Memorial Day Roll call

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I am finally able to come back down! I haven't been down in 4 months!!!!!!! We will be there for 6 days starting the Thursday before Memorial Day. Who else will be down?

I will be down and hope to go on the bird island trip. Just got to get my work down there done first. I can't wait just to go on vacation in Rocky Point.

Rick
Cholla Bay

cholla

We are coming down Sat. the 28th for a week. My wife and I want to go on the Bird Island trip. Where do I sign up?

John

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Go to the Charitable Activities section of the forum, click on Memorial Day boat trip thread, scroll to the last reply and the link is there.

playaperro

El Pirata
Dogs need help along with Vets

City Needs our Help with Spay/Neuter Clinic

Hi Everyone,
The city is doing a spay neuter clinic on Friday and Saturday May 27 and 28. This will be held at the Shrimp Park on the corner of Juarez and Fremont. There will be 3 American vets donating their help plus all our local vets.

We can use volunteers to help with transportation, plus we need some monetary donations to buy the meds that are needed. We are short $500.00. Checks can be made out to Dr. Socorro who is head of the Health Department.

If you are coming for the weekend how about bringing some Muffins from Costco or donating some food/carryout's for all the volunteers.

Concert Memorial Day Weekend with Mark Mulligan
Mark Mulligan (tropical/rock music) will be giving two concerts on Friday and Saturday nights on Memorial Day weekend at the Princesa. The time is 6:30, tickets are $15 and they will have food for $5 to $9 also available (and drinks for sure). Mark is an excellent singer/songwriter with many published CD's. The concerts will be wonderful! Alot of his music is about living on the Sea of Cortez.
His website is http://markmulligan.net<http/markmulligan.net/ and info on the concerts is at http://www.seasidemexico.com/markmulliganconcert to make reservations.

Jeeper,coming down on the 28th for my moms 80th b-day,staying in Los Conchas. Hope we can meet up with you guys in your home town and show me around. I need to find a good place to buy a bunch of flounder and some shrimp Thanks Leigh

AZ ROB

I was hoping to make it down but now it looks as if I have plans for Friday night that I wasn't planing on... Mark Mulligan is great There will be an anouncement soon that deals with Mark..

We will be going down Friday morning (27th) and coming back on Sunday (5th). Not sure about the boat trip yet, but we will be beach front at PDO!!!!!

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
DJ aka mr.phx will be down in P E with several friends and with his lovely wife Av as well...!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Jeeper,coming down on the 28th for my moms 80th b-day,staying in Los Conchas. Hope we can meet up with you guys in your home town and show me around. I need to find a good place to buy a bunch of flounder and some shrimp Thanks Leigh
Well, you can go to your favorite vendor at the fish market or you can go to Pescaderia Capulinas, where you will find a very nice variety of fish, corvina, flounder, sea bass, etc as well as shrimp, queen clams, clams, crabs, etc of course some are seasonal but their variety is always good and fresh, they are located at Vicente Guerrero and Calle 12, the easiest way to get there is go to fremont and at Sinaloa, where Banorte and Pemex are turn north, towards the city, 2 blocks past the railroad tracks is Rocky Point Chinese restaurant, take a left, that is Calle 12 and go east about 3 blocks you can not miss it it is right in the south east corner very marked, benito uis the younger guy that usually will help you, he is good as well as anybody there, Guillermo and his wife own the pescaderia, she is good at giving nice discounts!! you can call them at 638-383-6705 before hand to check what they have available, unfortunatelly I do not know if they speak english.

We will too. What time are you guys leaving? We r planning on leave PHX around 1 on Friday. We want to find somebody to go caravan with. Please let us know. Thanks!