Lukeville border Crossing

Old55

I am trying to figure this out. You adamantly state that the borders are a federal government issue (I happen to agree) then you slam Hobbs, who is a governor, after you implied states can't do anything. I agree this whole thing is a mess, but many of your posts feel like you close your eyes and throw a dart. And no, I am not new to Penasco. The first time we came was 1979, we live here full time year around and I have been a member of this group (including the initial name we used, tndr_cpl) since 2010
They are only interested in hurting Biden so figure that in when you read doom posts here.

corndog

Coming from Utah, San Luis is only maybe 50 miles longer. My main concern is border wait time. Are there times or days that are quicker to cross? We always tried to cross Lukeville mid week.
Going in has never been a problem early morning to early afternoon.., coming out today at 3:00 pm https://bwt.cbp.gov/ViewAllPorts.html?com=1&pas=1&ped=1&plist=2608 I watched the site all week, best time this week was Tuesday between 10 am and Noon, it showed 32 minutes..

Last edited:

rplarry

polite guy has some questions and Larry (sounding insane) yells at him….helpful Larry Boy,
you are like most lefty’s, you accuse others of what you are actually doing yourself.

In this case, yelling at me, calling me insane, all while you deem Robinson ‘polite’ by uttering these exact words :

“It must be a terrible existence to be fearful AND ignorant at the same time.”

Super polite I would say.

You are the always insane one. Been kicked off this board by moderators more times than one can count for your nasty and insane rhetoric. You used to go by “Jerry”, and after being temporarily suspended a half-dozen times, you were permanently banned. And what does Jerry do ? He sneaks back in by signing up using a different email address and a new username, “Old55”

Sadly, now our moderator has passed and we now do not have oversight of guys like Gerald / Old55

richwi

We had some friends just crossed at San Luis. They said it was about a 35 minute wait

Last edited:

Kea

Any advice for a motorhome towing a car to get through San Luis crossing (size-wise)? We’ll need to be in the correct lane ahead of time. We can’t backup without jackknifing the car.

What about Andrade? Wait times appear to be shorter. But I read some of the streets are narrow (but I don’t know when that article was written, so could be different now?)

Thanks

MIRAMAR

This was posted on RP Times: "Crossed San Luis during rush hour
yesterday (Friday) and line was back about 3 miles on Hwy. 95 at 4:30pm. Got across at 5:30pm and got pulled into Secondary where I spent about 5 min. talking about my dog
while he barely looked in my truck and cooler. NOTE!!! All side roads were blocked, so you need to be on Hwy. 95 or flip some u-turns as they were not letting anyone onto Main St. from the side roads. (I came in I-8 to Hwy. 195). Assuming this was just a Friday thing. Went that way since I hadn't been in awhile, but I much prefer going through town and coming down Hwy. 95. "

Old55

you are like most lefty’s, you accuse others of what you are actually doing yourself.

In this case, yelling at me, calling me insane, all while you deem Robinson ‘polite’ by uttering these exact words :

“It must be a terrible existence to be fearful AND ignorant at the same time.”

Super polite I would say.

You are the always insane one. Been kicked off this board by moderators more times than one can count for your nasty and insane rhetoric. You used to go by “Jerry”, and after being temporarily suspended a half-dozen times, you were permanently banned. And what does Jerry do ? He sneaks back in by signing up using a different email address and a new username, “Old55”

Sadly, now our moderator has passed and we now do not have oversight of guys like Gerald / Old55
Larry , I think you need a drink or two but not as many as Wisconsin fans are having after that 30 point beating Number 1 Arizona gave them today

Larry , I think you need a drink or two but not as many as Wisconsin fans are having after that 30 point beating Number 1 Arizona gave them today
But at least the players on Wisconsin are Midwest local and not imported from Europe and Mali with two to three years of European experience playing European professional basketball and going back in the summer to horn more of their skills. This is suppose to be college ball. I will give U of A credit They want that title and like Jerry Calangelo and the World Series Diamondbacks, they stacked their deck so that they will achieve it.

MIRAMAR

Disgusting the amount of trash!

My husband was in Penasco over the weekend and said the Malecon was completely dead: Flavios and BooBar closed on a Saturday night. He went to Blue Marlin and was the 3rd guest for the entire day. So sad to see what this policy is doing to our beloved community, especially during the Christmas season.

Border wait time in Nogales was 1:15 on Sunday night (Mariposa crossing).

I don't think the Administration realized the closure of a "small border crossing" would have on multiple communities: Penasco, Sonoyta, Nogales, Why, Nogales and San Luis.

Last edited:
Disgusting the amount of trash!

My husband was in Penasco over the weekend and said the Malecon was completely dead: Flavios and BooBar completely closed on a Saturday night. He went to Blue Marlin and was the 3rd guest for the entire day. So sad to see what this policy is doing to our beloved community, especially during the Christmas season.

Border wait time in Nogales was 1:15 on Sunday night (Mariposa crossing).

I don't think the Administration realized the closure of a "small border crossing" would have on multiple communities: Penasco, Sonoyta, Nogales, Why, Nogales and San Luis.
Don’t forget Why, Lukeville, Gila Bend and even Phoenix as we always stay there a couple days going in and out.

MIRAMAR

The news showed someone is feeding these masses, and it isn't Jesus feeding them with 5 loaves and 2 fish!

It looked like they were eating burritos and throwing the trash in the desert, I mean National Monument.

Old55

But at least the players on Wisconsin are Midwest local and not imported from Europe and Mali with two to three years of European experience playing European professional basketball and going back in the summer to horn more of their skills. This is suppose to be college ball. I will give U of A credit They want that title and like Jerry Calangelo and the World Series Diamondbacks, they stacked their deck so that they will achieve it.
Wisconsin is a real good team too.

Terry C

We left Play Encanto at 7:30 Tuesday morning. Arrived at the San Luis Border via Highway 2 at 10:00. , correction 10:30 ..We were in the general lane < middle lane > with passports only. 2.5 hours later we crossed into San Luis Az. I asked the gal at the stop what would happen if we would’ve took the ready lane on the right hand side, she said we would immediately be sent to secondary. With a smile as you might be there a long time….. FYI at San Luis in case you didn’t know, which we didn’t. right hand lane is the ready lane, enhanced drivers license, passport card, etc. Middle lane is passport only, left-hand lane on the left of the yellow concrete barrier is the Sentri Lane

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

We crossed yesterday afternoon around 4 and passed through the Ready Line around 5. So painful compared to Sonoyta/Lukeville, and the potholes/shoulder issues on the Coastal Highway are scary. About 8 hour trip back to Tucson vs. 4 hours. Can't wait until they reopen (if ever) the crossing.

Kea

FYI - RVs must use General lane. Turn at border is too tight to use Ready lane (on the right) and not allowed in Sentri Lane (even with credentials).

MIRAMAR

When I checked CBP website on wait times, it mentioned there's a second border crossing- San Luis II which has a ready line. We called them to see if we could use that line, since we both have passport cards, but they said it's just for commercial crossing.

I hope they look at opening it up for passenger Ready Lane traffic.

BTW, my husband had to go to Nogales (our dog had neck surgery in San Luis on Wednesday), and we needed some antibiotic spray for his wound. He said the pedestrian line is at least 2 hours long-crazy!

Last edited: