Mickey Place & Mare Blu

Both new, both excellent. Mickey Place is on Fremont Blvd. in Plaza del Sol, first level, way at the back of the courtyard. I had Steak Diane and my guest had the salmon. Both were excellent. Mickey was an attentive host. They serve wine and beer. The music playing in the background was pleasant. I don't like background music that makes conversation difficult.

Mare Blu is at the Reef. New owner Julio Valenzuela could not be more gracious and welcoming. The word must have gotten out about the wonderful food, because the place is busy. Normally a new restaurant needs to work out the kinks, but there are apparently no kinks at Mare Blu. Will be dining there again tomorrow and every chance I get thereafter.

How are the prices at Mare Blu? I ate at the "old" Reef Restaurant some time ago, and although the food was excellent as was the service, the price was "Scottsdale".....

How are the prices at Mare Blu? I ate at the "old" Reef Restaurant some time ago, and although the food was excellent as was the service, the price was "Scottsdale".....
Antipasto with great bread, delicious Fettuccini Alfredo with Shrimp, two absolut-tonics probably came to about $20usd. I'm not real sure because I'm not one who pays much attention to that (if I were, I'd probably drink fewer absolut-tonics)

MIRAMAR

We ate a Mickey's and had a great meal of Flounder in wine sauce and capers, Macademia crusted Flounder, and Filet w/ rosemary. He serves ribeye- the Mexican Ribeye comes in a chipoltle sauce- a little too spicy for me, but my husband loved it. Get your meal with his soups, which are excellent. For desert, we had Bananas Foster- incredible. Also, some Saturdays he puts together a cooking class which I would HIGHLY recommend.

wendell

We ate at Mickey's 3 times over the past few weeks. Every time was outstanding. Great food, excellent presentation, and a price that doesn't break the bank. Highly reccomended

Reef is very good. Great steak and yes a bit pricey. Took my family there last year because it was close to our resort....they wanted some authentic mexican dishes. Don't go there if you want good mexican food. that is not there speciality. Wasn't bad, but I suggest La Curva for that.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Reef is very good. Great steak and yes a bit pricey. Took my family there last year because it was close to our resort....they wanted some authentic mexican dishes. Don't go there if you want good mexican food. that is not there speciality. Wasn't bad, but I suggest La Curva for that.
tequilatodd, The Reef restaurant closed last june 09, Mare blu just open a month ago maybe? not sure, it is an Italian Ristorant and I must add the food was not only italian it was FINGER LICKING GOOD!! the service was really good, they had enough people there to care of the tables and they were doing too!

I do have to agree with some of the posters here when they say that the prices are a bit to big for PP, I had the fetuccini fruti de mare, excellent seafood dish with clams (5), small to medium shrimp (4), scallops (3 maybe) and calamari (3) and of course the pasta, for those that have been to Carusso's in Tucson and had the opportunity to taste the Pasta Primavera, same dish, know that the is about double the amount of seafood and probably twice as much pasta and the price is cheaper, OK OK Carusso's is not on the beach, however seafood is more expensive in Tucson too!!

What can I say, I still enjoyed it and sometimes that is the price we pay for playing in Paradise!! OH!! I must add they had a piano and guitar duo going at it very nicely and my daughter got embarrased as always 'cause her parents started dancing for everybody to see, just a song anyway was enough to drive her nuts!!
OK Russ here is were you say AJUA!!