mosquitos??

HI, I have been living in Guerrero for 6 months and my person scent is Caladryl mixed with Autan. One is for the itching and the second is supposed to be preventative ha ha ha ha ha. It does however work better than anything else so I haven't been covered in bites for awhile, but I get bites every day, rain or shine. I also get tons of bites from "no seeums"...these tiny things you don't see but they attack ankles and feet. If you don;t scratch those go away in a few hours. Luckily the Autan is an oil so no need for lotion- which I would sweat right off and I'm sure attracts the biting little critters. As you may know, in this area it's hot and humid all the time, so I am wet thru and thru all the time.

So- my question is- in Puerto Penasco, if we don't live beachfront, are the mosquitos the same as here in Guerrero? Worse? Better (hope hope)?
thanx!

MIRAMAR

We live beachfront 20 miles east, and unless my plants have pooled water, I don't have a mosquito problem. And my husband says I'm a mosquito magnet, so I understand about Caladryl!

mis2810

I'm a mosquito and no see-um magnet also and when I'd go to San Carlos, Sonora I'd get bitten so bad I wanted to die. Only thing that ever worked for me was tge original Avon Skin So Soft spray. It was just a dry body oil but they figured out it was also a natural bug repellant. But I've never had bug bite issues in Puerto Penasco ever.

Mosquito's don't bite Vegetarians!
Here's one that they do! But, Terrigreen, I -- like Mirimar -- live about 20 miles east, and for about 18 years have not had a big problem . . . Except for one year (at least 10 years ago) after heavy spring rains. Hoards of mosquitoes (and mice) followed that summer. Barring unusual conditions, though, I've noticed that the few mosquitoes seem to be seasonal (late summer for a few weeks), and only after sundown.

Thanx everyone! We are dying right now, getting bit all day and all nite! Hearing your answers alone makes Puerto Penasco my new destination!

It sounds like a big area; some of you are 20 east? Is there still a town where you are- meaning stores, internet cell service? It's funny what you miss when it's gone!

It sounds like a big area; some of you are 20 east? Is there still a town where you are- meaning stores, internet cell service? It's funny what you miss when it's gone!
Well, maybe it is more like 15 miles east . . . about 20 minutes . . . among some beach communities out that way. Internet service can be had out there. But Puerto Penasco is the nearest hub for stores, etc.

Roberto

I have a huge garden area and plant starting area with plants in pots, no not pot plants ! I will get mosquitoes a couple of times a year. I spray around the plant working area and have no problems for a long time. Yes I have the no seeums as well. Pesky critters that they are. On a scale of 0 to 10 the problems here is a 1 or a 2 and only periodically. There are areas near some of the estuaries that get impacted big time on a seasonal basis. The Mirador is not bad at all.

The areas near the estuarys seem to have more mosquitos. At the Sandy Beach and Cholla Bay areas, rarely have we been bitten.