Mayan Palace building a new 14 story condo tower

B

beachintheblood

The Mayan Palace is building [just started] a 14 story high rise condo tower right at the end of the Miramar property in between Miramar & the Mayan. The construction is up to the 3rd floor.
I just cant see who will buy these condos. I also don't understand who will buy a condo at Mayan Island out there on the stinky estuary.

I heard that the new tower will be the "Grand Mayan"....which they have been "selling" timeshares to, but dragging their feet building. I've got a couple friends who have their timeshares bought in the Grand Mayan, and get stuck paying the maintenance fees associated with it, but wind up staying in "lower level" accommodations at the Mayan Palace when they stay at the Puerto Penasco facility.

E

El Feo

beachintheblood said:
I also don't understand who will buy a condo at Mayan Island out there on the stinky estuary.

Word is that they have stopped sales on Mayan Island and will convert use to rentals.

B

beachintheblood

Mayan Island will be a "hell-hole" from June to mid October. Limited or no ocean breeze combined with high heat, humidity and bugs = no sales or rentals.
Condo projects are failing all over the U.S., Mexico and in RP. The Mayan people must have money to burn.

Kelney

Well, I guess the days of not swinging a dead cat in the Malecon area without hitting a Mayan Palace schyster will continue for many more months to come.