Mar Blu

Located next to the Reef Bar on the road to Cholla Bay is Mar Blue. Went there for dinner Sunday night based on the review in the Rocky Point Times. What a wonderful dining experience. Linen table clothes and napkins, spotlessly clean and a friendly and welcoming staff. The menu is Italian featuring a nice selection of pasta home made daily, seafood and beef dishes and includes fresh baked bread and a wonderful salad with a house Italian dressing. They have a nice wine list, live music to dine by, excellent service and a wonderful outside patio on the beach. I had the crab and ricotta cheese stuffed ravioli with white sauce which was excellent. I will definetly be dining there again.....every trip down. I recommend Mar Blu!

Blaine

We ate at Mare Blue this past Friday - the 1st. The food was great as was the restaurant. I had been there when the Reef was open, and although i like the food then, i thought it was very pricey. The prices at Mare Blue are reasonable - a little more upscale than most places in Puerto Penasco. Would recommend to everyone.

AZ ROB

Flounder Picata is very good choice as well as the large app with the meats and cheeses. We make it a point to go there at least 1 time a weekend when we are down.

Roberto

Flounder Picata is very good choice as well as the large app with the meats and cheeses. We make it a point to go there at least 1 time a weekend when we are down.
Do you take the leftovers to Diva? I'm sure she would enjoy a break from all that IAMS
or is it Science Diet?

AZ ROB

Roberto Diva gets all the bones... She isn't to fond of the high dollar food she would rather knock over the trash can and eal what was left in the chili can. She is a Mexican dog

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hey Rob,
Is it better than Portofinos?

On a side note, I brought chicken McNuggets home last week one night after work. I set them on the table and went and got changed and so forth. I came out just in time to see my little Mexi-cat bring his paw out of the bag with one of them speared on his claws! LOL! He got in the bag AND managed to get the box open all in a minutes time! I offered him ranch sauce for dipping.........LOL! Them dogs and cats are tough AND smart! LOL!

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Hey Rob,
Is it better than Portofinos?
:woo:
I think it is better so far I have eaten the steak, chicken, and fish I can say I liked the Fillet the best but the sea bass was the best bass I have ever eaten. Michelle thinks the Chicken picata is better than any place in the west valley. And Diva likes all of it. I would recommend the app that has the meats and cheeses it is the bomb for 2 people.....:woo:

AZ ROB

Mine did not have the avocado cream prices run us about $100 for 4 people and that includes drinks a piece. Food prices average 12-16 per meal you could also split a meal as the protions have always been large

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
That's real reasonable for a "fancier" place. I think the filete at Portofinos was 18 bucks last spring. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

toetrx

I have not posted for several years, but check the forum every day or so. I was down this weekend and went to Mar Blu with my family. We all had something different, pasta, seafood and steaks, everything was excellent, even better than the Reef before it went to c--p!!! Adrian was our waiter, who was very good and Julio the owner was making the rounds introducing himself to everyone, making sure everything was fine. I will defiantly go back, I just hope it can make it in these hard times, it was very busy on Friday night.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
It seems as Mare Blu has open a second location at the Old Port, across the street from Posada La Roca/Pemex gas station, they call it Mare Blu Bistro, I have not tried it yet but imagine is as good as the main ristorante at The Reef location. YUMM!!

El Gato

We have eaten at Mare Blu three times and it was excellent - staff was great and place charming and clean. All of our dinners were great. Our friend, Jack, is a fan of carpaccio and he decared it the best he had had. My husband especially loves their bread. We will continue going there and taking our gringo friends when they arrive to visit. We haven't checked out the one at the Old Port, which is open for lunch. Don't know if they have a lunch menu or not.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We ate at the Mar Blu bistro a couple of days ago and all I can say is AWESOME my wife and I are from the Sedona area where there is a plethora of fine dining we have eaten in a lot of the "pricier" places but Mar Blu blew them all away. Service, food quality, wine selection and of course the price. The Chef Luca just one the Iron Chef competition last week, that says something, no?