Need advice for shore fishing.

Wldcat10

Heading down to RP soon and would like some advice on shore fishing. Would like to go out and fish with my younger brother in the mornings. Is there a certain rod/reel I should use? I have my regular spinning reel/rod rig and my brother has his spin cast rig. These are the rig's we use to fish trout and catfish. Would these reels be ok to use for shore fishing?

Would also like to know what lures/bait and size hooks to use. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

SunDevil

1st thing to do is get a new name for this forum. 2nd thing is to get a new avatar. after that you should be good to go.

azfish

Heading down to RP soon and would like some advice on shore fishing. Would like to go out and fish with my younger brother in the mornings. Is there a certain rod/reel I should use? I have my regular spinning reel/rod rig and my brother has his spin cast rig. These are the rig's we use to fish trout and catfish. Would these reels be ok to use for shore fishing?

Would also like to know what lures/bait and size hooks to use. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rods are fine, use silver spoons. You must wet the lure first before you can catch a fish.