Moving to Rocky Point

Revsophia

Greetings!
I'm moving to Rocky Point and would like to know where the cheap nice Apartments are for rent? I am retired and single. I saw an ad that reads " you can live in Puerto Peñasco for $400 per month all inclusive except eating out at restaurants." When I do searches on internet, all I find are daily rate vacation rentals or property for sale.
Thank you!
Revsophia

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
Yes, the article said you can live in P.P. @ $400 month. They left out the part about it being in the streets. Anyway, if your heart is set on living in the The Big P.P., you would probably be better off buying a livable camper in the states, towing to P.P., and living out of that for a while. Get the flavor of the place, make some contacts, and if you're still wanting to stay you'll be in a little better position to make a decision.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
You might want to look at some of the ex-pat communities immediately north of San Felipe in Baja on the other side of the sea of Cortez. Maybe a couple of the Camps to the south as well. Some of these are based on trailers that have been added to and property transfers sometimes happen with cash and a handshake. I doubt $400 a month would do it, but there are certainly Americans living there on little more than Social Security.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
$800-900 per month in Penasco is do able as a minimum with rent being $350 max.
but you won't have much $ left over to do much else.
I know of a few American's who rent in Cholla Bay who get by on $1,200 per month.
They eat in a lot, shop as a local and don't drink a ton of alcohol.

You can get by for less but need to go further south into Mexico to live cheaply, $400 still isn't realistic.

Revsophia

Yes, the article said you can live in P.P. @ $400 month. They left out the part about it being in the streets. Anyway, if your heart is set on living in the The Big P.P., you would probably be better off buying a livable camper in the states, towing to P.P., and living out of that for a while. Get the flavor of the place, make some contacts, and if you're still wanting to stay you'll be in a little better position to make a decision.

Revsophia

Thanks Bob for the sound advice. I appreciate you taking the time to reply in such a kind fashion.
Blessings

Revsophia

Brokenwave,
thank you so much for your feedback! My first choice was Ajiic Jalisco, Guadalajara, MX where a few of my friends have retired there. However, when I told my children, I was retiring there, it didn't go well. So I decided on Puerto Penasco Since it's a short drive to Arizona where some of my family live. My other children in Michigan were not happy at all either. So I guess I'm more of traditional Mexican mother than I thought wanting to stay close by in PP. The mother hen is not supposed to venture far from her baby chicks, even if they're in their 50s. I've been going to PP since my parents took me as a child and there was no development, now it's gotten to be a resort destination. Which is good for Mexican economy. I'm sure I'll find something.
Thanks again for giving me a a slice of reality.