Neighborhood names

Hi, Terry here, new to the forum. So it looks like different areas have names for neighborhoods. What are the names of the local's neighborhoods? My husband is Mexican and we are thinking of moving to Puerto Penasco and looking for a local neighborhood. thnx so much for any feedback!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
San Rafael, El Oriente, Lagrimas, Lopez, Nuevo Penasco, Col. Nueva, Las Brisa's,Puerto Viejo, El Sobaco (Leys neighborhood) for starter's.

Last edited:
not sure; we think we're looking for a Mexican neighborhood, and not right on the beach! We live with the beach out our back gate right now and as beutiful as it is, as much as I like sitting on the rocks and watching the waves with my morning coffee....the salt makes everything have this film on it, everything has to be cleaned every day. The windows, we can't leave anything out and we live in the style of inside and outside..So at least 5or more blocks away from the ocean.

We are not looking for a gated community or an expensive beach house. Our plan is long term; my husband is Mexican & I'm from Calif. We're living in a very small village right now, less than 1000 people and at least half of that number is kids. I am the only American and only hubby and a couple of teenagers down the road speak English. There is no grocery store, atm or gas here so it's a 15 min drive to those things. We gave up on the phone and no cell service either. Electricity comes and goes so internet and tv comes and goes too. We need a little more population, better services. and a little socialization for me as I am learning but not fluent in Spanish. It's a beautiful place and a simple life, however I come to know that simple does not mean easy ha ha.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
love that picture of what your looking for... I hope to get an in town spot dome day too! Is Lopez Portillo a neighborhood I know people that kind of speak of it in those terms

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Luis Donoldo Colosio, Lago's y Rio's, Nueva Esperanza and and apart from being the road in front of the police department, its a neighborhood name Lopez Portillo.