Moving to Puerto Penasco in May/June, need a rental

Moon Willow

Hola, Buen dia,
Where are the best places to find a furnished long term rental under $450 including utilities in Puerto Penasco?
I am a single senior lady and do not have a car. I need to be in walking distance to everything. I do not have any pets.
I am very clean and neat. I am a writer and would like a quiet place with a view if possible.
How do I find rentals in this price range? Where are the best sources to find rentals?
I appreciate your help. I currently live in San Miguel de Allende. I have my Temporal Permite.

Gracias, Viviana

Roberto

Well Known Member
Because this is an area heavily influenced by tourism, rentals tend to be expensive or not available for long term. The only part of your request that might be hard to find in combination with your other requests is proximity to stores. But taxis are cheap and you can phone for one. Some develop an ongoing relationship with a driver for reliability so they come when called. Some will wait while you shop.
Dee at Twin Dolphins often has a rental in your range, mostly in the Mirador and a short stroll to the beach. Phone 638 383 3919. Talk to Brisa there. She has a small rental, very inexpensive and clean and modern but is a single room. She can help you with other rentals as well. Good luck.

Moon Willow

Because this is an area heavily influenced by tourism, rentals tend to be expensive or not available for long term. The only part of your request that might be hard to find in combination with your other requests is proximity to stores. But taxis are cheap and you can phone for one. Some develop an ongoing relationship with a driver for reliability so they come when called. Some will wait while you shop.
Dee at Twin Dolphins often has a rental in your range, mostly in the Mirador and a short stroll to the beach. Phone 638 383 3919. Talk to Brisa there. She has a small rental, very inexpensive and clean and modern but is a single room. She can help you with other rentals as well. Good luck.
Gracias for your help. I am used to taking taxis and walking. I am flexible in my needs and wishes. A small place is fine, it gives me a chance to look around and get used to the area.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Just be prepared for the summer heat because it get's nasty.
From mid July until late Sept it gets hot and humid, daytime temps close to 100 and night temps 86-88, with 70%+ humidity.
Ocean temps will hover around 90 degrees so not a ton of relief at the beach.
Some people say it's not that bad but for many it's brutal.
If you can deal with the summers, Penasco is a great place to be.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Yes on the heat and humidity. Do not consider a place with inadequate AC. Nice to have heat as well but easier to deal with no heat than no AC. A small electric heater is usually enough to get the frost off !! we have lots of sun days so I often warm up siting in the sun.