Movistar store?

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Thanks Roberto. Hope they sell sim cards as my old phone got stolen and I have no desire to buy a smart phone. Have a couple of good old flip phones lying around here somewhere.

BootNHat

Headed somewhat north on Benito Juarez. Turn right at light where large sign says Ace Hardware. The Movistar store is second or third place on your right just across from small triangle park.

Headed somewhat north on Benito Juarez. Turn right at light where large sign says Ace Hardware. The Movistar store is second or third place on your right just across from small triangle park.
I have used that store several times too. Works every time.
If you need a hook-up, go to the Penasco Beauty Center that is next to Super Ley. Talk to Eisla (spelling). She knows the guy who works there. She has helped me on a few occasions.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Thanks BootNHat and Tequila Todd. BTW, Todd, I see by your sign-off that we share a love for truly fine tequila. Stopped at Mickey's a few days ago and bought one of those huge 4L jugs from Arturo. Noticed something interesting: when sipped neat, the tequila is smooth, sweet and just plain delicious, but add a cube of ice, and it brings out a decidedly smoky flavor to go along with the smooth and sweet. Can't decide which way I like it best. Guess I'm getting a wee bit off-topic here.

Thanks again for the Movistar info.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Mickey's is a no-longer-in-business restaurant one block up from the malecón. If you're standing at the Thrifty ice cream store, facing it, and look to your left and up, you'll see "Mickey's" painted on the side of the building. Arturo, is "Mickey's" son and is a gregarious guy who can usually be found holding court at a table just inside the front door. Generally has some friends or family hanging around as well. He sells tequila that they have made for them by someone down in Jalisco. He also sells custom-made wooden kegs to store his tequila in if you're so inclined. You'll be greeted like an old friend and one or more free sample shots will be pressed upon you. No sales pressure at all. We've always had to ask if we can buy some tequila to take home. Last time we visited, a few days ago, a 4L bottle was $60US, $15/L. The stuff is the smoothest you'll probably ever taste.