Lukeville border Crossing

playaperro

El Pirata
We left Play Encanto at 7:30 Tuesday morning. Arrived at the San Luis Border via Highway 2 at 10:00. , correction 10:30 ..We were in the general lane < middle lane > with passports only. 2.5 hours later we crossed into San Luis Az. I asked the gal at the stop what would happen if we would’ve took the ready lane on the right hand side, she said we would immediately be sent to secondary. With a smile as you might be there a long time….. FYI at San Luis in case you didn’t know, which we didn’t. right hand lane is the ready lane, enhanced drivers license, passport card, etc. Middle lane is passport only, left-hand lane on the left of the yellow concrete barrier is the Sentri Lane
I thought Az had an enhanced DL but it’s only a travel ID. Wonder how that works.

Terry C

When I checked CBP website on wait times, it mentioned there's a second border crossing- San Luis II which has a ready line. We called them to see if we could use that line, since we both have passport cards, but they said it's just for commercial crossing.

I hope they look at opening it up for passenger Ready Lane traffic.

BTW, my husband had to go to Nogales (our dog had neck surgery in San Luis on Wednesday), and we needed some antibiotic spray for his wound. He said the pedestrian line is at least 2 hours long-crazy!
We seen the same thing on the pedestrian line as we were in the middle lane. The Border agent on the other side of the fence would only let three or four people through at a time. That line moved slower than our line. I assume they were all Mexican nationals and wondered where they would be going?

On the Mexican side of the entry, they are re-doing the Inspection area and canopy also both sides of the road going
north and south are currently dirt. I am guessing that when that is all done the Lukeville entry will re-open.
Good time to do all of that since it's the slow season, but when they decided to do all this they seem to have
severely under estimated the impact on the people in the towns affected by this. Yea!! we can attach files again.:)

Attachments

Haven’t seen any videos of migrants at Lukville lately. You think words is out that no one is waiting with presents for these migrants and they have chosen a new location. Sad if this is the case it only means the closure was successful and might remain closed for longer periods of time.

corndog

Haven’t seen any videos of migrants at Lukville lately. You think words is out that no one is waiting with presents for these migrants and they have chosen a new location. Sad if this is the case it only means the closure was successful and might remain closed for longer periods of time.
I went to Lukeville Friday to retrieve mail and packages, under the drive thru, there were still 30 or 40 being processed and loaded into vans.. Miguel at the Post office said earlier the drive thru was packed.. He aslo mentioned, customs let the manager of the UETA store cross to pack all inventory and send it to Calexico..

Thanks for the update Corndog. Any chance construction on the Mexico side was a planned event and the border was closed anyways. To get ready for a project of this type you would need engineers and a tendering process equipment. It just seems that this construction is not coincidental.

corndog

Thanks for the update Corndog. Any chance construction on the Mexico side was a planned event and the border was closed anyways. To get ready for a project of this type you would need engineers and a tendering process equipment. It just seems that this construction is not coincidental.
Had to be planned, they have be working on a second lane in Sonoyta for a couple months now..

Just an idea. If funding is essentially the problem I would be willing to pay a 10-15 dollar border fee. It would save more than that in gas and so much time!

ernesto

Yes , to use the park. We are more a pass through. There has always been a feeling of animosity from the Federal employees down there. IMHO

ernesto

I just did the San Luis route last week. Not so bad on the way down, but I cannot see an easy way back after studying wait times at San Luis. They were reporting a 50 minute wait. Was actually 90. Took me 7 and a half hours, I could have gone to San Carlos in that time. No bueno.

We're observing the highly predictable bulldozing phase of the US, and Lukeville happened to have been converted to a gateway required to make it happen.

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

It's so sad to see the desert being decimated, trees burned, plants trampled. It will take years before the desert comes back.