Lukeville-Sonoyta 1931

JimMcG

Oddly enough, adjusted for inflation, the 1931, 17cents/gallon gas price at the time, is roughly the same today at $2.60/gallon.

Landshark

Good idea, I think this could work. But then again the original with the labels and US/Mexico line in the sand international border is unreal!

Valerie

Oh My! I do believe this is the place we blew through on our first trip to Rocky Point way, way back in 1965?! We stopped...waited as long as the two men in the car could stand and then went on down to Rocky Point. No problem until we came home a few days later. I might still be there if not for our Syrian friend whose family came to the US after living in Juarez for years..he spoke perfect Spanish and after paying a bit of morida he was able to convince the authorities that we were all American citizens, :)

Kenny

Oh My! I do believe this is the place we blew through on our first trip to Rocky Point way, way back in 1965?! We stopped...waited as long as the two men in the car could stand and then went on down to Rocky Point. No problem until we came home a few days later. I might still be there if not for our Syrian friend whose family came to the US after living in Juarez for years..he spoke perfect Spanish and after paying a bit of morida he was able to convince the authorities that we were all American citizens, :)
I too was thinking how much it looked the same when I was a kid in the 50's and early 60's when we crossed from Phoenix. I wish I knew where my folks crossed when they came the first time to Cholla Bay and PP from Torrance Cali in 55.