My Trip

Kelney

Well Known Member
Just got back from seven days of bliss being away from the office of corporate hell. As always I learned a thing or two. I learned the following:

When getting passed by a cop going 95 from Sonoita to RP you are good to make record time yourself.

I have still apparently made peace with the Wind God. Seven days there with only one day that would have had me chumming the waters. Five years ago it was the polar opposite.

The public harbor has once again turned into a three ring circus. Not sure if that is good or bad, it depends on my mood at the time I guess. The derelicts have since returned but if you show up late enough they will have tended to wander off due to making their daily beer allowance money. I think I am ready for the sanctity of Safe Marine once again, but Idoubt I will have the same stories to tell.

Jose can’t put a boat cover on correctly to save his life.

Las Conchas had plenty of biting critters for June. Never had that before. Finding some ”Off” type repellant was not easy but the Wal-Mart place has some equivalent if you askfor assistance by using hand guestures describing biting insects. Speaking of Wal-Mart, the Sam’s Club was just an overpriced version of the same in the states but smaller. The Telcel rep though was worth the price of admission though.

Crossing the border with kids used to be a breeze. Now on aboring Saturday afternoon they like to pass the time by asking trivia with my kids. Between them and the border patrol check points they wasted a good ten minutes of my life. I guess I should not complain, I smuggled my pork chorizo across no problemo

Wrecked at The Reef remains a good time but it tends to negate time on the water the following day.

Although they lack sex appeal, scuba boots makes for great shore fishing footwear.

20 psi in the tires makes my truck one bad ass sand toy.

There are a few unspeakables but hey, as the saying goes…..

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Although they lack sex appeal, scuba boots makes for great shore fishing footwear.

Ditto that - they work pretty good on the boat as well- especially when it's cold out.

Dig this shot taken at about 7am one morning this past March- sporting my super warm neoprene dive boots and my "Ric Felder tribute" grey sweatpants... :)

P1000396.jpg

Can you imagine that when I submitted this photo to Saltwater Sportsman magazine for their cover photo contest that they rejected it...? I mean seriously, what the hell is wrong with those people?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I don't remember what kind of shoes Kenny had on with huis fish scarin' outfit. I never looked. LOL!

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
funny I was googling images of rocky point and stuff and in one of my searches the "fish scaring" pic appeared I was LMAO!

Kenny

Well Known Member
Who would have thought that these pictures that were taken as a joke about a thread where people were posting pictures of guy's wearing outlandish and brief bathing attire (fish scarin outfits) would still keep coming up. Remember, I'm not the one who first posted them on here, nor was it my idea, the photographer did.

GV Jack

Snorin God
My, my, my, Kenny.

Did you ever catch anything with it????? The fishing rod that is.....:gofishing:

Did anyone bother to notice the tire tracks and the foot prints. Musta done a good job of scarin people away there Kenny ol' boy.

Kenny

Well Known Member
My, my, my, Kenny.

Did you ever catch anything with it????? The fishing rod that is.....:gofishing:

Did anyone bother to notice the tire tracks and the foot prints. Musta done a good job of scarin people away there Kenny ol' boy.
Those are our tracks Jack. Jerry's quad, shorefishers wifes SUV (don't tell), and my Jeep. We were probably 10 miles from anyone.

I did catch something with the Rod and reel, but I'm not dumb enough to have shore fished with that fish scarin outfit on. After all, fish can jump.:eek:

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Okay......first of all, I've been laughing so hard this morning I had to walk away from the computer:rofl:. Second of all, Kenny, I'm sorry I drug that skeleton out of the closet.....just couldn't help myself;) I think you look rather dapper!!

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
With that tan you look like the guy who says: "Stay thirsty my friends"- the most interesting man in the world