Mannys

playaperro

El Pirata
Many Mexican national are starting to come to penasco for their summer vacations, with hotels offering special lower rates it will be a nice summer, The mirador will be active with night life and I think Manny is going to take advantage of this.

Sounds like places need to offer drink special's to encourge people to visit non A/C bar's when a beer will get warm in 5 minutes.
Like $2.00 or less beers, at least really cheap happy hours for a few hours to spur business.
This time of the year A/C'd places like Bryan's, Capones and Boo Bar are way more attractive than
JJ's, Changos, Manny's and The Pit, if all are charging $2.75+ for a beer. I hate drinking warm beer.:hateit:
Unless it is in Puerto Vallarta on a beautiful beach, that I could tolerate.:smile:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I was with a guy today from Long Island, he said the prices on beer and drinks here was ridiculous........on the low side! He bought us beer at La Casa del Capitan for 3.50 each and explained how cheap that was for where he was...(overlooking the sea of Cortes')..the point? It's worth exactly what you will pay for it.

If you prefer a/c over sea air....more power to ya. Nothing beats an afternoon on the back deck at JJ's under the salt cedars with an Ice cold one in hand. People didn't have a/c not that long ago, they survived. Dont get soft...... enjoy life. If that is in a/c then so be it but let those of us who prefer quiet, ocean breeze and a contrast between what we are drinking versus the air around us enjoy, what we enjoy!

Cheerleader time.....I love this place....12 months out of the year, especially summer! Makes me happy, makes my wife of 31 years happy, which makes me happier! AJUA! life is good!

Terry C

A post on Facebook from a Realtor about Manny's

it is very affordable only 400,000 UD Listing MLS will be coming up in the next few days..

el Capitan is for sale for 400,000 USD

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I don't believe the price of $400k is for Manny's. I did hear it is for sale as of recent. As an investor I am concerned about its location in an area that was great pre-2k. If one was buying this joint, what can one do to drive traffic to this area of town. It seems that the town is spending money in the old port and sandy beach area for tourism. I don't know if the immediate future outlook is positive for this area outside of the national holiday periods that seem to frequent this part of town. If I was looking to buy, I would offer something similar to a lease agreement for use of the space during parts of the year (its really not worth carrying from Sept - March). Curious what others think about its location and future feasibility. If this was 1995 I would be all over it.

Terry C

dry heat, I agree on the price and your comments but here is the info on it[h=5]Maria Alemany[/h] https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=630372950308280&set=a.363690743643170.94518.100000067438338&type=1
or

Manny's Beach Club is now for sale. We just signed the exclusive listing agreement yesterday. We are very exited this is such a beautiful property. The only one of its kind in the Mirador. Manny's Beach Club comes with a lot, the land, the building, a home, an appartment, a full kitchen (restaurant), hotel rooms, licor license, Federal Zone Concession and so much more.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
they are asking $5m. I am a penasco cheerleader, but for that amount they better show at least 500k a year in net revenue (after everything has been paid). this should be the average over the last 5 years. for close to that amount you can open a restaurant/bar in old town scottsdale (or buy one of several for sale). I understand that the economy is picking up, but that is an aggressive ask.

Terry C

I can't tell what she is saying. Here is a later post. I dunno who is what or who is who or what is why!!!!!

We are asking 5,000,000 USD for the restaurant, 40 year of business, a home, apartment, hotel rooms, licor license, federal zone concession and so much more.

mis2810

If someone had the money to buy it and just sit on it for who knows how many years until that area of town makes a comeback, well then, maybe. Otherwise, no way.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I think if you had 400 people in there a night - charged 8.00 for a beer and 12.50 for a mixed drink it might be a deal otherwise no. It is like said above a land bank. It will be worth that some day way in the future but probably not as a bar. imho

Even JJ's back in the day wanted 4+ million, can't even get close to that and JJ's business is much better than Manny's from the last few times I went in.

I believe the heydays are over for the Mirador since the new entertainment hub is on the Malecon.
Since the days when Manny's, Pick Caddy, the Pit along with JJ's. were popular other night spots have opened.
Well 20 years ago they were the only places to go. (Now we also have the Guau Guau's and others that weren't there in 1995, they opened 1996).

More than a few places on the Malecon are busy along with Changos, Wrecked and Bryans also taking business from the old places.
Another problem for RP is the prices have risen pretty fast and places like San Carlos and further south have some better values for the non-weekend crowds.
There are so many other places south like San Carlos, Mazatlan and Puerto Valarta where the food and drink are much less, with the real estate costing less
With the crowds from 20+ years ago are now close to or in retirement and traveling further and spending more than a weekend is fine for them.
Off my soapbox.:happens:

GV Jack

Snorin God
I understand from my buddy Ross that everything in San Carlos is less expensive.

I also found out the condo he purchased has no A/C or Heat. No wonder it was cheaper.
Maybe the middle of October I may venture down there. :cruisin:

jerry

I understand from my buddy Ross that everything in San Carlos is less expensive.

I also found out the condo he purchased has no A/C or Heat. No wonder it was cheaper.
pretty impressed with the 2 zone mini splits at my friends new place. Home Depot in Guaymas can set your buddy up...

mis2810

Even Lucifer stays away from San Carlos in August if there's no A/C!!!!