Mexico president seeks to dissolve local police forces

You beat me to it. I just read it at the same site and was going to post and ask what people think. What do you think? Will it work?

jerry

He is a neoliberal, which is pretty much a fascist.Controlling the local police under his grip is a slippery slope.

Roberto

This has been discussed for several years it is not something new. The key is actual local control by the residents, not the political party of the moment. I like what has happened in some of the indigenous areas down south. Self policing with courts under their control also and it appears it works well. Law breakers are not sentenced to prison rather they go into a community program and work in the communities to the benefit of all. Ill find a link.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
This has been discussed for several years it is not something new. The key is actual local control by the residents, not the political party of the moment. I like what has happened in some of the indigenous areas down south. Self policing with courts under their control also and it appears it works well. Law breakers are not sentenced to prison rather they go into a community program and work in the communities to the benefit of all. Ill find a link.

Pretty sure Vice News did a story on that.

jerry

Defrente reports Half of Penascos cops are off the streets.....you guys noticing a change..they also say the flies are bad...

Roberto

Below from Borderland Beat: http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

That places in to great question: Can states and be forced to adapt what Peña proposes.
I asked my friend, who happens to be an attorney, and whose opinion I value immensely, if Peña can impose his municipal plan.
He answered; that Peña can’t force a group of jurisdictions to adopt a single police force. To do so would require extensive constitutional amendment.
Further stating, “EPN has to change not just the self-government provisions, but also the federal funds distribution provisions, since he needs to use federal funds as the carrot and stick.”

“EPN could avoid all these largely symbolic measures by simply using the laws currently in place to prosecute corrupt government officials. But that would mean that the elite would have to go after its own members.”

Seems like another shot from the hip with an unworkable solution that he can say he proposed while waiting for the forestorm to die out.

Roberto

Defrente reports Half of Penascos cops are off the streets.....you guys noticing a change..they also say the flies are bad...
I have not noticed anything. Are yu suggesting there is some relationship between the flies and the police ??

Very little presence only saw them a couple of days in Cholla. Flies not bad. Heard cops everywhere in Sonita stopping a lot for speeding today.

Roberto

Lots of helicopter activity today. People say it means they are looking for someone trying to make them run.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Very little presence only saw them a couple of days in Cholla. Flies not bad. Heard cops everywhere in Sonita stopping a lot for speeding today.

Got stopped in Sonoyta last weekend right after I was thinking to myself, "how do these people get pulled over here? I've never...". Pulled up to the last donation stop before leaving Sonoyta. Stop, donated some coins, go to pull away and the cop that was sitting there pulls me over immediately, I mean I dont even think I had fully let off the brake. I was LIVID!!! Guy comes up to the truck and says something about 40kph and pointed back down the road. I immediately blew a gasket and started saying pretty firmly that I already know 40kph, was not going faster than that, pointing at my speedometer in the truck that clearly has KPH markings. Started saying, "internet? You know you're on the internet? We know about this...". Guy said, thank you have a good day! LMFAO If you're going to try and rob someone I mean jesus you are going to have to at least try. This was an absolute laugher! Please do not give in to these assholes, it only encourages the behavior.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, let's see, if we look at it from a different point of view, I will try to explain this with the least amount of wording as to make it easy for everybody to understand:

I RATHER PAY A MORDIDA IN MEXICO THAN GET KILL FOR CIGARETTES IN USA!!!!!

In 25 years I have never paid the mordida and the one time that they tried I went to the police station and my fine was only $8 dollars and 5 minutes of my time and I am still ALIVE!!!!!

jerry

Since PRIs crew took over the corruption has gotten far worse.That goes for the crooked ass PAN at the state lev too.Everyone has their hand out...it is spiraling down and fast. You used to be able to wait them out and avoid paying a bribe but now you pay....All the excuses for this behavior just hurts average Mexican working people.Some of our Puerto Penasco full timers make a habit of excusing this stepped up crime by law as a " mexican thing"...This is just another form of rascism ...