Moving household goods with no visa

Ken&Liz

We have built a home in Puerto Peñasco. We were bringing our stuff down to the two bedroom apartment we are renting. We need to get out of our home here and are putting boxes in a trailer for the final move in mid-june. My passport expired on May 1. and I sent it in to get renewed in March with expedite $70 added to the check. I have called and gone to the passport website and they say there will be a delay of SEVERAL MONTHS. Can I just stop at the border and pay duty on my stuff or what? my wife could get her visa. I think that might be the way to go, but not sure they wouldn't ask for mine at the border

mondone

Whitecaps
I sent renewal in mid- March for my wife and I, no expedite requested. Got our new PP and PP card in 1 week.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
3 weeks for ours in Jan, normal processing. Mexico has never asked for my passport. If you're worried about getting back to the US your passport application copy and photo ID should suffice. I'd also take a copy of your birth certificate.

Ken&Liz

i SENT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS PAST THE ONE THEY STATE AS THE END OF NORMAL SERVICE. I need it to get my visa from the consulate in Tucson. Wife, by herself, only qualifies for temporary permit.