Made It to The Big Leagues

Nicolai

I'll be damned, you did it man! That so awesome!! Looking like a pro already. Great set up on the sabiki too! I feel you on the confidence of location thing, I expected the sonar to show more marks on the bottom so I was never really sure, I started kind of looking for anomalies such as a rapid change in depth and of course I'd slow my roll to look for activity on the bottom. Man I'm super stoked that the Maiden Voyage went like it should! And the speed you were able to get on that thing going back in!

I was thinking about tying a bucket for bait to the ski and using a bubbler like I do for bluegill, just keep the water fresh.

Hopefully see you down there in October! Once again good job!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I'll be damned, you did it man! That so awesome!! Looking like a pro already. Great set up on the sabiki too! I feel you on the confidence of location thing, I expected the sonar to show more marks on the bottom so I was never really sure, I started kind of looking for anomalies such as a rapid change in depth and of course I'd slow my roll to look for activity on the bottom. Man I'm super stoked that the Maiden Voyage went like it should! And the speed you were able to get on that thing going back in!

I was thinking about tying a bucket for bait to the ski and using a bubbler like I do for bluegill, just keep the water fresh.

Hopefully see you down there in October! Once again good job!
Thanks brother! I still have my 5 gallon kayak bait tank that's self contained with 12v battery and 500gph bilge pump that I could always hang over the side when not under motor but I'd like the one on the boat to work or at least see how well it works.

When we were out by that mark I posted drifting I did find a ledge that dropped off considerably, 8 to 10 feet. It was very visible on the screen so I marked it on the Humminbird for another time. I repositioned on it a few times but I'm still learning how to set up the boat for the drift. The wind was out of the SE/E so you would have thought the boat would have been pushing W/NW but the tide was incoming and the boat was actually drifting N straight towards Cholla Bay. We also didn't have much time once we got out there. Need more time on the water. Time = Experience.

If life goes our way we'll be down in October as well. I'd be down to buddy boat somewhere assuming water condition is ok for the ski.

Nicolai

Thanks brother! I still have my 5 gallon kayak bait tank that's self contained with 12v battery and 500gph bilge pump that I could always hang over the side when not under motor but I'd like the one on the boat to work or at least see how well it works.

When we were out by that mark I posted drifting I did find a ledge that dropped off considerably, 8 to 10 feet. It was very visible on the screen so I marked it on the Humminbird for another time. I repositioned on it a few times but I'm still learning how to set up the boat for the drift. The wind was out of the SE/E so you would have thought the boat would have been pushing W/NW but the tide was incoming and the boat was actually drifting N straight towards Cholla Bay. We also didn't have much time once we got out there. Need more time on the water. Time = Experience.

If life goes our way we'll be down in October as well. I'd be down to buddy boat somewhere assuming water condition is ok for the ski.
Great idea for the pump, think that would be a better option for me, keep that water recirculating and oxygenate at the same time. Just have a weight for the suction line holding it in the water.

I would think the wind against the boat would be more effective than the tide against the boat as well. Yeah I need a lot more time as well, I'm working on getting some numbers, I just need to see a legitimate spot to guage further exploration. That whole confidence thing you mentioned in another post I would say. A lot more practice reading the sonar. I always thought it would make every fish even when I change my gain but seems like the bottom dwellers don't show up as more than just "activity" on the screen.

I'd be down to chase fish around down there with good weather!

Stay safe

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Nice looking boat. How does it cutting waves?
Seas were at least 3ft at 2 or 3 seconds and it was a little wet but the ride was not bad at all. Going out the rollers were 3 or 4ft but at like 7 seconds. Harder ride because of bow slap but not wet at all. I wouldn't want to be getting wet in February. August it wasn't a problem...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
BUMP!

Finally got my hands on, The Secrets of Super Grouper!!!! Huge thanks to Gowdy at Phoenix Fishing Supply for hooking me up with it. Those guys are so awesome!

My gift to the forum.

One reef for Nicolai to get to.

Tight lines brother!

I also talked to the GOAT of Penasco, SHAWNO last night on IG and got some good information. We're looking to get out this weekend and hit a few of these legendary marks from SUPER GROUPER!!!!

Got the bait tank wired in and tested at Plez last weekend. Hopefully we have more luck this trip!!!

WISH US LUCK WE NEED IT!!!

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

#CHOLLABAY4LIFE

Nicolai

Joe! Awesome! Lucky dog I will hold these coordinates and try them out! Can't wait to hear how you do!