My little Mexi-cat

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Many of you will remember from the old forum that, while I was packing up Smuggler's Cove to go to storage after Playa Miramar RV park had been sold, that I rescued a little tuxedo kitten. I brought him home; he was all ears, paws and tail and weighed 4 pounds. But such a personality! He grew into an 11 pound beautiful cat. Last Wednesday I came home from work to find him cowering on the porch, filthy, bloody and terrified. I looked him over good (well as good as upset, horrified and crying can look) and found 2 holes on either side of his shoulders. I thought he had been dogbit. A flying run to the ER and it was discovered that he had been shot! A quick measurement of the entrance and exit wounds at .227 and .229 showed it was a .22! The vet and I were just AMAZED that an 11 pound cat survived being shot thru with a .22! No crushed bones or vital organs hit. My next door neighbors lost their cat to a .22 bullet about 4 months ago so we now have a serial cat killer on the loose in the neighborhood. I filed a police report and am keeping him in. He HATES me. And I am about bonkers over all the crying and meowing to go out. He has now used up 3 of his nine lives on one bullet. I am just sick over this. How can some people be so sick and depraved? I'm just grateful that he's a tough little Mexi-cat!

That is just horrible - someone with nothing else to do but sit around taking pot shots at defensless animals. Hope he heals quickly!

Sunshine

A

AZ Miguel

We have two cats, one domestic in\out door cat and a Feral cat that we adopted and had fixed. The Feral cat we continue to feed daily on our back porch and she will always remain a wild Feral cat that wants little to do any interaction with people but has always been a great companion to our domestic cat. I don't want any more wild feral cats than the one we currently support. I believe any other wild feral should be in the wild and not roam freely in neighborhoods pissing on everyone's doors and windows and adding to the pet over population problems. Solution is to use a live trap and if the trapped cat acts wild than return it to the wild and contribute to the food chain. You sure can tell if the cat is a feral cat or domesticated once they are in that cage and you go for that handle! But their is no way anyone can tell for sure if a cat is wild when it's roaming and thus they should not be shot at.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
See, that's part of the problem. He doesn't roam too far from home. I have reports of 8 houses up and down the street in either direction. He also does not act feral in any way! In fact, he has never met a stranger and that may be his downfall. When he came to me at Playa Miramar, he just walked across the park and made a beeline for the Cove. He saw me resting for a minute and just walked right up to me and jumped in my lap, meowing and licking my face. I know that was cat for save me. And he knew which chick was a sucker for a handsome face with all the right moves! :mrgreen: He made the rounds but always came back to the Cove. When I got him home, he walked right up to whoever was around and loved on them, too. He still does that. He's vaccinated, chipped and snipped. This wasn't a feral cat shooting, this was a coldblooded, sick, I can't think of any words that are acceptable for the forum shooting. My neighbors and I have gotten together to watch the neighborhood and my friend who is a Phoenix policewoman told me she would get more patrols in my neighborhood. Cat killers soon turn into serial human killers. She's concerned, too.

Thank you, Cathy and Sheryl(MYT). He's pretty much back to normal, wanting out really bad, but he looks funny with shaved shoulders with a bullet hole in the middle of each!:shock: I'll let you know if we catch the sick m@#$%&@#$%&r.