Need to buy some beer in RP.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Please don't take me somewhere where I'm going to get lost please!

I'm going in a few days, for the first time alone.... I still don't know the area that well, but I need a place where I can get beer, since drinking at the pool side bars is expensive.

Suggestions?

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Oh yeah, forgot about that small part of detail.

Las Palomas.. (Don't hate me anti-condo crew!)

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Er, I'm not sure why I posted this in Real Estate... I'm still half asleep today.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Nod. I take a right to sandy beach where the baseball field is on the main drag.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I've only been on that road once. But, most of the super T's sell some beer. The usual way to get beer in PP is to go to a "Sub-agencia" They are sorted by brand. You will see "Sub-agencia Tecate", "Sub-agencia Corona" etc. You buy it by the case and save your receipt for the bottles. Then, just leave the empties in the condo and take them back for a new case each trip. I don't know if there are any Sub-agencias on that road as I was not paying attention when I was there. There's a couple of Sub-agencia Corona's on the main road on the right going thru Sonoyta. Hope this helps.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ok! The Super T's are safe to go in? :) I've never been in one, I don't know what I'm getting myself into here!

S

Submarine

tyler said:
Oh yeah, forgot about that small part of detail.

Las Palomas.. (Don't hate me anti-condo crew!)
hate hate hate :twisted:

Geez Tyler, does your mom know you are going to Mexico? LOL

You can do one of two things. After you turn right at the Beisbol field, look for signs that say "Corona Deposito" or "Sub-Agencia" on your way to Las Palomas. That's a distributor. Go in and ask for a case of Corona, Dos XX, or that swill that fisherman drink that makes them hog up a VHF channel: Pacifico. :fish: :fish: :fish: LOL
You'll pay a deposit for the bottles, and they have various methods of recording that deposit; either by writing it in a book, writing it on the box, but usually you need to keep your receipt too.
It's around $6.
Go your pigeon coop, drink said beverage, avoid throwing empty bottles at renters whooping it up next door on their patio with the arcadia door propped open and the A/C shutoff bypassed. On your way out, (or when brave enough to venture out from gated, guarded coop), stop at the same Deposito and recover deposit or do like I do and just hold onto the empty bottles for the next return trip. Bring in empties and exchange for new case without deposit.

Or you can try Pemex as I usually stop at the one outside Las Conchas when I'm out that way. I suspect other Pemex's that has convenience stores are set up the same but I've only tried that one.

I seem to recall a Circle T in a traffic circle on the way out to the Sandy Beach area last time I went that way? That would be a third option.

Next trip let's try going to a cantina and maybe eating at a taco stand!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, I forgot! Sub-agencia Corona sells Pacifico, the BEST beer in Mexico! :mrgreen: It's just like here, the main company has different brands, etc.

Flame suit on! :mrgreen:

Kelney

Well Known Member
If you are drinking poolside, remember to buy some in the cans as bottles are prohibited.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Tyler,
I guess Sub forgot we were all newbies once, whether it's 2008, 1978 or in my case 1966. :roll: I'll PM ya.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
haha. This is my 3rd trip down in a year. Obviously I'm addicted to this place, but yeah.. I started off a little late. :lol:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ok! Found it on the map where I need to go. I can do this!

Oh, and be nice to Ladyjeeper. She's my new e-friend! :cool:

garyd

Well Known Member
Is the price of beer higher at Super Ley? If not just go there and buy cans by the case. No deposit and no pool problems

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
garyd said:
Is the price of beer higher at Super Ley? If not just go there and buy cans by the case. No deposit and no pool problems
I've usually found that Super Ley has just about the best price....of the beer/liquor that they carry. Saw a bottle of Don Julio in there cheaper than the Duty Free at the border. Super Ley doesn't carry the "deposit" type bottles.

B

BeachMom

We always buy beer (Tecate or XX) at the Ueta (duty free shop) in Lukeville. $14 for a case (cans).

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ok Happy, that WAS funny...Las Palomas-the pigeons, kind of ironic :lol: but don't pick on Tyler too much. He's not making any money off this forum and he does have a BIG HAMMER! I know it's hard watching our beloved Puerto Penasco turn into the land of high rises and by this time next year there won't be anywhere for our trailers in town on the beach but you know the old sayings, "if you build it, they will come" and "money talks-trailers roll". Well, I took poetic license with that last one. :mrgreen: It ain't goin' back to the old days...no matter how much we want it. :cry: Tyler is not like some of those other condo people on the old forum that bashed us around. He took up the baton of making a place for us after the old forum tossed us. I consider everyone my friend until they show me they are not, be they condo people, trailer people, house people or tenters. Now I'm going to shut up before I start singing Kum Ba Yah :roll: :lol: