Mall

InkaRoads

cronopiador
the word out is that the workers started to steal the materials and the mall owner stop all construction after a few warnings to the workers, I guess to the desperate is better to have a GOOD dinner once than a lot of regular dinners until construction is done!!!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I noticed that there are three crosses on the roof of the mall, is it safe to assume that there has been three deaths already during construction?

Always seemed to me to be a strange place to build a shopping mall with movie theaters. I would think the location would be more appropriate to take advantage of the picturesque view of the harbor, with large-windowed restaurants, open patios, etc.

Always seemed to me to be a strange place to build a shopping mall with movie theaters. I would think the location would be more appropriate to take advantage of the picturesque view of the harbor, with large-windowed restaurants, open patios, etc.
EXACTLY! The only thing that made sense would be if it was aimed towards cruise ships that would park further off the shore then ferry tourists in on smaller boats. In that regard, it is logical to have it as close to the water as possible, then rip off said tourists with cheap, tacky, overpriced souvenirs, the kind of things that wouldn't move any units with the bargaining and competition you would find in other areas of Penasco. For locals or tourists, I guess it would make sense to put in high-end outlet clothing stores with American brands.

But the theaters? Who the hell knows. The builders must have been copying the whole mega-mall concept from the US, but seriously, who is going to see these movies? Are they going to be in English or Spanish? If mostly in Spanish, that cuts out American tourists, if mostly English, they alienate the locals and will play to empty houses. Chances are they'd be already on DVD by the time they hit Penasco anyway, and why would anyone want to waste part of their beach vacation inside a movie theater?