Mosquitoes - Mirador or Las Conchas area?

rplarry

We were hoping someone might shed some light on the mosquitoes that were reported over the last couple weeks. We have friends going down and staying in Las Conchas and were wondering if anyone has any recent information on those annoying pests? Also, does anyone have advice on what to use to keep them at bay while sitting outside on patio? They sure can make a stay unpleasant when they are invading.

Thank you for your input.

falsent

I miss Duna's
I would also like to know the current fly situation in LC. After reading the minutes from the board meeting in April, it appears that the dump is still an issue. Are we invaded by flies during the day and Mosquitos at night? If a resident could reply, it would be much appreciated.

Roberto

I have not been out there much recently. Was out near CEDO 2 days ago, no mosquitoes or flies noted. Others have reported that the mosquito population is way down from last week or so and no complaints about flies. Sounds like things are better. If you go and are bothered try spraying the area around your patio with one of the aerosol bombs, particularly abound any vegetation and the edges or walls etc. Spray up wind if there is a breeze. It's a temporary fix sometimes but might keep them away for some time. I do this in my garden and after one spraying I have no more problems. Cover any standing water as well, since they breed very fast. Good luck.

jerry

Wind Speed:23.0mph
Wind Gust:
In Playa Encntoright now
Not a skeeter or fly in sight
32.0mph
“There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was one of those hot dry Santa Anas that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands' necks. Anything can happen. You can even get a full glass of beer at a cocktail lounge.”
Raymond Chandler, Red Wind: A Collection of Short Stories
tags: detective , hard-boiled , santa-anas