Major Penasco Prop. Mgmt. Co to close???

Roberto

Rumor announced today at the Las Conchas HOA meeting. Is it true??? Who might that be?? When will it occur ?? The tension is mounting :stir:

Roberto

Just in the front door from someone who says he is in the "know"....drummmroLLLL the name of the rumored company is Seaside

I have heard that they were having legal problems, something to do with employees for over a year.

I wonder if this is the same for them in San Carlos?

Last edited:

Kenny

Steve Schwab is involved with my old surfing grounds as well, Rosarito beach on the Pacific side.

R

reportjones

What happened? I don't know this guy but all I ever hear is terrible stuff about him. Did he sale the company or is it getting taken away from him?

Steve Schwab is involved with my old surfing grounds as well, Rosarito beach on the Pacific side.

Roberto

What happened? I don't know this guy but all I ever hear is terrible stuff about him. Did he sale the company or is it getting taken away from him?

I have not heard more details. It is possible that no one will ever know exactly what occured and why. I visited with a client of Seaside, they manage a rental property of his, he confirmed that an employee of seaside told him there was a problem and that a new company would probably be set up and the exisitng closed. I'd be a little worried about any rental money due the owners in the tubes when the s*** hits the fan.

I don't know Mr. Schwab and have heard lots of stories about him, but they are stories that I would try to confirm if doing business with him, which I am not. I do know that the rental business is very difficult to manage, lots and lots of problems.

R

reportjones

I have several friends who rent through Seaside and left after the continued receiving $10.00 light bulb charges. Ten bucks for a lightbulb; don't blame them from running especially when the there condos werent being rented. Who was turning on the lites?.

Looked at Steves MySpace account and he lists his income at over $250,000.00. If I was renting from him and he owed me money, I would print a copy of that page NOW and use it to collect from him in court. How can someone making over 1/4 millions a year charge such ridiculous prices and get so unpopular? Maybe he should share his money with all of the poor bast@rds who invested there life savings by buying a condo so he could rent it and make them a "fortune". Maybe this is why his employees turned on him?

The info about Rosarito is from one of his own site's. He's all over the place, including http://www.myspace.com/sschwab

Roberto

RPJ sez: "I have several friends who rent through Seaside and left after the continued receiving $10.00 light bulb charges. Ten bucks for a lightbulb; don't blame "

Whatever you think of Seaside, managing property in Mexico is a huge PITA, HUGE. There are lots of steps to the light bulb replacment example. Someone's got to inspect, someone's got to go get the proper bulb, someone's got to deliver the bulb, someone's got to remove and replace and dispose of and someone has to buy the bulbs and pay for a location to store the bulbs and check inventory for replacements. Would you do all that for $10?

Hold on, Roberto—was that a thinly-veiled 'how many ______ does it take to screw in a light bulb' joke? If it was meant to be serious, please forgive. Just seemed too perfect.

Kenny

installing light bulbs

Hold on, Roberto—was that a thinly-veiled 'how many ______ does it take to screw in a light bulb' joke? If it was meant to be serious, please forgive. Just seemed too perfect.
That was no joke. Roberto has lived down there for some time now, and that's how he picks up pocket money, installing light bulbs.:idea::idea::-D

Well, now that the internets are dead, good to know I have the light bulb-tending business to fall back on when I retire in Mexico soon. :)

Kenny

Well, now that the internets are dead, good to know I have the light bulb-tending business to fall back on when I retire in Mexico soon. :)
This might work out, the last time I talked with Roberto he was looking for a new helper.:razz:

i will test your light bulb and plumbing connections for a very small fee. make your house look like it's being lived in for FREE!

R

rob4092xx

This is funny stuff. I geuss no one feels bad about Seaside getting shut down. I just hope it is for all bad reasons. Bankruptcy, fraud, employee mutany? What happened>

:rofl:Ha, ha, ha you guys are too funny!!!