Lukeville border Crossing

JayT

From Phoenix, I'd recommend going through Yuma/San Luis and taking the toll road south of San Luis to the coastal highway 3, which will probably tack on another 2.5 hours to the usual straight shot trip through Lukeville. Getting through San Luis is pretty easy - the streets are well marked and filled with a combination of local and commercial traffic. The toll road south of San Luis is really nice, well maintained and can feel like your own private road when the traffic is light (I think the toll is 120 pesos, but don't remember exactly). Once you're off the toll road to the south and on the coastal highway, it's a beautiful and very desolate trip to Penasco with El Golfo being the only small town between. Make sure you have plenty of gas and water. You'll see sand dunes, salt flats and rocky bluffs along the ocean. The road twists in spots and you need to watch out for piles of blown sand on the road.

I've also taken the Mexico 2 along the border from San Luis to Sonoyta, but don't recommend it. It is packed with commercial trucks with no place to turn off the elevated road in many places.

Safe travels!

Old55

People have the legal right under our laws to request asylum but we need to fund hundreds and hundreds of facilities and judges at the point of apprehension to quickly weed out the 90% who dont have a case.Guess who is holding that money up? .

audsley

Time to re-think asylum and immigration in general. The world isn't the same anymore. Offering the prospect of asylum is bringing misery to more people than it helps. I've always hated the concept of the wall, but I'm ready to give in.

Yeah. . . . I somehow knew that this was really more about greeting and accommodating invitees than lawful port-of-entry funding.

Last edited:

rplarry

Closed
Always great when Gerald informs the forum on breaking news that everyone knew was coming, and had been talking about for days

thanks for letting us know the border is officially closed, when BP said it would close

I’m looking past this closure to when the border re-opens. Will we be subjected to future border closures on shorter notice. How can we trust this administration. Will we be given 24 hours next time. Could this be the new normal? What a mess.

I’m looking past this closure to when the border re-opens. Will we be subjected to future border closures on shorter notice. How can we trust this administration. Will we be given 24 hours next time. Could this be the new normal? What a mess.
It might reopen. Or it might become the permanent new gateway to a city overlaying the former Organ Pipe National Monument. (Google Glen Beck, Is This The Shady Reason . . . ) I'd wondered why they've been widening the northbound road at the gate. . . .

Last edited:

corndog

What about Algodonas? Is it walkthrough only? Is it closer than San Luis?
[/QUOTE Algodones is northwest of San Luis, leaving San Luis west on Hwy. 2, you will come also to hwy. 2 headed north to Algodones. It foliows a canal and a bunch of shacks until you are on the outskirts of town.. (its the worst road ever, it is elevated and full of pot holes).. You can drive across, there is only 1 lane and traffic is light some days and some days it's an hour or 2. and you will pop out in California.. Lots of burned adobe comes from here and lots of Algodon when in season...[/QUOTE]

Last edited: