Mosquitos problem.

flicks

Well Known Member
Heard from friends staying in Los Conchas that they're getting eaten up by them. We're coming down next week. But we're staying closer to sandy beach. Does anybody know if they've had that issue in sandy beach.

Roberto

Well Known Member
It seems to me that when the wind blows out of the north it blows them in off the estuary. I had an infestation but sprayed just around the casa in and out around plants and no more problem.

jmcdtucson

Well Known Member
There are tons of biting gnats across the estuary at encanto.
There were swarms of mosquitos in las conchas in June.
Bring bug spray or pick some up at la farmacia. They have the good stuff with deet

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
There are plenty of mosquitos east of Encanto as well. Until they phase out, and until some good breezes happen, at sunrise, and after sunset it is best to stay inside.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
We've been at PDO since the 2nd. Haven't had any problems and I would know. Beachgirl is a mosquito magnet!

barbarella

We're heading down this weekend to stay at Playa Encanto and the biting gnat report concerns me. I'm a gnat magnet and react to their bites with big welts that last 3 weeks! Does anyone know if any particular type of repellent keeps the gnats away? I had DEET on last time I was around them and it didn't seem to help much with keeping them at bay. How long do the gnat swarms stick around? I'm hoping they will die out, or blow away before we get there.

barbarella

Thanks for the recommendation on Skin So Soft. I had forgotten about it working as an insect repellent. Just picked up a bottle of it with a spray pump. We'll put it to the test this weekend.

ron

Well Known Member
Playa Encanto Area has been horrible for mosquitoes for the last 2 weeks. The estuary is flooded and of course that is where they breed. It is slowly but surely drying up and an onshore breeze should help. The days with no wind or an offshore breeze have been horrible. Been here 2 weeks and only 4 days have been mosquito free.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The mosquitos and flies are the reason I didn't build in Las Conchas or Playa Encanto, but love visiting those areas.