Matt's big Breakfast

InkaRoads

cronopiador
does anybody in Phoenix metro knows where Matt's Big Breakfast is located? it was mention in the food channel yesterday.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Thanks perro! has a nice ring to it!! :lol:, he was featured in the food channel yesterday, however they were talking about a Pesto Pork chop dish that I do not see in the menu, have you eaten there?
I tried goggling it, must've mispelled it.

Thanks perro! has a nice ring to it!! :lol:, he was featured in the food channel yesterday, however they were talking about a Pesto Pork chop dish that I do not see in the menu, have you eaten there?
Uhm... I wonder if they deliver? :chef: or would you want to bring some carry-out next time you come down? :stir:

playaperro

El Pirata
Nope Carnal never heard of the greasy spoon, It must be good if Tyler drove by there and didn't run him over.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
the guy from "drive-in, dinners and dives" categorized it as "insanely good", specially the pesto chops dish as well as the rest of the food, and when it come a matter of food I just might take a sunday drive to learn a new killer dish!! :eek3:

playaperro

El Pirata
aileen b.
Laveen, AZ

Updated - 10/1/2009 2 photos
9/17
Ordered the Hog and Chick- "two eggs and a skillet-seared pork chop." All entrees come with toast and your choice of hash browns or homefries. I chose whole grain toast and the fantastic hash browns. Had the eggs to-go, so I concentrated on the pork chop, hash browns, and whole-grain seeded toast (perfect w/ honey, but I did try the plum jam they had that day- it's OK). Thank goodness the buttery hash browns are superb here (crispy on the outside and very creamy on the inside- everytime!), bec. the pork chop, even w/ the green-hued marinade still evident on it, had almost no flavor. It had the texture of pork chop, but other than a very slight hint of salt- the hash browns and toast w/ honey had more to offer in the taste department. I may just have to order sides of hash browns, toast, and perhaps some bacon (Nueske's, isn't it?) next time I dine in.
Was this review …?

2 Previous Reviews: Show all »

L

Leenie

Been there MANY MANY times and the food is awesome. There is nothing low cal on the menu, its all full fat!!! Their daily specials are always changing and they always seem to run out so get there early. Expect a long wait, the place is super tiny with very limited seating. Its worth the wait everytime!!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
Matts

I work pretty close - gone for breakfast and lunch after both seeing it on DDD,and also in the Phoenix magazine. last time there, had the butter burger - very good, one co-worker had the pork chop and eggs - also tasted very good. the wait time for a weekday lunch put us off a bit - not a place to go on a work-day lunch break, takes a while to get seated because it is tiny.
they don't have a freezer or a microwave in the restaurant, so it's all fresh, cooked to order, which is pretty unique. go for breakfast- the bacon is great - thick and meaty.