need good carniceria

wendell

the butcher shop I have bought from for many years evidently has gone out. I need suggestions on where to go now, particularly for beef tenderloin that I can have cut to the thickness I like. I have not looked anywhere else for beef for year since I was very happy with this shop. For the past year they were on Benito Juarez on the west side of the street and a couple of blocks north of Constitution. Prior to that they were on one corner of the intersection across from Rocky Imports, the hospital, and the big Telcel building. Any help would be appreciated.

Truck Boss

Not sure of the name of it, but we have had very good luck (and Meat) with the place caddy corner from the big Tel Mex antennas.

wendell

That is interesting Russ--I went in there yesterday and they told me that they do not carry tenderloin to cut filet to order.

Truck Boss--that is the one that has closed

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Well I bought tons of arrachera and it was awesome. I have had good fortune at Ley for New Yorks cut to order.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Not sure of the name of it, but we have had very good luck (and Meat) with the place caddy corner from the big Tel Mex antennas.
the butcher shop I have bought from for many years evidently has gone out. I need suggestions on where to go now, particularly for beef tenderloin that I can have cut to the thickness I like. I have not looked anywhere else for beef for year since I was very happy with this shop. For the past year they were on Benito Juarez on the west side of the street and a couple of blocks north of Constitution. Prior to that they were on one corner of the intersection across from Rocky Imports, the hospital, and the big Telcel building. Any help would be appreciated.
The place you guys are talking about is called Cedesa. They closed the location by the Telcel tower and I heard they were just south of the Burger King in a small strip mall. Terry C confirmed and said "Yes, Ruben is his name 638-383-5405, you can call ahead and place an order too."

Roberto

Well Known Member
Just FYI (from a PPRES - or whatever she calls it:p:p ) I am sure the Cedasa is a brand of beef, like Coke is a brand of soft drink.The stores here love to paint lots of logos on the outside to show what they sell. I have seen 'Cedasa' on various carnicerias (butcher shops) around the community. You will often see for example "Carniceria Juan" and Cedasa. Yes Ley has pretty good beef as does the Santa Fe and Sam's and at the right time when a butcher is available they will custom cut what you want if they have it. Have not tried the Bodega

GV Jack

Snorin God
I'm gonna stick my stuffed nose in this. The one across from Rocky Imports, for which I paid $50.00 to find the location, thanks Rubbertoe,
I don't think is/was called Cedasa. I did go there a number of times and the first Rib Eyes I got there were possibly the best I've ever had.
It went down hill from there so I went to the Cedasa that was on Ocampo. They mostly had cuts in the freezer. Roberto that's where I got the
filets you had at our place that night. They were kind of thin but tasty. I believe they have moved a couple blocks south. Also, I have had friends
rave about the Rib Eyes from Sam's. I really like filets also, so if someone has a good suggestion I'm hip. Well, back to my oxygen tent for a while.

wendell

Retraction!
Well, things are not always what you are told. The shop I started this thread about IS still in business. When I was by there earlier in the week his cases were empty and he was closed. I also talked to one of the neighbors there in the center--a dentist no less--and he told me the market was gone for good. Was in town yesterday and went by again just to be sure and the shop is open. The owner told me he closed the day I was there because his supplier had not been able to make a couple of deliveries so he ran out of product. I did get some filets and they were wonderful. I highly recommend this place. Thanks to all for your help here and I now have some other options for my meat. We are here about 6 months of the year and we buy all our meat down here

GV Jack

Snorin God
Retraction!
Well, things are not always what you are told. The shop I started this thread about IS still in business. When I was by there earlier in the week his cases were empty and he was closed. I also talked to one of the neighbors there in the center--a dentist no less--and he told me the market was gone for good. Was in town yesterday and went by again just to be sure and the shop is open. The owner told me he closed the day I was there because his supplier had not been able to make a couple of deliveries so he ran out of product. I did get some filets and they were wonderful. I highly recommend this place. Thanks to all for your help here and I now have some other options for my meat. We are here about 6 months of the year and we buy all our meat down here
Wendell, that's really good news. Are you talking about the Carnecaria across from Rocky Imports and the Telemex Tower? Okay, I reread your initial post and know what you're talking about. Thanks.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
OOOOOOOOOOO PPRES .... PPRES!!!! ...... WHERE IS PPRES WHEN YOU NEED GOOD LOCAL INFORMATION?????????????????????

tortuga

Well Known Member
PPRES. It is the same guys that were across from Rocky Imports. They are now on Benito Juarez across the street from TIPS party store. Orange and white building on the corner at the end of a little strip shopping center.

Landshark

Well Known Member
PPRES. It is the same guys that were across from Rocky Imports. They are now on Benito Juarez across the street from TIPS party store. Orange and white building on the corner at the end of a little strip shopping center.
It is called Carniceria San Jose. Got rib-eyes there about a week ago. They were great! Going to try the tenderloin next time.
Fred phone photos 05-13-2015 005 (Small).jpg
Fred phone photos 05-13-2015 004 (Small).jpg