Might want to try.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
His stuff looks good. The "tube" lures work very well trolled around the island. Sierra love 'em. I picked up some "surgical eels" when I was back East earlier this year. They used to be extremely popular as trolling lures for striped bass in the Chesapeake when I was growing up, but seemed to have waned in popularity and have gotten hard to find unless you hit the old school tackle stores in southern Maryland and Virginia.

Interesting. I went up to Cape Cod last year and read a book in the house we rented from way back about Bass fishing. They used to skin eels and sew them back up to troll for bass. I assume surgical tubing fulfills the same end.

B

bahiatrader

It's amazing what fish will actually go after. Case in point: The famous piece of chrome car antenna with a hook on it so famous around Rocky Point, or the beer cap lures. I've caught fish on things that look nothing like anything in their environment that I could see. Whatever triggers their strike response is the thing to use. That's why we've got lots of variety in our tackle boxes. I also have lures that are over 20 years old that I haven't used, but I might. I've also used bass lures with some success in the ocean. I like to think that something that resembles something in their environment would be best, but I don't really know that for sure.
One time when I was having my boat worked on in Rocky Point, I sat down and whittled out a dozen tuna plugs and painted them with finger nail polish. I've never used them, but they sure look good to me, and I might use them in the right circumstance. Whatever works...

Attachments