Need links to Rocky Point being safe.

crowbar

So my wife is petitioning the court to allow her son to travel with us to Rocky Point in November and the father's attorney has come back with a TIME article about violence in Mexico and the State Department travel advisory. Asking for some crowd sourced information and links to Factual data regarding the safety of Rocky Point as a travel destination. Personal anecdotes or comparisons to crime anywhere in the USA won't help but thanks anyway.

Kenny

So my wife is petitioning the court to allow her son to travel with us to Rocky Point in November and the father's attorney has come back with a TIME article about violence in Mexico and the State Department travel advisory. Asking for some crowd sourced information and links to Factual data regarding the safety of Rocky Point as a travel destination. Personal anecdotes or comparisons to crime anywhere in the USA won't help but thanks anyway.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=is+rocky+point+safe&qs=AS&pq=is+rocky+&sc=8-9&cvid=1F3E5BD4A110404BA3621700E9937494&FORM=QBLH&sp=1

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
If a lawyer is prompted to use a TIME article to fight you on this I doubt very much that anybody on this forum can help you. Personal experiences is all I have to offer and you noted that they aren't helpful. Anyway, I and my wife of 36 years have lived full time in Peñasco for the last 12 years in an un-gated community on a dirt street and not once have we had any problems compared to what goes on in other places. Our kids and grand kids come down to visit a few times a year and we are confident they will be OK every time. I hope you have the fortune of a fair judge in what is something I would never want to go through.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We live in a town of 65000 people. Not much to report here....I did trip going out my front yard but it was totally my fault and nobody was around to report it.

Roberto

Well I should report that a dead seal arrived on the beach near my house. No obvious signs of violence but the smell kept me at a good distance.

Seriously, you will not find a comprehensive, reliable, official report of violence in Penasco. I see US families and children playing on the beach mostly weekends. If there was an untoward event of any kind involving children it would spread like wildfire here. There are several Facebook sites active as well as this forum. Scrolling those you will get a comprehensive. albeit unofficial, report of violence here. If you can search several of those sites for reports of violence might be the best you can do. You know social media has changed where we get information everywhere.

Unfortunately your problem has little to do with any facts. Someone's pissed and wants to get even.

Last edited:

marybna

A few years ago a friend wanted to take her daughter with her to Mazatlan and we were driving. We got stuff from AAA that was not negative but said not to drive at night and to stay on main highway. She told him she was going and if her daughter could not go, he would have to take her that week. He then gave his okay because he did not want the responsibility of a teenager. for 2 weeks.

I don't know if you can find the article from a few years back where the Feds recanted a travel alert. They had posted the alert prior to, I think, Spring Break. After someone took them to task and made them recant. We spend the Winter in RP and hear what really happens there. It is never what is in the Phoenix papers or TV. A big part of the problem is all Mexico border tows are lumped together to say how bad they are. You would never get me to cross into Benito Juarez or many others further west of RP.
The normal gunfight in RP is between Cartells late at night when most of us are sleeping