Need some help with detour.

dwig222

My son and his family are going down to RP for a week on April 6th. He hasn't been down there since he was a child. Is there still a detour to get to Las Palomas? I've been going down there for 40 years and I was just there in January, but I can't explain to him where to turn to follow the detour to his resort. Can anyone explain it in terms he will be able to follow? I saw a good explanation on this board not too long ago, but I can't find it. Thanks!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
OK, before you even get to the first traffic light coming down the highway from Arizona, you will exit at Laguna Shores at the funky roundabout a few miles North of town. Travel on that road for a few miles, cross the railroad track and turn left, the condos are now directly ahead of you. Continue towards the condos and go through the next round about straight through to the Arches that welcome you to "Sandy Beach Resorts" after going under the welcome arch make your first left and the condos will be on your right side. Go about 1 mile and turn right into the Las Palomas entry....hope this helps

dwig222

Thanks! The last time we were down, my husband turned at the light just past Sam's Club. We got so lost weaving through town. I told him I thought we went too far.

ben21

Russ nailed it with the directions...

In my experience it will get you to your condo 10-15 minutes faster than snaking through town (especially if there's construction). There is also a gas station/convenience store and the 2nd round about mentioned above so you can grab a few things there if needed.