Mayan timeshare pitch

apb739

Is it worth going to the Mayan timeshare pitch. We have avoided the pitch during our past trips. We were thinking about checking it out for the pirate ship dinner tickets. :usa:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Why not just buy the pirate ship tickets and save yourself the sales pitch? Seriously. Why would you want to waste time listening to a pitch for something you're not going to buy anyway? I got sucked into a timeshare sales pitch in Cabo years ago (very pretty girl, pleading and begging me to attend, and I was a sucker for it). I'd NEVER do it again!

On the other hand, we went down to the Mayan on our own one day to check it out. Had lunch and some drinks on the beach, looked around. Nobody tried to sell us anything and that was fine by me.

I haven't seen the pirate ship out the last couple weekends I was down; I think business was just too slow.

Last edited:
E

El Feo

I would not subject myself to that misery, unless I was seriously considering a purchase. I spoke with a guy a couple of weeks ago that told me he had to threaten throwing chairs around before they would let him leave. High pressure sales.

playaperro

El Pirata
Timeshare

If you take them up on the timeshare pitch and don't buy, you will need that gun. Just buy the tickets