they let me in without hotel reservation?
It's still confusing...but yes you can come as a family or friend, but you need to get in the line that says Municipal lane:

Guests with reservations at certified hotels, resorts, or sites not participating in the Prepaid Rapid Test Coverage will go through the Municipal Lane, with all additional vehicles entering via the filter. Random tests will also be applied in the Municipal Lane, but to an individual in every 5th car. The individual tested will be responsible for paying for the Covid-19 rapid test, at a cost of $31 USD or the equivalent in pesos.

They are only taking id and reservation info to charge that resort for the test now if the resort or hotel has agreed to pay instead of charging the visitor.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It's still confusing...but yes you can come as a family or friend, but you need to get in the line that says Municipal lane:

Guests with reservations at certified hotels, resorts, or sites not participating in the Prepaid Rapid Test Coverage will go through the Municipal Lane, with all additional vehicles entering via the filter. Random tests will also be applied in the Municipal Lane, but to an individual in every 5th car. The individual tested will be responsible for paying for the Covid-19 rapid test, at a cost of $31 USD or the equivalent in pesos.

They are only taking id and reservation info to charge that resort for the test now if the resort or hotel has agreed to pay instead of charging the visitor.
What a joke!!!!! Making tourists pay for a test that may or may not even be accurate!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLL Plus, have I mentioned that 20% of the virus is getting through the sanitation filter??? I can't remember if I mentioned that....

Please someone with a science background explain the theory of RANDOM testing for a deadly virus!! Like this is PRE EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING... which, should I also mention, there are many ways AROUND.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
What a joke!!!!! Making tourists pay for a test that may or may not even be accurate!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLL Plus, have I mentioned that 20% of the virus is getting through the sanitation filter??? I can't remember if I mentioned that....

Please someone with a science background explain the theory of RANDOM testing for a deadly virus!! Like this is PRE EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING... which, should I also mention, there are many ways AROUND.
I’ve got a science background but there is little to say about the rationale for the screening, which changes all of the time and is often not enforced in any event. Entry in PP is entirely random as is the return through Lukeville. Sometimes I get chewed out because “the border is in a category 4 lockdown” and my truck, my body and my dogs get x-rayed. Yesterday I just got waved through.