Midweek Bird Island Boats

I wanted to see if anyone can point me in the right direction here- I am visiting next week again and would like to get out to Bird Island, but I’m having difficulty finding a boat that will go out there midweek. There are just two in my party and I understand the prices would be a little higher if we can’t find enough people to fill the boat. Any ideas or contacts would be greatly appreciated!

Roberto

Call Mike at Latitude. Guy who is a very experienced capt. I met there has a real nice boat and will take out small parties.
638-383-4311

garyd

I wanted to see if anyone can point me in the right direction here- I am visiting next week again and would like to get out to Bird Island, but I’m having difficulty finding a boat that will go out there midweek. There are just two in my party and I understand the prices would be a little higher if we can’t find enough people to fill the boat. Any ideas or contacts would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe a private boat would take you out for the cost of fuel and food or something like that. Post on the fishing forum and may be get some fishing in as well.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
DEL MAR CHARTERS nearly across from Latitude 31 when you start to come into the Malecon has seen them the last 4 days! OSCAR is the man and you will surely be delighted with your selection. He does bird island too. They have several boats. Bird Island is on a faster type BayRunner and whale tours is on the 40 ft Catameran.

Thank me later, have fun!

https://www.facebook.com/delmarcharters.mexico?fref=ts

ben21

DEL MAR CHARTERS nearly across from Latitude 31 when you start to come into the Malecon has seen them the last 4 days! OSCAR is the man and you will surely be delighted with your selection. He does bird island too. They have several boats. Bird Island is on a faster type BayRunner and whale tours is on the 40 ft Catameran.

Thank me later, have fun!

https://www.facebook.com/delmarcharters.mexico?fref=ts
The FB link didn't work for me...

A little off topic, but does he do fishing trips too? I'm definitely a novice when it comes to fishing, but am planning on bringing about 15 people down in April. Many of the people have never been to RP before and are asking about fishing a trip. If he does do fishing trips, how much would it cost for say, 8 people to rent a boat including all reels, bait, etc. for around 4 hours?

Roberto

The FB link didn't work for me...

A little off topic, but does he do fishing trips too? I'm definitely a novice when it comes to fishing, but am planning on bringing about 15 people down in April. Many of the people have never been to RP before and are asking about fishing a trip. If he does do fishing trips, how much would it cost for say, 8 people to rent a boat including all reels, bait, etc. for around 4 hours?
Call Mike at Latitude. He can answer your questions.

SUCCESS!!! I have a reservation next week with Eco Fun as they had a boat going out that was already confirmed. Santiago's didn't have anything scheduled and I couldn't get through to Mike at Latitude on the phone. I had also previously tried Del Mar, left a voicemail and sent an e-mail but I didn't get any response back. I went out with Oscar on the Bayrunner the first time and had a blast, maybe they close up in the Winter?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
SUCCESS!!! I have a reservation next week with Eco Fun as they had a boat going out that was already confirmed. Santiago's didn't have anything scheduled and I couldn't get through to Mike at Latitude on the phone. I had also previously tried Del Mar, left a voicemail and sent an e-mail but I didn't get any response back. I went out with Oscar on the Bayrunner the first time and had a blast, maybe they close up in the Winter?

I tried to tell both the owner Craig and Captain Oscar that they need to have someone in the office during business hours and in my opinion six days a week. This is the result. I don't know anything. I took business classes in college for the women... They obviously must be doing fine because they throw a lot of business away if you ask me. No, they are not closed for the winter. This is their busiest time, the whales are here.

playaperro

El Pirata
I tried to tell both the owner Craig and Captain Oscar that they need to have someone in the office during business hours and in my opinion six days a week. This is the result. I don't know anything. I took business classes in college for the women... They obviously must be doing fine because they throw a lot of business away if you ask me. No, they are not closed for the winter. This is their busiest time, the whales are here.
Posers Joe, LOL, can't beat all the toys and space eco has, aye que vida buena!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Posers Joe, LOL, can't beat all the toys and space eco has, aye que vida buena!

I've seen some of the kayaks they have and they are definitely the upper echelon kayaks. Boat looks nice too. I personally call Oscar my friend and he's a great guy. Extremely knowledgeable and very congenial. I think he is what makes their business better for little tours and whale watching. I have nothing against Eco.

mis2810

I've been out on both EcoFun and DelMar. I like DelMar better because it's more personal. Oscar is a great guy and makes all the difference in customer service. The About Time is a fun boat, more intimate than Eco Fun's larger boat where you have to fight your way to the front to see anythung. The About Time has great viewing from the whole boat.

playaperro

El Pirata
I've seen some of the kayaks they have and they are definitely the upper echelon kayaks. Boat looks nice too. I personally call Oscar my friend and he's a great guy. Extremely knowledgeable and very congenial. I think he is what makes their business better for little tours and whale watching. I have nothing against Eco.
Very well said amigo, it's good we have a choice of many charters and to each his own.

Roberto

The About Time is a 54′ Motor and Fishing Yacht with countless Fishing Championships up and down the Sea of Cortez. With 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen it will be hard pressed not to enjoy your trip. This boat is equipped with full electronics, outriggers, fish cockpit, bait tank and of course a good time

Both the Pacifica and About Time have extended trip capabilities, TV’s and movies, air conditioning, water and diesel storage and two onboard generators per boat.

The “Toys” can be packaged with either boat upon request. These include a 40HP Tender, two 1100cc Jet Skiis, two Ocean Kayaks, Snorkling Equipment and Fishing Equipment.

Capt. Adolfo Perez. 638-386-4345
1/2 day, 6 Peeps. $450
www.pacificacharters.com

Late yesterday afternoon, Oscar did return my phone call and I had to tell him that I had booked with Eco Fun. He said that it would have been hard to get enough people for a boat to go out there. I think they have a great service that is more personal, but it seems the winter time marketing area seems to be lagging for them.

Last edited: