Marinas

Twinscrewzz

I currently keep my Hatteras 45C in Ensenada and as I live in Phoenix was considering moving it to Puerto Penasco.
I would be interested in your thoughts on possible marinas. Costs and such. Also fishing in the area.
Mike

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I love those Hatteras!!! So nice! I'm no expert and not a boat owner but with the Hatteras you're doing more trolling right? Dorado, Wahoo... Those are the boats I think of in FL. Rocky Point is going to be more bottom fishing, Grouper is bread and butter. I was dreaming one night and looked up dock cost at the marina that is connected with many other marinas in Mexico and was surprised that a slip is only like $200/month. I think I remember $180/month w/ water/trash/electric. Fortuna maybe???? I can't remember. I was shocked at how cheap that is. F getting a condo... Cabin Cruiser and slip would be my way. Pry a decent jump off point for cruising the SOC.

Twinscrewzz

I love those Hatteras!!! So nice! I'm no expert and not a boat owner but with the Hatteras you're doing more trolling right? Dorado, Wahoo... Those are the boats I think of in FL. Rocky Point is going to be more bottom fishing, Grouper is bread and butter. I was dreaming one night and looked up dock cost at the marina that is connected with many other marinas in Mexico and was surprised that a slip is only like $200/month. I think I remember $180/month w/ water/trash/electric. Fortuna maybe???? I can't remember. I was shocked at how cheap that is. F getting a condo... Cabin Cruiser and slip would be my way. Pry a decent jump off point for cruising the SOC.
Slips are not that cheap anymore. $11.00 per foot in Ensenada. Beats the 18.00 per foot in LA. Can't seem to find info on Rocky point slips.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Slips are not that cheap anymore. $11.00 per foot in Ensenada. Beats the 18.00 per foot in LA. Can't seem to find info on Rocky point slips.
Fonatur! Fortuna Fonatur... Shit at least I had the correct letters...

$146/month and there may be "otro" fees. Unless I'm reading the PDF wrong. Someone correct or confirm.

And you're welcome!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
There are currently 5, 30ft slips available. Obviously your Hatteras is a 45'... Not sure if they have more or bigger. Looks like they only have one slip that is 50' and it's occupied currently. When I looked and saw these prices I was shocked. I would really like to know what the all in price is per month.

$27,000 - Retire and pay $150/month for a slip in Penasco. When you want to, move your house to another port for 4 months and repeat until you die. Seems like the real deal Holyfield to me...

Twinscrewzz

Fonatur! Fortuna Fonatur... Shit at least I had the correct letters...

$146/month and there may be "otro" fees. Unless I'm reading the PDF wrong. Someone correct or confirm.

And you're welcome!

Joe Thats $146 Peso's per foot per month. About $345.00 per month and 30 ft are only available. Also I believe the PDF is from 2017.
But Thank you.

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I could respond with some helpful factual info about my many years with Safe Marina that continue to this day.

But sorry, I've been branded as a "racist" by this forum and others only for writing the truth. In other words like all of other the PP and RP forums anything negative about the Mexican rip-offs is something they will not allow. Good luck newbies that just want a few little FACTS before they leap into the criminal cesspool of Mehico.

JJ

Twinscrewzz

Joe Thats $146 Peso's per foot per month. About $345.00 per month and 30 ft are only available.
But Thank you.
When I first looked into keeping a boat in Mexico years ago and Mexico planned circling the sea of cortez My plan was to cruise from Marina to Marina. Their prices climbed for a few years and now seem to have dropped. The plan years ago was Guaymas. May need to look into the Sea of Cortez again.
And yes Trolling is what I do in Ensenada. Yellow Tail and Bonito mostly when staying within 8 miles of shore. Now time to do the math on cost of fuel to Guaymas and Rocky point. About 1500 NM at 1.3 miles per gallon. About $4600.00 in fuel. Payback a little over a year.

Twinscrewzz

I could respond with some helpful factual info about my many years with Safe Marina that continue to this day.

But sorry, I've been branded as a "racist" by this forum and others only for writing the truth. In other words like all of other the PP and RP forums anything negative about the Mexican rip-offs is something they will not allow. Good luck newbies that just want a few little FACTS before they leap into the criminal cesspool of Mehico.

JJ
I have had my boat in Ensenada for the last couple years I have yet to be ripped off by any of the workmen and there are many from electricians to Diesel Mechanics to canvas work and General maintenance. all have done good work for far less than I could get it done in LA.
I would be happy to hear of any bad experiences you have had in Rocky point. But to paint all of Mexico as a criminal cesspool does seem a bit racist as that has not been my experience.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

JJ
That's pretty DICK. I've been banded multiple times and I never cried about it. You pussy!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

JJ
Secondly, we're not talking about Safe Marina.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe Thats $146 Peso's per foot per month. About $345.00 per month and 30 ft are only available. Also I believe the PDF is from 2017.
But Thank you.
Thank you for correcting me but again, does my reasoning change? $345/month is still cheap compared to buying a $300k pigeon coop...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I have had my boat in Ensenada for the last couple years I have yet to be ripped off by any of the workmen and there are many from electricians to Diesel Mechanics to canvas work and General maintenance. all have done good work for far less than I could get it done in LA.
I would be happy to hear of any bad experiences you have had in Rocky point. But to paint all of Mexico as a criminal cesspool does seem a bit racist as that has not been my experience.
JJ is a wealth of information if you can wade through the bullshit. I put it aside to LEARN. I compartmentalize my feelings. I don't agree with most of what JJ says but if he's talking about fishing or the sea or birds or geological features, I listen and retain that information. Then immediately switch to disregarding anything else he says about SLANTS and GOOKS.

But not listening to JJ would make you ignorant. IMO

Another reason I would NEVER censor anyone on this forum. The scroll down key and my discretion work fine. In fact, almost certainly I would be more ignorant if I had never read a word of JJ's writing here. So, yes, he's a dick but one of those dicks you need. Kind of like an ASU frat boy when you're 19 and horny...

AZRob

Well Known Member
Another reason I would NEVER censor anyone on this forum. The scroll down key and my discretion work fine. In fact, almost certainly I would be more ignorant if I had never read a word of JJ's writing here. So, yes, he's a dick but one of those dicks you need. Kind of like an ASU frat boy when you're 19 and horny...
Something sound gay about this post. o_O

Twinscrewzz

Thank you for correcting me but again, does my reasoning change? $345/month is still cheap compared to buying a $300k pigeon coop...
The reasoning does not change at all with the numbers mentioned. It makes it worth spending the money to relocate the boat from Ensenada. I was just pointing out prices quoted were in Pesos and from 2017. I have reached out to the Marina to get current pricing and availability. Looks like mostly 30 ft slips and 1 60 ft end tie. I would have no problem paying for the 60 ft end tie if the slip fee is $7.68 as listed in 2017.
And by the way in case I forgot. THANK YOU!

Twinscrewzz

Mexico Joe now that you have found potential Marinas lets get into the fishing in RP. Off Ensenada it's 2 to 8 miles off shore and trolling 5 to 7 inch Rapala's. What I'm hearing is mostly bottom fishing and jigging in RP. Please Educate me oh wise one.